ignitor

Kaspersky Events

I actually have an open case (which has been open for a few months now) on this issue and thought I would take a quick poll to see if anyone else has experienced this issue. In a business environment we log whatever we can get away with and I was excited to see that in the new KES version under notifications you can tick boxes to have events save in the Windows Event Log. This is nice because we currently forward all events in Windows Logs to our logs management systems.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. I had it work on 2 PC's but it's not working on any of the other PC's in the test environment. After re-installing on 1 of the 2 it no longer works so i only have 1 PC where it's correctly saving logs.

What i'm trying to accomplish (this is in the Application log on the system).. Notice the source is actually "Kaspersky Endpoint Security" rather than AVP or KLNAGENT.

post-266446-1337095956_thumb.png

The only other solution i have at this point is to re-deploy all of our forwarding agents to forward the events in the Kaspersky Event log. Which with KLAgent noise i would prefer not to do. <_<

Revisiting this;

According to "HQ" the problem is fixed by making the following manual change.

Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\KasperskyLab\protected\KES8\settings\SystemEventLog to 1

Support already closed the case but i want to make sure this gets fixed in the product.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.