p_f22@yahoo.com

Cannot run a "Full Scan."

8 posts in this topic

I'm unable to run a "Full Scan," either scheduled or manually, I get an error message saying "Incorrect user name or password."

I'm able to run a "Quick Scan" manually.

I'm able to run a "Scan" manually, in fact I have one running now!

Needless to say I would like to run my scheduled "Full Scans!"

I'm using KIS 2009, all definitions/databases are up-to-date.

I'm using Win XP Home, SP3, all security updates/patches are up-to-date.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?!

Thanks

Paul

open kaspesrky > settings > full scan settings > run mode tab > clear information in area > run this task as > apply and OK

open kaspesrky > settings > full scan settings > run mode tab > clear information in area > run this task as > apply and OK

Thanks XtaC, but I'm not getting what you're saying regarding "Clear information in area" on the Run Mode Tab; clear what information?

I WANT to run the Full Scan on a schedule and NOT manually, the information in the area are my scheduled settings, but the "Password" field is blank, should I enter a password?

Thanks again

Paul

Open the full scan settings and under the runmode tab you uncheck "Run task as"..................thats what he's saying.

Okay XtaC, I got it; I unchecked the "Run Task As" box and now it's working again! :ay: It's early here in SoCal and I'm not a morning person!!! :b_lol1:

Open the full scan settings and under the runmode tab you uncheck "Run task as"..................thats what he's saying.

I'm having this same problem after upgrading to 8.0.0.506 CF2 via a clean install, except I'm seeing it both with running a scan and an update (it was working fine beforehand). Thing is, I *want* to have these tasks run with certain credentials, and have been doing so for years with previous versions of Kaspersky. So, I'd prefer to not uncheck "Run task as...". Is this a new bug with this version of KIS, or is there some new setting that's making it not work (I imported settings from the previous version of KIS 2009 I had installed, 8.0.0.454, so I literally made no setting changes)?

Thanks -

I'm having this same problem after upgrading to 8.0.0.506 CF2 via a clean install, except I'm seeing it both with running a scan and an update (it was working fine beforehand). Thing is, I *want* to have these tasks run with certain credentials, and have been doing so for years with previous versions of Kaspersky. So, I'd prefer to not uncheck "Run task as...". Is this a new bug with this version of KIS, or is there some new setting that's making it not work (I imported settings from the previous version of KIS 2009 I had installed, 8.0.0.454, so I literally made no setting changes)?

Thanks -

I asked this question a few months back since I also wanted to run scans with admin privileges. I was told it was a bug with this current version of Kaspersky. I would be pretty shocked if they fixed this bug. I think we will probably have to wait until the next version of KIS to be able to run as admin.

Edited by Deluxe8520

I'm unable to run a "Full Scan," either scheduled or manually, I get an error message saying "Incorrect user name or password."

I'm able to run a "Quick Scan" manually.

I'm able to run a "Scan" manually, in fact I have one running now!

Needless to say I would like to run my scheduled "Full Scans!"

I'm using KIS 2009, all definitions/databases are up-to-date.

I'm using Win XP Home, SP3, all security updates/patches are up-to-date.

Does anyone have any idea what's going on here?!

Thanks

Paul

Wow! I am having the same problem since yesterday. I am using the Beta "cheat" for my KAV 2009 8.0.0.506. So I wondered that the "cheat" isn't working anymore. But to my surprise when i googled "kaspersky full scan incorrect username" the error, the first result is your post. Cool. I'm indebted to all the posters and solvers. Thanks ! :cb_punk: