Help - Search - Members
Full Version: How to properly uninstall Kaspersky Personal ?
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Internet Security & Anti-Virus for Windows
Omega
Hi,

1) In safe mode, launch the Control Panel to uninstall Kaspersky Personal

2) Reboot (always in safe mode) and launch the tool "RegClean" http://kasperskyfans.sniffernews.com/downl...ky/RegClean.exe

3) Reboot (normal mode)

4) Delete the directory "C:\kav.cleaner.4x"

Is this correct ?

Thanks for your help wink.gif

P.S : I was told KAV used the ADS but I do not know how uninstall it.
Don Pelotas
What version are you uninstalling? Only version 5.0 uses ADS.
Omega
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ Jan 16 2006, 04:10 PM)
What version are you uninstalling? Only version 5.0 uses ADS.

Hi Don Pelotas,

My version : Kapersky Personal v5.0.390

Thanks for your help ! wink.gif

P.S : I was right for the uninstallation process ?
Don Pelotas
You should use the KAV_Registry_Clean.zip after you have rebooted, safemode is not something you have to use, but i have never had a uninstall go bad in safemode.

To remove the ADS you uncheck "Save NTFS streams for future use" during the uninstall and click start in the next window. smile.gif
Omega
QUOTE(Don Pelotas @ Jan 16 2006, 04:57 PM)
You should use the KAV_Registry_Clean.zip after you have rebooted, safemode is not something you have to use, but i have never had a uninstall go bad in safemode.

To remove the ADS you uncheck "Save NTFS streams for future use" during the uninstall and click start in the next window. smile.gif

Don Pelotas,

Ok, thanks a lot for the tip !

By the way, what is the difference between your tool ("KAV Registry Clean.zip") and the one I mentionned in my first post ("RegClean.exe") ?

Cheers !
Mem
The KAV registry cleaner that Don mentioned was developed by Kaspersky specifically to check deletion of registry entries by KAV version. It does not do general registry cleanup procedures for other applications.

RegClean.exe that you mentioned is not from the Kaspersky site. I didn't download it but normaly RegClean (regclean.exe) was an older Microsoft registry cleaning app for Windows OS that was limited in ability. There is also RegCleaner (regcleanr.exe) that was developed from 1999-2001 by Jouni Vuorio and later turned in to jv16 Power Tools through 2003 (freeware, last version 1.3.0.195). This was changed to a payware version that is sold today with updates. These are more generalized cleaning programs that may not get rid of all KAV entries automatically but could with manual use. That becomes more dangerous for those not understanding registry entries and what can/cannot be deleted.
Omega
QUOTE(Mem @ Jan 16 2006, 09:32 PM)
The KAV registry cleaner that Don mentioned was developed by Kaspersky specifically to check deletion of registry entries by KAV version.  It does not do general registry cleanup procedures for other applications.

RegClean.exe that you mentioned is not from the Kaspersky site.  I didn't download it but normaly RegClean (regclean.exe) was an older Microsoft registry cleaning app for Windows OS that was limited in ability.  There is also RegCleaner (regcleanr.exe) that was developed from 1999-2001 by Jouni Vuorio and later turned in to jv16 Power Tools through 2003 (freeware, last version 1.3.0.195).  This was changed to a payware version that is sold today with updates.  These are more generalized cleaning programs that may not get rid of all KAV entries automatically but could with manual use.  That becomes more dangerous for those not understanding registry entries and what can/cannot be deleted.

Hi,

Very clear, thanks for your explanation wink.gif
guedz
Hi,

for your information

http://kasperskyfans.sniffernews.com/downl...ky/RegClean.exe

is a kaspersky lab cleaner and not the microsoft regclean it's only a zip file who is transform in .exe with sfw software
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.