Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Definition database corrupt
Kaspersky Lab Forum > English User Forum > Protection for Home Users > Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10
Starhunter87
I just burned a cd with the latest kaspersky rescue disk 10 image taken from here http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208282173 but when I boot my pc with it I'm unable to scan files, receiving the error "malfunction error code 80000046".

Even if I try to update the virus definitions repeatedly the program just tells me that not all the components were updated.

Looking up the logs I find errors in the lines:
error updating component
error verifying loaded component KLAVA

Do I have to renounce using it? Thanks for any help given in advance...
-lizard-
Hi.

I have the same problem. Just using the USB boot disk instead.
Anyone know what to do... Or not do?

I've been reading somthing about setting systemtime, but system time is OK.

Kind regards.
-Lizard-
Starhunter87
QUOTE(-lizard- @ 14.03.2011 15:04) *
Hi.

I have the same problem. Just using the USB boot disk instead.
Anyone know what to do... Or not do?

I've been reading somthing about setting systemtime, but system time is OK.

Kind regards.
-Lizard-

Hi there =) Thanks for your answer! Did I read you right? Would the USB boot disk work correctly?
-lizard-
QUOTE(Starhunter87 @ 14.03.2011 23:26) *
Hi there =) Thanks for your answer! Did I read you right? Would the USB boot disk work correctly?

Hi.

No, the USB edition does'nt work... sad.gif

-lizard-
Danila Tyurin
Hello,

Please check this build: ftp://devbuilds.kaspersky-labs.com/devbui...v_rescue_10.iso
sandabal
Hello,
I was having exactly the same issue described by Starhunter87 (both "malfunction error code 80000046" starting scan and incomplete update).
My version was 10.0.23.29.

Tryed the iso suggested by Danilka (it should be the 10.0.29.2 candidate) and now it's working: updating ok, and scan of boot and few directories working fine ... still to test full scan of system.

Thanks all of you.
clint902
I'm having the same problem as well. I know it's the latest version because I paid for and downloaded the full program and burned a cd with it. The rescue disk worked fine a couple of times but now it says the database is currupt. So if my daughters computer gets tons of malware on it and the installed antivirus is currupt, what would I do then? Download the free version from another company?
Danila Tyurin
QUOTE(clint902 @ 16.03.2011 01:41) *
I'm having the same problem as well. I know it's the latest version because I paid for and downloaded the full program and burned a cd with it. The rescue disk worked fine a couple of times but now it says the database is currupt. So if my daughters computer gets tons of malware on it and the installed antivirus is currupt, what would I do then? Download the free version from another company?

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showt...t&p=1615886
clint902
Ok, I burned a cd with my Kaspersky then I paid something like $9 for another one when I purchased the program. Now I have to burn another cd??? Kaspersky just sent me a cd I paid for less than a week ago!!! I discovered even though the database is currupt, it's still updated so I'm not sure what to make of it except my computer is rejecting it somehow because if I reboot back into the rescue disk, the virus definations are suddenly up to date when they were currupt prior to the reboot. I'll figure this out somehow. I'll try the new download Danilka linked to and hope it works first time, every time.
Starhunter87
QUOTE(Danilka @ 15.03.2011 08:56) *

Hello Danilka =) I just tried your iso and it seems to be working nearly perfectly! Thanks! I'm now able to update and scan my system with up to date definitions.

The only issue I seem to have happens when I ask the program to restart the pc. I get strange lines of red and blue dots... mostly red. They look like writings... but I can't read them. After that the Cd is automatically expelled from the drive and the pc restarted after a few seconds... should I worry about it? unsure.gif
Danila Tyurin
QUOTE(Starhunter87 @ 18.03.2011 01:56) *
should I worry about it? unsure.gif

No, this is normal. wink.gif
Starhunter87
Okay, thanks again then =)
clint902
I tried the newest build and it's working perfectly! Thanks for the link! I'm wondering why Kaspersky sent me an obsolete rescue cd less than two weeks ago but it's water under the bridge and I'm happy. I've had so many problems with malware and rootkits corrupting other anti-virus progams I had installed, I prefer to scan using the rescue disk to scan our computers to be certain Kaspersky didn't get corrupted.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.