BSeanD

License issue, need to reclaim a few

Hi everyone,

I am trying to find a way to reclaim licenses that are on old machines. Basically this is the issue. I'm upgrading peoples machines here at work. There old machines have Kaspersky on them and so that means a license is being used. I have now reached my license maximum so I am unable to install Kaspersky on the new machines.

My question is; Is there a way to reclaim the licenses on the old machines without having to connect them all up to the net work and uninstall Kaspersky?

Hope someone can help.

Sean

Edit: Just to note I am running the following version,

Administration Kit 8.0.2090

Management console 3.0 V6.1(Build 7600)

Edited by BSeanD

i really did not get your question, please asnwer the following questions:

how many old & new machines do you have?

how many workstations can be supported with your license?

please give more clarifications on your question :

"Is there a way to reclaim the licenses on the old machines without having to connect them all up to the net work and uninstall Kaspersky? "

i really did not get your question, please asnwer the following questions:

how many old & new machines do you have?

how many workstations can be supported with your license?

please give more clarifications on your question :

"Is there a way to reclaim the licenses on the old machines without having to connect them all up to the net work and uninstall Kaspersky? "

Hi Maher,

We have 85 Licenses all of which are now used.

We are rolling out new PC to people so I am unable to install Kaspersky on the new machines as I do not have any licenses available.

There are a number of old machines in different states that have Kaspersky on them. Instead of having them sent to me to uninstall Kaspersky while on the network and thereby reclaiming the licenses, I would like to be able to recover the licenses from the server side.

Is this possible?

if i understand your question correctly, sure there is a way to retrieve your license regardless of its validity,

connect to the administration server, then repositories->licenses

on the left panel you will be able to see all available licenses, right click on the required one and choose export, this the way to get your license,

next step is to free your license from the installed applications, first make sure that automatic installation of license is disabled, and then right click on the required license and choose delete,

This is what I see when I go to repositories/license screen.

post-258471-1291614051_thumb.jpg

Edited by BSeanD

If you just do not need the licenses on the old computers, you just have to delete them from their group, the from the "unassigned computers" group, and the available license count will go +1 :-)

if you have unwanted old machines activated with same shown license on the screenshot then you should delete machine names everywhere in in the administration server (in managed groups and unassigned computer), plus disconnect those machines from the network or disable automatic installation of license to not reactivate the application

right answers, but you should consider to remove kaspersky AV from old machines to avoid license exceeding. because if old machines still having KAV they will connect via internet to KL license server so the number will still 85.

Edited by Amjad Rimawi

Something I do about once every couple of weeks is go into computer selection / not connected for a long time, and delete most of these machines. It frees up the license the machine was taking up (Usually these are the machines we've rebuilt, so they've already taken up a new license with the new name).

If I delete a machine that has just been off for a while, it will automatically regain it's license the next time it's fired up and connects to the administration server.

(I mention this as it's not always an option to remove Kaspersky from our machines before we re-image them).

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.