David643

KIS 2010 - removing the number of stated threats detected

I am using KIS 2010 -V9.0.0.459 and I have recently re-installed the programme as a part of a re-installation of Windows XP SP3. I found that KIS was stating that "Chrome" browser was acting like a key-logger programme at Windows start up.

I have removed and re-installed Chrome and the problem has ceased but my KIS record shows 12 threats detected on the screen entitled "My Protection Status" - they are also shown as "Riskware". I would like to remove these two figures of "12" so that my KIS front screen is showing zero threats against all categories. I have found how to delete the reports but cannot remove these figues.

Please advise how I need to proceed to get back to a having a series of zeros

Many thanks

David

Hello,

You can uninstall and reinstall Kaspersky, if it's that important to you to have the statistics reset, but you should really try to ignore it - it affects nothing.

Or you could take the opportunity to upgrade to the 2012 version. It's free for existing users, and your annoyance would be gone at the same time.

In addition, you should definitely upgrade your KIS. From your post I see you're using old 459 build of kIS2010. Limited support for KIS 2010 is active for only a few more months, and it is only for latest 736 build. Please clean upgrade to KIS 2012 (upgrades are free if you have a valid license)

In addition, you should definitely upgrade your KIS. From your post I see you're using old 459 build of kIS2010. Limited support for KIS 2010 is active for only a few more months, and it is only for latest 736 build. Please clean upgrade to KIS 2012 (upgrades are free if you have a valid license)

Thank you to everyone who replied. I have recently purchased KIS 2011 and will be removing my current version to install 2011 in the next few days. This will overcome the issue I posted about and it is interesting to know that there is no "reset button" for this particular issue

Regards

David

Hello,

You should install KIS 2012 instead of 2011.

Download links here:

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=209835

It is improved in every way over KIS 2011.

And it doesn't matter that you have bought KIS 2011 - you can use the activation code from that to activate KIS 2012 with. Just download the KIS 2012 installer from the link above and use the activation code you got for KIS 2011. As a paying customer, you can always use your activation code with the latest product.

Edited by King Grub

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.