BobbyT

Databases have not been updated for a long time

I am having an issue today with the updates, my KAV 2012 is not updating, the last time it updated was 02/04/2013 5:31 pm. When I manually update the signatures stay the same.

Application version: 12.0.0.374 database released 02/04/2013 5:31 pm.

The screen is telling me that my database has not been updated for a long time. But the icon is still green. Is it still safe to go on the internet when this happens?

Manual download says at 0 KB when downloading.

I have rebooted twice not, and updated again, but nothing.

Is Kaspersky having an issue. I noticed a couple days ago my patch went from (k) to (l).

My time and date are correct.

Thank you.

Same problem.

In fact, Kaspersky Av & the firewall just shut down again as I was reading this message on the forum. It also says the license is gone.

Edited by bugeyedM

Yeah - I'm having the same problem too. Says it updated - but has 'data bases have not been updated for a long time.' I've tried manually countless number of times. Kaspersky has also turned off a couple of time.

Last update was 5/1/13

signatures: 12595180

I've restored settings and rolled back to previous data base - but no success.

Any feedback from administrators?

I, too, am having the problem.

When I looked through the update log in the Detail Reports, I found an entry for the 8.9 megabyte update that said,

"Update files are corrupted http://dnl-03.geo.kaspersky.com/bases/wmuf/wmuf0045.dat 2/5/2013 4:30:07 PM"

"Error updating component WMUF 2/5/2013 4:30:07 PM"

After that, the log shows a considerable number of files that have been updated.

This was an automatic update and executed shortely after I booted my computer this afternoon.

I have run update manually several times, but to no avail. The updates seem to process correctly with a very small amount of data downloaded, but the problem remains.

"Update: completed 19 minutes ago, update size: 849 bytes, average speed: 10 KB/sec (9)

Update: completed 26 minutes ago, update size: 849 bytes, average speed: 8 KB/sec (9)

Update: completed 27 minutes ago, update size: 2.9 KB, average speed: 16 KB/sec (11)

Update: completed 28 minutes ago, update size: 849 bytes, average speed: 5 KB/sec (8)

Update: completed 28 minutes ago, update size: 849 bytes, average speed: 10 KB/sec (8)

Update: stopped 29 minutes ago (6)

Update: completed 29 minutes ago, update size: 2.2 KB, average speed: 11 KB/sec (13)

Update: completed 58 minutes ago, update size: 8.8 KB, average speed: 13 KB/sec (32)

Update: completed 1 hour ago, update size: 74.0 KB, average speed: 15 KB/sec (204)"

I am running KAV 12.0.0.374(I) [i think it is (I), it could be a lower case "L"] under Windows 7 x64 SP1 with the latest security patches.

Now what do I do?

Hi everyone,

Please take a look at your update reports.

Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update.

Please examine the most current entries. Any errors, in addition to what bgelfand reported?

Edited by richbuff

Hi everyone,

Please take a look at your update reports.

Upper right of Kaspersky window, Reports > lower right > Detailed report, lower left > Update.

Please examine the most current entries. Any errors, in addition to what bgelfand reported?

No errors.

only a malfunction on the 5/1/13 -'task failed' - 'error connecting to update source'.

according to that update log - all my manual updates from today have 'completed' - although it still reads 'data base has not been updated in a long time.'

Edited by spuddy108

Signed up just to 'help' by saying that I'm having a similar issue with updating not working.

The 'needs an update' message popped up about 20-25 minutes ago, and despite manual updates and restarting the machine, it seems to persist. Using KIS2012 on Windows 8 64-bit.

When I run the manual update, it connects to server, processes files, download files, and then goes to the same "Databases are out of date" message immediately after.

The system tray icon reads:

Kaspersky Internet Security 12.0.0.374

Databases release date: 04/02/2013 22:31:00

I checked the update reports, but they all seem to say they completed; no errors as far as I can see, unless I'm looking in the wrong place.

richbuff....

That's what is most puzzling to me is that the detailed update report is absolutely normal. It shows the usual selected, downloaded, updated and task completed. It's everything else that's gone bonkers.

I'm having the same problem. I tried rolling back to the previous updates and it shut my protection off... then it came back on? I keep trying to update manually, it says update completed and then says it's out of date again. Also earlier it told me that protection was disabled because of a license problem, but I turned it back on with Windows action center and it was fine? My detailed action report also shows no errors. Oh well. I'm glad it's just not me, I panicked for a second!

I just ran a manual update (because I apparently don't know any better than to keep trying things over and over again even if they don't work the first eight times) and the problem seems to be resolved now.

The update completed (took a bit more time than the 'completed-but-not-really' updates), the error message went away, and Windows Action Center stopped waving its annoying red sign at me.

Databases release date: 06/02/2013 02:47:00

I don't know why it seems to have worked for me now, but as far as I can see, everything seems okay on my end at this point. Hopefully I'm not the only one who's no longer having this problem.

I just ran a manual update (because I apparently don't know any better than to keep trying things over and over again even if they don't work the first eight times) and the problem seems to be resolved now.

The update completed (took a bit more time than the 'completed-but-not-really' updates), the error message went away, and Windows Action Center stopped waving its annoying red sign at me.

Databases release date: 06/02/2013 02:47:00

I don't know why it seems to have worked for me now, but as far as I can see, everything seems okay on my end at this point. Hopefully I'm not the only one who's no longer having this problem.

I tried again after reading this and it worked. Still no idea what went wrong.

Same here just updated manually and all is fine for now :)

One of our major data centers had some hardware issues, and this caused the delay in update releases.

If you are still having a problem, please update. The warning "Databases have not been updated for a long time" should go away after the update completes.

One of our major data centers had some hardware issues, and this caused the delay in update releases.

If you are still having a problem, please update. The warning "Databases have not been updated for a long time" should go away after the update completes.

Thanks, Scott.

This is closed, as resolved.