thehawkMT

Firefox "A script on the page may be busy" error on kpmOverlay.js

Good evening.

I installed Kaspersky Password Manager last week and starting today I am getting a Firefox script is too long error when using Facebook.

The error is:

A script on the page may be busy, or it may have stopped responding. You can stop the script now, or you continue to see if the script will complete

Script: chrome://kpmautofill/content/kpmOverlay.js:1075

I believe kpm means Kaspersky Password Manager?

The system is Windows 7/64 bit with KIS 2011 installed and latest KPM, still on trial.

Thank you.

Hello,

Yes, KPM means Kaspersky Password Manager.

Can you be so kind to reinstall the plug-in into the browser. You can do it directly in browser or through the settings of product (Settings -> Supported browsers)?

Can you also mention Firefox version?

Thanks

Petr

Thank you for the reply.

I am using the very latest version of Firefox. What I did was to uninstall the plugin from KPM's settings screen, tried the page and no error was returned, I re-enabled the plugin and the error was back.

Kindly instruct how to proceed,

Thank you.

Edited by thehawkMT

Razor444   

The problem with this error is that it appears when page has many (form) fields, e.g. 500 or so.....KPM probably just runs out of juice and crashes....

Admins> what can you say about it? Did you try KPM on pages with hundreds or thousands form fields (e.g. generated from the db, etc) ?

Exactly.

I e-mailed support, their reply below:

There were other customers reporting similar behavior in some cases. Unfortunately, right now we were not able to reproduce the issue. We're currently working on a new build for the KPM, we hope that our developers could identify and address the problem in the new build.

I don't think it's that hard to reproduce it to be honest but hopefully it will be fixed in the new version.