jon-kforum

CVE-2014-1776 [In progress]

Any news coming from Kaspersky on "Detecting Microsoft Internet Explorer Remote Code Execution" (CVE-2014-1776)

I see that another AV provider is reporting that its customers are protected , and my management is wondering when we may see our kaspersky engine protect us

Symantec protects customers against this attack with the following detections:

Bloodhound.Exploit.552

Web Attack: MSIE Use After Free CVE-2014-1776

(we use kaspersky in our bluecoatAV )

many thanks, for any information,

Jon

Any news coming from Kaspersky on "Detecting Microsoft Internet Explorer Remote Code Execution" (CVE-2014-1776)

I see that another AV provider is reporting that its customers are protected , and my management is wondering when we may see our kaspersky engine protect us

Bloodhound.Exploit.552

Jon

This was posted this morning: http://threatpost.com/new-internet-explore...-attacks/105720. So I can only assume it is in the works if not already fixed.

Bloodhound.Exploit.552

Jon

I too read that other antivirus protect against it now. I really would like to know if Kaspersky does for sure. I have management asking me as well. We still use a lot of XP machines so we will not get a fix. We are upgrading, but very slowly. We use Kaspersky Endpoint 10 business advanced

Edited by drpepemd

Has Kaspersky already have a fix in the product Enpoint Security for the problems with Internet Explorer, also called Operation Clandestine Fox: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/art...loiting-it.html

Hello!

We can not bear responsibility for vulnerabilities in third-party software; however, malicious code launched through this vulnerability should be detected and blocked by our software.

Thank you!

Any updated info on this?

Hi,

I would like to advice that Kaspersky products detect this already by two signatures:

Static one - Exploit.SWF.Agent.ig - added at 1.5.2014 08:00;

Heuristic one - HEUR:Exploit.SWF.CVE-2014-1776.gen

Thank You!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.