Starting recently I had not been able to successfully do a Google web search under Firefox. Clicking on any search result would result in a 404 error. After hours of digging I tied it to Kaspersky's Private Browsing. In particular, "Block data collection by ad agencies". I don't think I had changed by Kaspersky settings, so I assume Google is now using something KIS 2015 identifies as an ad agency.

I've created an exception for Google (www.google.com), but as far as I'm concerned, that is too broad of an exception. Is there some way narrow the exception> I know this is a very vague questions, but I do know enough about how Private Browsing works to ask a better question.

I have the same today on mine Firefox 42.0 on normal mode. Error 404 on all google sites. When I switch of "Incognito" everything works fine.

In Chrome problem does not exists.

Yesterday all was working fine so it must be due to some automatic update on KIS 16 database. Please help

I have the same today on mine Firefox 42.0 on normal mode. Error 404 on all google sites. When I switch of "Incognito" everything works fine.

In Chrome problem does not exists.

Yesterday all was working fine so it must be due to some automatic update on KIS 16 database. Please help

Problem exists for me in Firefox 42, IE11, and Chrome. Can't access any Google sites, such as Google Play.

With protection paused, still no access.

I've been messing around all day to figure out what could block all of my google search and return only 404 pages when I click on any google search results, reinstalled all my browsers (Chrome and Firefox, when I reinstall them, I delete all traces they could leave on my PC, I have more than 20 yrs of computer tech and I know they can leave data and registry keys, I delete all of them) then I was sure it was a spyware of some kind that infected my PC even if I have Kasperksy and I trust it, I scanned my PC for malwares with a bunch of tools (malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, adwcleaner, superantispyware) then I just said, lets just try disabling all of my Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 before I format that PC and do a clean install, and guess what, when Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 is disabled, google search works #1 Note here that the only site that seems to be a problem is google search, I used bing.com, mamma.com and duckduckgo.com without any problems. Please tell me what I need to disable to get google search working, I can't go without it please...

Edit : Found it, when I turn off the Kaspersky Protection module in firefox, google chrome and Internet Explorer, google search works normally, now hope this will be fixed and if there's a way to be notified when it will be fixed so I can enable the protection on my browsers back...

Edited by mcdodge34

I've been messing around all day to figure out what could block all of my google search and return only 404 pages when I click on any google search results, reinstalled all my browsers (Chrome and Firefox, when I reinstall them, I delete all traces they could leave on my PC, I have more than 20 yrs of computer tech and I know they can leave data and registry keys, I delete all of them) then I was sure it was a spyware of some kind that infected my PC even if I have Kasperksy and I trust it, I scanned my PC for malwares with a bunch of tools (malwarebytes, spybot search and destroy, adwcleaner, superantispyware) then I just said, lets just try disabling all of my Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 before I format that PC and do a clean install, and guess what, when Kaspersky Internet Security 2015 is disabled, google search works #1 Note here that the only site that seems to be a problem is google search, I used bing.com, mamma.com and duckduckgo.com without any problems. Please tell me what I need to disable to get google search working, I can't go without it please...

Edit : Found it, when I turn off the Kaspersky Protection module in firefox, google chrome and Internet Explorer, google search works normally, now hope this will be fixed and if there's a way to be notified when it will be fixed so I can enable the protection on my browsers back...

Hi, mcdodge. Fwiw, I can't access any Google sites today such as Google Play, regardless of whether Kaspersky protection is enabled, or not.

I think the problem may lay with Google, rather than Kaspersky.

Ok, this is a little frustrating..

Me too appear to have same replicated issue as OP.. Chrome (and Firefox too) returning errors 404 consistently with private browsing on and with it off i can see the WORLD (nothing error'd) which is quite concerning to me.. Must say, having incredible issues configuring KS since installing it a few months ago, just troublesome with oddball issues from time to time..

It doesnt appear to be a CHROME issue nor GOOGLE as the laptop is no problems connected to the same network, the desktop has issues ONLY WHEN PRIVATE BROWSING IS SWITCHED ON or BLOCKING ENABLED.. all a ok other times.. Which is not not not ideal.. i would like to use this blocking/private browser feature..

I also note that the icon in tray for kaspersky is coming up with all sorts of ! warnings over the icon as well. had to turn on and off cpu several times although ultimately not fixing the main prob of private browsing.. Hope updates occur ASAP a quite irritating! maybe you got that idea already though.. LOL

Cheers

**update.. only occurring on FIREFOX NOW!

Edited by mwbs

Hi, mcdodge. Fwiw, I can't access any Google sites today such as Google Play, regardless of whether Kaspersky protection is enabled, or not.

I think the problem may lay with Google, rather than Kaspersky.

Edit---Friend with Norton Internet Security not experiencing this issue, so the problem may well be with Kaspersky <_<

Edit---Friend with Norton Internet Security not experiencing this issue, so the problem may well be with Kaspersky <_<

Fender, curious which browser mate... I have played extensively with (leave it out! LOL) firefox and is the problem with conflict between it and kaspesky by the sounds.. something gone hazy.. Playing on chrome is all good,,, no wonder i like chrome..

Curious which browser you have prob with?

Fender, curious which browser mate... I have played extensively with (leave it out! LOL) firefox and is the problem with conflict between it and kaspesky by the sounds.. something gone hazy.. Playing on chrome is all good,,, no wonder i like chrome..

Curious which browser you have prob with?

Hi,mwbs. All browsers today. Firefox 42, IE 11 and Chrome. Seems some Kaspersky update has caused a conflict, somewhere.

Doing some more tests here, its now 100% sure its related to Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, my laptop and my 3 servers use Bitdefender and none have any problems with accessing google or doing google search...

Hi,mwbs. All browsers today. Firefox 42, IE 11 and Chrome. Seems some Kaspersky update has caused a conflict, somewhere.

Oh POOP, ok i am gonna watch some movies instead :) or use Chrome as still working a ok.. I noticed that firefox just ran a small update, but to no avail :( - Firefox/google must be having licensing issues with kaspersky and been blakballed.. LOL

Oh POOP, ok i am gonna watch some movies instead :) or use Chrome as still working a ok.. I noticed that firefox just ran a small update, but to no avail :( - Firefox/google must be having licensing issues with kaspersky and been blakballed.. LOL

Possibly. Friend with Norton is having problems with Firefox as Mozilla has changed the rules regarding add-ons, and the Norton Toolbar has only partial operation at the moment.

Doing some more tests here, its now 100% sure its related to Kaspersky Internet Security 2015, my laptop and my 3 servers use Bitdefender and none have any problems with accessing google or doing google search...

Happening with KIS 2016, too. :dash2:

Happening with KIS 2016, too. :dash2:

Oops, apologies mine is KIS 2016 as well :dash1:

Oops, apologies mine is KIS 2016 as well :dash1:

mcdodge has KIS2015 according to his post, so it seems a universal KIS problem ?

Edited by Fenderman1

I just found a work around.

I have an icon in the upper right corner of firefox that is a green hexagon.

perform a google search and left click on the icon and select do not block this website.

Alternately open kaspersky console:

Select "Settings"

Select" Protection"

Select "Private browsing"

Under "Block detected requests" select "Categories and exclusions"

Select "Exclusions"

add WWW.google.com

I hope this helps :dash1:

I just found a work around.

I have an icon in the upper right corner of firefox that is a green hexagon.

perform a google search and left click on the icon and select do not block this website.

Alternately open kaspersky console:

Select "Settings"

Select" Protection"

Select "Private browsing"

Under "Block detected requests" select "Categories and exclusions"

Select "Exclusions"

add WWW.google.com

I hope this helps :dash1:

Also, this issue has been reported, and the fix is being worked on_

Hello everyone,

Problem should be fixed with latest database update. Please update KIS\KAV\KTS and restart browser.

Hello Just letting everyone know that as of yesterday an issue has started with the kaspersky extention which is added to google chrome. When you search things on google and open something up in a new tab the extension is blocking part of the url translation which leads to a 404 google error directly clicking on links to open them works fine. This problem is confirmed to not be a problem on just my computer here is the link to the official google help forums with a couple others who have confirmed the exact same problem and they also confirm it started yesterday. Google Chrome help forums ,,,, If you turn off blocking in the extension everything starts working fine again so i will turn off blocking till the issue is resolved.