clemens.plachetka

Missing features in comparison to StickyNotes [ 256 bit AES key ]

Hi out there, I read that KPM is a braded version of StickyPassword (seems to be right).

Unfortunately StickyPassword offers more and above all more secure algorithms to encrypt my passwords.

powerful_protection.png

So please Kaspersky, add this feature (128bit is not secure any longer).

Windows xp does not fully support 256bit encryption. If I try to encrypt my 256bit database on Win7 I get an error!

According to the StickyPassword blog, Chrome is already supported.

How come Kaspersky does not support chrome yet??

Regards

iPlachetka

edit: del poll.

Edited by richbuff

The last thing I saw around AES was at Bruce Schneiers Blog from which I conclude that...

... whether the AES 128 is secure or not depends on the number of "rounds" used in the implementation.

There are also attacks published which are utilizing "bad" design of the AES256 key schedule... which does not exist in the AES 128 version.

But this was in July 2009. I have not been following the research community's progress on breaking AES much since then.

Maybe there are new results published?

Yours,

H

http://www.schneier.com/blog/archives/2009...er_new_aes.html

if i recall there are 2(two, maybe more) providers on windows 7 for the 256 bit AES key but only one on xp. are you sure you are selecting the one that is available on XP as well?

screenhme.jpg

Yes I am. Windows xp offers only one 256bit provider which is still a prototype.

Opening the database on Win7 leads to a message which tells "Corrupted database".

So for compatibility reasons I'm forced to use a puny encryption algorithm.

(With Kaspersky still having no support for Chrome :angry: )

Regards

iPlachetka

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.