The current version available for download is 16.0.0.614. The notation you're seeing on the Important Topics appears to be old information. If you follow that download link further, it will take you to the .614 version. The 16.0.1.445 version was available for a while but has been removed for some reason.

OK, thanks.

The current version available for download is 16.0.0.614. The notation you're seeing on the Important Topics appears to be old information. If you follow that download link further, it will take you to the .614 version. The 16.0.1.445 version was available for a while but has been removed for some reason.

Is this the case? richbuff on several occasions recently has suggested to forum users that they download 16.0.1.445 as a means of solving their stated problems

In fact in an answer to one of my posts about the "confusion" over whether 16.0.1.445 was the latest available version I think he even gave the link to 445 in his reply. I'd need to search my posts

I do agree that if it is live then it would be better if it was in the Important Topics.

mikethebike

Is this the case? richbuff on several occasions recently has suggested to forum users that they download 16.0.1.445 as a means of solving their stated problems

In fact in an answer to one of my posts about the "confusion" over whether 16.0.1.445 was the latest available version I think he even gave the link to 445 in his reply. I'd need to search my posts but he gave this advice to LegalMagpie in a SafeMoney thread only yesterday

I do agree that if it is live then it would be better if it was in the Important Topics.

mikethebike

Edited by mikethebike

I am presently running KIS 16.0.0.614(f) and I note there is an upgrade to 16.0.1.445. However, when I go to your downloads page the newer version is not offered (see attachment), am I looking in the wrong place? :)

post-515204-1460449575_thumb.jpg

Edited by Rohugh

Yep, I was looking in the wrong place! Do I need to uninstall 16.0.0.614 or can I install over it?

..... and thank you. :)

OK, my posts were merged here. Thanks.

All questions now answered, .445 downloaded and installed without problems, it has solved a few things, mainly on shutdown and startup speeds which were very slow with 16.0.0.614.

I've read both the sticky thread on downloading the MR1 (16.0.1.445) release and also the thread announcing its release.

All of the links that I can see there for downloads still point to the initial 16.0.0.614 version.

I know that I can directly go to the new version at this link, but I only know this because of a support ticket that I raised where I was asked to try and see if the latest version fixed my problem.

My question is this - is there a reason the main download links haven't been updated to point to the latest version, to make it easier to find?

Welcome to the forum.

It was temporally deleted from Kaspersky Official WebSites, because some bugs that will be fixed in upcoming Patch C (still in beta testing stage).

Thank you for the reply. Please could the sticky post be updated? It's confusing to be pointed to the "latest" version which doesn't seem easy to find on the site.

Anyone knows why in the official site the version is still 16.0.0.614, not 445 ?

Edited by richbuff
No one knows. Merged. Closed, to prevent flood. :)

Welcome to the user forum!

See this thread for a download link to version 16.0.1.445: https://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=344430

Uninstall older version, reboot, install latest version, do a manual update and reboot.

for this issue kaspersky dont release /v 16.0.1.445 on main download page? or another reason or bug?

known issues

The IM-Anti-virus may not support the latest ICQ clients.

If a threat is located on a network resource connected via the SMB protocol, it may be detected and blocked without block notifications. A block prevents a file from being copied, opened, or executed.

When Kaspersky Total Security is installed on top of older versions with the Detect and close screen lockers setting disabled, this setting is enabled after installation.

When Kaspersky Total Security is installed on top of older versions with the Show quick launch icon in data entry fields and Enable Secure Keyboard Input settings disabled, these settings are enabled after installation.

If the Private Browsing component is disabled, it cannot be configured from within the browser (via the Kaspersky Protection extension). The component can be configured from the main application window.

The On-Screen Keyboard icon in entry fields on websites can overlap other icons.

The counter of the Private Browsing component in the Kaspersky Protection extension displays no more than 999 requests per page.

When an unknown application attempts to access the webcam, Kaspersky Total Security may request permission to access the webcam two or more times.

The System Changes Control component does not work in the operating system if a dynamic drive is used as a system drive.

and you recommend me install which version 16.0.0.614 or 16.0.1.445?

Edited by Borawq

The download button will take you to 16.0.1.445. That is the latest version and the one I would recommend. Ultimately, the choice is up to you.

The download button will take you to 16.0.1.445. That is the latest version and the one I would recommend. Ultimately, the choice is up to you.

thanks, but i dont know why kaspersky dont release latest version 16.0.1.445 on main download page http://www.kaspersky.com/product-updates !

Hey

Any reason why Kaspersky has rolled back the version to v16.0.0.614abcd from v16.0.1.445, on the product update page?

http://www.kaspersky.com/au/downloads/internet-security

I can still download v16.0.1.445 while Kaspersky FPT server?

http://products.kaspersky-labs.com/english/homeuser/kis2016/

Just wondering why it was rolled back?

Edited by richbuff
No one knows. Merged. Closed, to prevent flood. :)

The forum sticky states that the latest version of KIS is 16.0.1.445 but I only see 16.0.0.614 on the download page. Is the latest version available in the US? If not are there important hot fixes in .445? Also where I can find step-by-step instructions on upgrading from KIS v15.0.1.415 to the latest. I have done several upgrades in past years but I always like to get the latest instructions in case there is any change to the upgrade process. Kaspersky usually has detailed instructions for upgrades which I do not see on the forum's sticky notes. I downloaded 16.0.0.614.

Thanks,

HB

Edited by richbuff
Merged. All available information is in this closed topic.