Stevedo

Kaspersky KTS16 and MBAM Scanner Conflict

I am running MBAM 2.2.1.1043 on my windows 7 Desktop along with Kaspersky KTS as my anti-virus. A few months back, I upgraded KTS from Pure 3.0 to the current version KTS16 and my computer started freezing overnight on a regular basis, causing me to do cold reboot in the morning. I rolled back to Pure 3.0 and problem went away. I figured, I would upgrade both in the future and the problem would be resolved someday. I tried to upgrade to KTS again last week to a slightly newer release and same problem. I read about someone else having a problem with the MBAM scanner and KTS, so I turned off my scheduled scan (which ran overnight, which should have been a clue) and since then, no crashes. I am still running MBAM real-time protection, so that is not an issue. Incidentally, I have run KTS16 on my laptop for awhile and it has never had a problem, but on that machine I am still on MBAM 1.75. The problem is the scanner for MBAM 2.2.1.1043 with KTS16.

I guess either company can say the other company has the issue, so I posted this on both forums to see if there is a workaround. I think I am better off with the new KTS16 and turning off the scanner as opposed to rolling back to Pure again and using the scanner. Any thoughts?

:rolleyes: How's going Stevie D

Quite strange Scanner conflict isn't it. Apparently you find the solution already

by disable the KTS-Schedule scan and then run the MBAM-scan

Another fix would be to rollback to the previous version 2.2.0 and when the New

MBAM-ver. 2.2.2 comes up install it and Scan with the KTS schedule On

The tough task to rollback is download 2.2.0 ver. Is hidden by MBAM and only Softonic

File Hippo & other untrusted Sites offering it. Report latest results for the records

I may have found a better solution by ensuring I had all these exclusions in KTS:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamdor.exe

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbampt.exe

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamresearch.exe

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

• C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware \mbamscheduler.exe

So far so good....thanks!