• Announcements

• Rodion Nagornov

Недоступность форума // Forum maintenance   08/16/2017

В связи с техническими работами форум будет недоступен с 20.00 (МСК) 18.08.2017. Максимальное время недоступности - до 20.00 (МСК) 20.08.2017. *** Due to maintenance forum will be unavailable since 8pm (+3 GMT) 18-Aug-2017. The longest possible time of maintenance - till 8.pm (+3 GMT) 20-Aug-2017.
Zaim7890

Kaspersky® Internet Security 7.0 Free For 60 Days

Zaim7890   

hi i took up this 60day offer and entered my details etc, i recived a email containing the information but havent recived the activation code?

can anyone help.

Jem   
hi i took up this 60day offer and entered my details etc, i recived a email containing the information but havent recived the activation code?

can anyone help.

Is the activation code not in the e-mail? Check again.

Edited by Jem

Zaim7890   

nope its not there,

To download your free software, click on .....link...

then it says

Your activation code will be supplied to you in a separate email.

afaceri   

The last phrase in your post says everything: Your activation code will be supplied to you in a separate email. You have to wait because Kaspersky UK will check your details and then they will send the activation code. If you are not from UK or Ireland it is possible to NOT receive the code.

If you are not from UK or Ireland it is possible to NOT receive the code.

He is...............but you're right, probably a lot people taking the offer and there may be delay untill cleared.

lapin   
So thats mean only UK and Ireland can get the 60 days free trial?

I don't think so.

There is an option "Other" in the country selection.

Anndim   

I've had a lot of problems with Norton so last night I uninstalled it.

Then I installed the link for the 60 days free offer. I started a scan there and then and continued until after midnight (about 2 hours later). I then shut down but not before sending an email to Kas. to say that I had not received my code.

I continued again this morning and as at this moment, it has taken 8 hours 43 minutes (not including last night's 2 hours) to scan 99,000 files. It is STILL scanning. I have also sent another 2 emails asking for my code.

I'm wondering now if I'm doing the right thing in installing this software. It certainly should not take 11 hours to check what is a nearly new PC.

I don't know where to go from here, except to revert back to the freebies which I never had any trouble with. But then, I now have Vista which is why I was attracted to Kas. in the first place.

Any advice would be appreciated - thanks.

Ann

bradavon   

Does the KAV/KIS scan report say if it's stuck on a file? Is it still scanning different files? Is the My Computer Scan set to scan All Files or EXEs only? It would help to know what the My Computer Scan is set to scan. I wouldn't revert back to freebies (which are greatly inferior) and find out why it's taking so long.

That's not normal. I think 3-4 hours top for a "First Scan" is normal. I ran mine only last night from fresh and it took 3 hours 19 minutes but next time (due to it now having checked most files already) this will drop to 20-25 minutes. This is a Full Scan with All Files ticked.

The code could take a day or so. It took 3-4 days for mine to arrive. It's not as if you need it in any rush as such, you won't need it for 27-28 days of the 30 day trial.

Edited by bradavon

Anndim   

I don't really understand the question. As I type now, it is STILL scanning - that makes nearly 12 hours today and 2 from last night.

I've watched the files clock up. There's a rush of about 20 - 30 then it stops, then another rush.

Don't know where to find My Computer Scan. From memory, I must have clicked a start button somewhere. I didn't click on Scan as such. I click on Protection to see the status of the scan.

Incidentally, I need the code as I cannot update without it, therefore I'm already 24 hours out of date.

bradavon   
I don't really understand the question.

To be able to help we need to know what you're scanning and if it's all files. Go to:

* Open Kaspersky

* Click Settings

* You will see on the left Scan and then "My Computer Scan" - It is this that I presume you're running. It's designed to run a Full Computer scan but that doesn't mean it's definitely checking all files

* Click Customize

It may be an idea to start a new thread as this thread is more about the 60 day licence.

Incidentally, I need the code as I cannot update without it, therefore I'm already 24 hours out of date.

When you install Kaspersky Anti-Virus or Kaspersky Internet Security for the first time you're given a Free (Full) 30 day Licence. How many days do you have left on this? What happens when you try and Update? I presume you're getting an Error?

Anndim   

I turned on this morning and disabled the scan. I'm running v.7.0 so I couldn't follow your directions.

However, I went into Scan and clicked on (to include) C drive, My Docs etc. and it seems to be rushing away now.

I may start a new thread but just want to include a response I got from Kas. this morning:

I know that the offer for the 60 day license is limited to the UK this may be why you have not received one but it may also be that Anna is busy and is yet to look at the messages, I am sorry you have not had a reply and I will chase again for you.

As to the scan this is because in the default scan we are implementing a check for rootkits and also using an heuristics analyser and so this can slow the scan down as it goes very deep.

Subsequent scans will be much faster.

If you find the scan slow in version 7:-

Open Kaspersky click on Settings->Scan->My Computer click on Customise and under the General tab change it to scan new and changed files, and also to skip file if it takes longer than 30 seconds to scan,

You can also under the heuristics analyser tab uncheck the rookit and heuristics analyser checks. Apply and ok and now try the full scan - this FAQ has more info

http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279400

bradavon   
I turned on this morning and disabled the scan. I'm running v.7.0 so I couldn't follow your directions.

It's identical in v7 to older versions but my instructions were based on v7 :)

However, I went into Scan and clicked on (to include) C drive, My Docs etc. and it seems to be rushing away now.

Below the Scan option you were in you will see a My Computer scan. This is just a template that's designed to scan everywhere. Where you went works just as well.

As to the scan this is because in the default scan we are implementing a check for rootkits and also using an heuristics analyser and so this can slow the scan down as it goes very deep.

Personally I've never noticed any difference ticking that or not but I do have 2Gb of RAM. That could be why.

and also to skip file if it takes longer than 30 seconds to scan

If you are going to use this personally I'd up it to 60 seconds. I always presumed that meant the entire scan not individual files, it's badly worded.

Edited by bradavon

Anndim   

Thanks for your help.

I in fact, had a hell of a problem uninstalling KIS. I eventually found help on this forum and followed instructions but it took a couple of hours. I've now got AVG free in the meantime, until I find something that works with Vista - not Norton!!

This whole episode has taken 2 days of faffing around - I've better things to do!!

But thanks for your help anyway.

Ann

Zaim7890   
Thanks for your help.

I in fact, had a hell of a problem uninstalling KIS. I eventually found help on this forum and followed instructions but it took a couple of hours. I've now got AVG free in the meantime, until I find something that works with Vista - not Norton!!

This whole episode has taken 2 days of faffing around - I've better things to do!!

But thanks for your help anyway.

Ann

hi, i would recommend using Zonealarm or Bitdefender, KIS is gr8 too

bradavon   

KIS and KAV software are fully Vista compatible, just so you know. It won't have been because they're not Vista compatible that was causing your problems.

ZoneAlarm IMO is just awful. I'd personally stay well clear. Many love it though.

Anndim   

Zaim,

I've also installed Zone Alarm.

Incidentally, I took my PC into Agen today as I've a great problem connecting to the internet. I bought a modem which was Vista compatible. They said it was the cause of my problems.

I asked their advice about security and they said that Windows Vista firewall WAS very good and that I may have problems with ZA.

Bradavon,

My problem with KIS was the fact that their 60-day free offer didn't extend to me in France!