Sign in to follow this  
arun786

3rd party wireless conf tool to not work

Hi,

I switched to Kaspersky from Mcafee 3 days back and have been most pleased with the speed up i can feel in my aging laptop, apart from a java trojan it caught right after install.

However Kaspersky causes my wireless configuration tool, provided by Cisco, which goes by the name of Cisco secure Services Client to go into a disabled mode and i cannot connect to any wireless networks. The tool does not even show the signal strength of other networks.

This only happens after the Kaspersky install and a reboot.

Once this happens, my wi-max connection (through USB) also ceases to work, though its able to get a signal and dial out and give a message related to check your network configuration.

But Ethernet works fine.

Currently i'm online from my home connection after uninstalling the wireless client (and my USB wimax works fine too). Obviosuly Kaspersky does not like Cisco wirlesss client, but i wouldnt know how to make these to work together.

I'm not sure what the issue is - Could the experts please provide me with a diagnosis?

Let me know if you need any info other than the getSystemInfo logs.

Thanks

Arun

ps : My SystemInfo upload - http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...f34986970669edf

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.