mlm1102003

file scanned by extension .missing extension choose

hi

i want to choose file scan by extension

but i cannt choose extensions like exe dll ...

Capture.PNG

Edited by mlm1102003

From the Kaspersky HELP section:

In this case, Kaspersky Internet Security scans only files that can be infected by a virus. The file format is determined based on the extension of a file.

Files without extensions are always scanned, regardless of the file type selected in the File types section.

It appears you cannot choose which extensions you want to scan.

27 minutes ago, dh27564 said:

From the Kaspersky HELP section:

In this case, Kaspersky Internet Security scans only files that can be infected by a virus. The file format is determined based on the extension of a file.

Files without extensions are always scanned, regardless of the file type selected in the File types section.

It appears you cannot choose which extensions you want to scan.

yes

so how to choos which extensions to scan ?

As I mentioned earlier, It appears you cannot choose which extensions you want to scan.  When you select File Types > Files Scanned by Extension, Kaspersky Internet Security only scans files that can be infected by a virus.  a user cannot choose to scan only dll., jpg., exe. etc. files.

Perhaps someone else knows a way around this.

in version 2007 there was such an option, but not in versions 2017, 2018 and 2019... you just CAN'T choose which file extensions to be scanned...

Edited by Gjoksi

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.