Need Help! Just bought my new Kaspersky Internet Anti-Virus Software. I uninstalled Mcafee and thought that would do the job. But I keep getting prompt to delete a file named "Mcafee Anti-Virus File System Filter Driver" before I can continue install. I've looked everywhere on my computer I could think of, but can't find this file to delete. It's obviously holding me up from downloading my new Kaspersky software. Has anyone encountered this or know what I have to do to get rid of this existing Mcafee file. Thanks Cartero :dash1:

Need Help! Just bought my new Kaspersky Internet Anti-Virus Software. I uninstalled Mcafee and thought that would do the job. But I keep getting prompt to delete a file named "Mcafee Anti-Virus File System Filter Driver" before I can continue install. I've looked everywhere on my computer I could think of, but can't find this file to delete. It's obviously holding me up from downloading my new Kaspersky software. Has anyone encountered this or know what I have to do to get rid of this existing Mcafee file. Thanks Cartero :dash1:

Mcafee removal tool.

http://download.mcafee.com/products/licens...atches/MCPR.exe

Edited by Firestorm70

I uninstalled Mcafee and thought that would do the job.

Hello,

Follow Firestorm's suggestion but maybe you could also run

VSCleanupTool.exe (McAfee tool) that should remove all eventual leftovers.

I used it myself on friend's system and it did a good job ....

Berny +++

Edited by Berny

Hello,

Follow Firestorm's suggestion but maybe you could also run

VSCleanupTool.exe (McAfee tool) that should remove all eventual leftovers.

I used it myself on friend's system and it did a good job ....

Berny +++

Tnanks for your suggestions. Got the software up and running. Thanks

So I'm having this same problem...I was unsure about hooking the computer back up to the internet with NO protection at all...Is there a way to get ride of this Mcafee stuff with out going online? I don't understand why when I search for the program it doesn't come up for me to delete it... :angry:

Save the files to a USB and use that to transfer to another computer.

Providing you have a firewall running, you should be fine to connect for a few minutes on the internet.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.