Helix1250

Pure making my system freeze

8 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have recently purchased Pure, and to be honest it's been the worst program I have ever had!

What happens is I install the software and do all the updates, it's a fresh machine so no prior Antivirus software has been used in it. Day one, install day it appears to be fine, day two the Internet won't even load a web page and returns a not responding error.. Then my whole system come to a grinding halt! And the only option is to turn it off and restart, when it restarts it does it again and again. The only way to get my system to work is to remove Pure!

Currently it's not installed.

It seems others are having issues, is there a fix for this? If not where do I send this software for my money back?

Helix

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Thanks for your reply, here is the link to the report that was run, in the mean time I have added a free AV software to my system to keep my system portected.

System report link

Many thanks

Welcome. Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the fifth (5th) Important topic.

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

@Helix1250 you install Trend Micro Titanium with Kaspersky. It can make problem with system

@Helix1250 you install Trend Micro Titanium with Kaspersky. It can make problem with system

No I installed it after Pure went all strange, I don't fancy leaving my PC without any protection. IF Pure will work, trend micro will be removed.

Please go ahead and uninstall Trend Micro > reboot, then run the GSI utility again to see if Trend Micro is completely removed. If there are no Trend leftovers, please re-install PURE update databases > reboot and then run GSI again and post the new log, if there are any issues.

If re-install PURE shows the same issue, please also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please go ahead and uninstall Trend Micro > reboot, then run the GSI utility again to see if Trend Micro is completely removed. If there are no Trend leftovers, please re-install PURE update databases > reboot and then run GSI again and post the new log, if there are any issues.

If re-install PURE shows the same issue, please also contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Okay uninstalled the software, and used the recommended tool that is listed in the remove other software section, I ran another GSI all gon apart from a few redundent Registry logs.. Which I have no Idea how to remove safely... I restarted and then re-installed Pure.. And it froze my system after the update and restart.. NO surpise there I guess...

here is the log link! Sorry startign to get dispondent with this...

Log link to Pure install AFTER the clean out and special tool removal program.

You installed the old PURE. :(

Please clean install the new PURE 2.0. :)

Uninstall PURE R2 > reboot > download PURE 2.0 > install PURE 2.0 > update databases > reboot.

Download links for PURE 2.0 are located in the Important topics.