Help - Search - Members
Full Version: Build [600] - NCT
Kaspersky Lab Forum > Beta Testing > KIS\KAV\KTS\KSOS 2015 MR2
Pages: 1, 2
Defenestration
QUOTE(Defenestration @ 26.01.2007 21:35)
Since upgrading to the latest KAV build 600 by installing over the top of the previous 595 build, the KAV tray icon does not appear for about 1-2 mins.

I noticed from Process Explorer that both avp.exe processes are running during this time, and the appearance of the icon seemed to coincide with the imapi.exe process starting/ending (I have the IMAPI service disabled, but Windows still seems to start it anyway and then terminate it).

Other than that, it seems to be working OK on first impressions.

Further to this, I thought I should add that when quitting and manually restarting KAV, the tray icon appears immediately.

So, it might well be related to the IMAPI service (and/or other services) starting (but then again... wink.gif ).
Errorcauser
QUOTE(Defenestration @ 26.01.2007 22:13)
Further to this, I thought I should add that when quitting and manually restarting KAV, the tray icon appears immediately.

So, it might well be related to the IMAPI service (and/or other services) starting (but then again... wink.gif ).

Im starting to have this problem as well now. Running Vista RTM. This was in the event viewer ...

Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 1/26/2007 10:57:26 PM
Event ID: 7022
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: XXXXXXXXX-PC
Description:
The Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 service hung on starting.
norwegian
You could try looking into seeing what permissions it has under

Pro-active defense(PDM)-AIC-Settings-Critical Applications

If there is nothing there add IMAPI service(it's .exe) to see if it helps.

Found in

system32
system32/dllcache
system32/drivers

You may also need to go through the process of turning each and all protection on/off to see if any one setting helps fix it.

Can you turn traces on before the event ? Is is repeatable easily ?
Errorcauser
QUOTE(norwegian @ 27.01.2007 00:37)
You could try looking into seeing what permissions it has under

Pro-active defense(PDM)-AIC-Settings-Critical Applications

If there is nothing there add IMAPI service(it's .exe) to see if it helps.

Found in

system32
system32/dllcache
system32/drivers

You may also need to go through the process of turning each and all protection on/off to see if any one setting helps fix it.

Can you turn traces on before the event ? Is is repeatable easily ?

Don't have proactive defense installed. No way to turn on trace as far as I know. It happens when I first start up. Unless there's away to add trace to the run key in the registry.
norwegian
I do not use vista, does it have a safe mode ?

Xp it is suggested to turn traces on the reboot from safe mode to user mode to gather info, not sure how Vista does it.
Errorcauser
QUOTE(norwegian @ 27.01.2007 01:36)
I do not use vista, does it have a safe mode ?

Xp it is suggested to turn traces on the reboot from safe mode to user mode to gather info, not sure how Vista does it.

Yes, Vista has safe mode. I've cleared events and restarted several times now, an this isn't happening now. No error's in the event viewer. KAV loading up in the system tray really quickly now. Will keep an eye on it, and see if it happens again.

Don't want to be a pest, just that I really like KAV and want it to work well.
norwegian
QUOTE(Errorcauser @ 27.01.2007 13:57)
Don't want to be a pest, just that I really like KAV and want it to work well.

We are all here for that purpose, and most here just help because they want to. Feel free to join in. Ask away, maybe somewhere down the road, you can be helpful to someone else.
Sergey Dobrovolsky
QUOTE(Benny0583 @ 26.01.2007 01:11)
On Vista RTM (did a clean install some hours before), this version of KIS takes about one minute to load after the desktop has appeared. Although, the boot time is increased about 5 seconds after KIS was installed...

I also noticed that when KIS is installed sometimes IE 7 freezes on Vista. I uninstalled KIS and the freezes are completely gone.

Could you make user mode dump of the freezed IE 7 process. You can do it from task manager on Vista. Please upload this dump to our FTP.
Thanks.
Julian
The option "Disable external service control" is disabled if you take settings over from previous versions.

Missing translation in german version:
Click to view attachment

Some leaktests aren't detected if IE isn't set as default browser.
For example "Ghost". Set Firefox as default browser and then try leaktesting with Ghost, it isn't stopped.
norwegian
I have uninstalled the sound drivers and started from scratch, not installing the control panel for SoundMax drivers after a clean. I also ran SFC /Scannow too. Then a reinstall, without any software running(KIS, BOClean,PrintScreen), and problems have gone away. Youtube has sound again, for the first time in ages. A flash player issue I had with Youtube has gone (telling me it wasnt the latest/ or wasnt installed).

The only other thing I have done is drop shadows off icons/windows and stopped the Fade, both in

ctrl panel/system/advanced/performance/settings.

This computer is running smooth. Now I have a few issues fixed, I can safely say it is close to a real good program.

All I need to figure is why msmsgs.exe is wanting permission when Windows messenger isnt even installed in the windows components.

Guess testing is over for this build though.
norwegian
Exit KIS window says I am protected ?
raisinjack
wks .600 will not download updates at all, moving on to .605
Ivan Krasnov
QUOTE(Benny0583 @ 26.01.2007 00:06)
Running KIS on Vista Ultimate RTM. In the german version, there is an entry in the update-window which isn't translated. I marked that on a screenshot.

This bug was fixed in build 6.0.1.614. Please try it. wink.gif
Benny0583
QUOTE(Ivan Krasnov @ 30.01.2007 10:25)
This bug was fixed in build 6.0.1.614. Please try it.  wink.gif

Yes, it's fixed - thank you smile.gif
XpSunny
This thread should be closed. The new build is out. smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.