m.delpont

SQLServer to MySQL migration

Hi,

I have KSC installed on a server with SQLServer database, and I must move it to a new server with MySQL as a database.

Can I just export data from the old server with klbackup and then import in the new KSC, or is there something I must do to change data format from SQLServer to MySQL ?

Thanks,

Marc

I just tried this now (incredible coincidence), and it does not work.

'incompatible database version' is the error from klbackup.

I wonder I could do this conversion manually...?

OK, so what's the way to go if one wants to use a mysql database.

Re-installing KSC from scratch is not a problem for me, I just want to move it to another server (and not use sql server anymore).

Also, is there a way to backup and restore only policies ?

Since you are moving to new server it is reasonable to run "Change Admin server task" at old server to move hosts to new one.

You can export policies to files and import them to new server.

Thank you!

il y a 6 minutes, m.delpont a dit :

Hi Nikolay,

how do you export/import policies to files in KSC ?

Thanks

You can simply right click on the policy and select "export". In KSC 10.1.249, the option is right there.

il y a une heure, thewild a dit :

You can simply right click on the policy and select "export". In KSC 10.1.249, the option is right there.

Ok, I can see the export option, but there is no import option to restore the exported files ! How can I do that ?

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.