There are loads of different defrag programs out there which corrupt the KIS, KAV and presumably PURE database/licence files if left off trusted apps and exlusions lists. The standard advice which suits a lot of people is to exclude the supplied microsoft defrag executables in Vista and XP. However, programs such as MyDefrag, Auslogics and Diskeeper etc. also need addressing. so what about a sticky with a list of files that need adding to exclusions etc.? if a program is missing people could pm the mod who created and locked the topic with necessary details of the program and its executables to have them added on.

to start the ball rolling here are the ones I know of. I can add more later when at those machines which use newer versions of O&O Defrag:

Windows XP Defrag

C:\windows\system32\defrag.exe

C:\windows\system32\dfrgntfs.exe

C:\windows\system32\dfrgfat.exe

MyDefrag v4.3.1 on windows XP, Vista or 7

C:\Program Files\MyDefrag v4.3.1\MyDefrag.exe

C:\Program Files\MyDefrag v4.3.1\MyFragmenter.exe

O&O Defrag 10 Pro

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag Professional\oodcmd.exe

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag Professional\oodcnt.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe (if using 64-bit windows change the file path to C:\windows\sysnative\)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodbs.exe (if using 64-bit windows change the file path to C:\windows\sysnative\)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodtray.exe (if using 64-bit windows change the file path to C:\windows\sysnative\)

O&O Defrag 11

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag Professional\oodcmd.exe

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag Professional\oodcnt.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodag.exe (if using 64-bit windows change the file path to C:\windows\sysnative\)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodbs.exe (if using 64-bit windows change the file path to C:\windows\sysnative\)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodtray.exe (if using 64-bit windows change the file path to C:\windows\sysnative\)

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodsvct.exe (if using 64-bit windows change the file path to C:\windows\sysnative\)

O&O Defrag 12

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag\oodcmd.exe

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag\oodcnt.exe

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag\oodag.exe

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag\oodtray.exe

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag\oodsvct.exe

C:\windows\system32\oodbs.exe (if using 64-bit windows change the file path to C:\windows\sysnative\)

I think windows 7 defrag doesn't need any work. It seems to play nicely with KAV/KIS on just the default service host rule already in trusted applications. I for one have not had anyone contact me about corrupt files when using the built in defrag on that OS. Personally I have disabled it though at service level on my own machine since I use third-party software instead.

Vista x86 Defrag

C:\Windows\System32\Defrag.exe

C:\Windows\System32\dfrgfat.exe

C:\Windows\System32\dfrgifc.exe

C:\Windows\System32\dfrgNtfs.exe

C:\Windows\System32\dfrgui.exe

Vista x64 Defrag

C:\Windows\sysnative\Defrag.exe

C:\Windows\sysnative\dfrgfat.exe

C:\Windows\sysnative\dfrgifc.exe

C:\Windows\sysnative\dfrgNtfs.exe

C:\Windows\sysnative\dfrgui.exe

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dfrgfat.exe

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dfrgifc.exe

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dfrgNtfs.exe

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\dfrgui.exe

Edited by antikythera

Raxco PerfectDisk

C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDAgentS1.exe

C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDAgent.exe

C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDEngine.exe

Raxco PerfectDisk

C:\Program Files\Raxco\PerfectDisk\PDEngine.exe

Raxco PerfectDisk V12

C:\Program Files\Common Files\Raxco\Shared\PDEngine.exe (change path)

Edited by Prius

This is an interesting Title Topic ....

For the Diskeeper users : What about adding all the Kaspersky folders in :

DK > Properties > File Exclusions > Exclusion list ?

Edited by Berny

This is an interesting Title Topic ....

For the Diskeeper users : What about adding all the Kaspersky folders in :

DK > Properties > File Exclusions > Exclusion list ?

it would certainly prevent corruption that way too Berny.

However, adding the defrag executables in KAV/KIS rather than excluding the folders in the defrag program actually allows for safe defragging of the Kaspersky program, database and report files.

One additional step required on some systems is to restart the computer after adding the defrag files to the trusted zone and applying the changes. So better be safe than sorry and do it as a matter of course.

I of course 100% agree with you Antikythera,

but i posted this comment for DK users who would in the meantime be visiting this thread.

The defrag issue has frequently been the reason for anoying problems

and let us hope that these suggestions will clear this out.

Edited by Berny

Using KIS 2012 and Auslogics defrag I can't defrag a number of KIS database files. Does anyone know what files need to be excluded to get the defrag working besides the program file itself ( C:\Program Files (x86)\Auslogics\Auslogics Disk Defrag\DiskDefrag.exe ).

Thanks

(ps: for some reason this wasn't a problem with KIS 2011)

O&O Defrag 11

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag\oodcmd.exe

C:\Program Files\OO Software\Defrag\oodcnt.exe

C:\WINDOWS\system32\oodsvct.exe (if using 64-bit windows change the file path to C:\windows\sysnative\)

*CORRECTION - Application path error in original post so please use the above if copying and pasting*

The thread is pretty much orphaned now imho. I don't check on it or update it unless I start using a new Defrag program or come across a machine with one not already listed. If you get stuck, please make a post in the main support section for KAV/KIS and not here. Your post will be much more likely to be seen and dealt with in there. Thanks for your interest!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.