Jump to content
he4dhunter247

Website for Nest.com not loading

Recommended Posts

Clear browser cache and restart your browser after changes to anti banner. Any better?

Share this post


Link to post

Just like Marmaduke, RobRud's solution did not work for me either. I also have two Windows 10 machines (Dell PC and Vaio laptop) that were driving me crazy with this issue. I tried Marmaduke's solution (Additional - Network - "Manage exclusions": in the encrypted connection scanning section) first on my PC, and after several tries got a hit with grpc-web.production.nest.com. I was not that lucky with the laptop though. For some reason, Kaspersky AV in the laptop is missing the "Manage exclusions" option under the encrypted connection scanning section. So, the Nest web application is now running again on the PC but not on the laptop.

Does anyone happen to have any idea about how to get access to those exclusions in a Windows 10 laptop? Can someone with a Windows 10 laptop check if they have that option missing as well? 

Thanks to everyone helping to figure out this mess! It's really appreciated! 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

I contacted Kaspersky customer service about this issue with the antivirus not showing the "Manage Exclusions" option on the laptop. They suggested that I upgraded to the 2018 version. After that the "Manage exclusions" option was visible. 

This time I was able to fix the issue on the laptop by adding  "production.nest.com" instead of "grpc-web.production.nest.com" like I did on my computer.

Both Windows 10 devices are showing the Nest web application without issues now.

 

Share this post


Link to post
On 11/28/2017 at 12:07 AM, RobRud said:

Here is the solution that worked for me ...  (see image below)

Viewing the source of "home.nest.com" -- the page that the browsers hang on -- I added all the URL's that were listed in the source to the "Trusted URLs" in Kasperksy AV under  "Settings / Protections / Web Anti-virus / Advanced Settings".   
Home.Nest.com loaded fine.  So, I deactivated all of the URL's, then tried each one individually.  The one that seems to be fix it is "https://nest.com/*".    I works in all 3 of my browsers now, whereas it did not before.   (I am using KAV v18)

If you have this issue, try it out, or the other URLs I have listed, and let post if your solution matches mine, or if it doesn't work.

--- Rob

image.png.cb033139c65f85dd14d1981a0601e649.png

This works for me.

Share this post


Link to post

Yet another huge thank you to Robrud! His solution worked for me too!   Thanks Rob!

-Kevin

Edited by ndisgii

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.