Ballistic

Patch H. Screenshot protection disabled [merged]

13 hours ago, Phoenix44 said:

Interesting!! Thank you very much @cinweb! Did you continue to run Safe Money with the warning, disable it or how did you decide to handle it? (I'm curious...) 

Hello,

easy fix for me that I didn't try before unfortunately!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled KIS 18.0.0.405 and safe money is working back again. I didn't change BIOS settings, or any other settings.

So, screenshot protecion is a new feature in patch H update? If not, why now we must enable virtualization, which can make an unstable work on some motherboards?

3 hours ago, cinweb said:

I understand your point,  but in my opinion an internet security and antivirus software should be able to run without any major additional change in settings especially if it's concerning access to the BIOS, that many users do not even know how to open, or if it is concerning enabling settings that users are not aware of what we are talking about. So I am sticking to my point and if KIS becomes a difficult matter I will get another security protection.

@harlan4096 I completely agree with @cinweb here. I should not have to enable Virtualization in BIOS to make KIS run properly. I didn't have to before (and Safe Money was working just fine, so why should I have to now? I guess as a moderator (or from an admin) I was hoping for an actual explanation as to why we are to open up those settings to KIS.... not "just do it" with no reasoning why. From what I was learning about Virtualization it allows KIS into my system in a way that makes me feel uncomfortable (allowing them to run basically as a separate entity in my own computer). I'm not trying to be obstinate or mean, I'm just asking a genuine question and I have genuine concerns about my system as someone who has been hacked and has had my identity and life stolen from me prior to this :( 

Thank you for your help!

4 hours ago, cinweb said:

Hi ,

I have updated Windows to version 1803 build 17134.1. After that safe money stopped working. Yes I have rebooted yes KIS has protection against screenshots enabled. My personal action is to wait for a fix from Kaspersky meanwhile I am not using safe money. I decided to do so because before the upgrade safe money was working well and the Windows 10 spring creators upgrade doesn't modify your BIOS settings.

@cinweb I actually had the warning before the update (which is odd). Checked the steps KIS provided and did all but step 3 (out of worry -didn't want to change my BIOS settings and decided to do some research on Virtualization). Then about 3 days later , the update arrived and I performed it. I didn't use Safe Money at all, and actually decided to disable it until all of this got resolved. And same here- Safe Money was working fine for me until one day that warning about screenshots came up. This whole time my Virtualization settings have been disabled and it's been working fine (even before the patch)... Thank you for letting me know what's been happening for you! It helps :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, cinweb said:

Hello,

easy fix for me that I didn't try before unfortunately!!! I uninstalled and reinstalled KIS 18.0.0.405 and safe money is working back again. I didn't change BIOS settings, or any other settings.

@cinweb Ahhhh!! :D I just might give this a go!! Thank you!

I think have already explained it, also KL Support link was already provided, You may search the meaning of hypervisor in Google, anyway I don't have all the specific technical aspects of the KL own Hypervisor technology protection as You may guess, in any case if a KL developer wants to come this thread and give a more complete explanation, is welcome...

OK, FYI, My 11.44Mb update from yesterday 8 May seems to have included the fix. My safe money is working fine after boot this morning, of which I was thinking it would. Thank you Eugene and your team and all of the great members here for the quick repair and support. Kaspersky Rules!

So, uninstalling and reinstalling KIS worked great! Fixed the problem and I didn't have to enable Virtualization. Thank you for the suggestion @cinweb  :) And for the record, I've been very satisfied with Kaspersky! Thank you everyone for your suggestions and assistance! :rolleyes:

Edited by Phoenix44

Problem already fixed. Update base and restart PC.

# closed