Ornorm

KPM 9.0.1.447 doesn't work anymore in Vivaldi browser

Since the last version of KPM, I'm not able to use the KPM extension anymore.

When I click on the extension's icon, I'm asked to enter my KPM master password. When I enter it, I get a "wrong password" message even if the password is correct. If I try to click on "Forgot password" link, nothing happens.

In addition to that, when I want to open any website from the KPM desktop version, I can't open them in Vivaldi anymore. The websites are now opened in Google Chrome by default. In the previous version of KPM, I didn't face any of these issues.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions/reactions.

KPM.png

Make it simple if KPM 9.0.1.447 : Doesn't work with that browser use : Chrome 

IExplorer - 11 or FFox or Try MS Edge . There's a user on this Page who 

claim the New KPM-19.0.1.447..Works now on this browser too 

Regarding to the "Wrong Master password message" displayed

ask Klab Technical support to advise you, what to Do..:rolleyes:

Link : https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

include the above screenshot, when send the Help request

Il y a 5 heures, Indio a dit :

Make it simple if KPM 9.0.1.447 : Doesn't work with that browser use : Chrome 

IExplorer - 11 or FFox or Try MS Edge . There's a user on this Page who 

claim the New KPM-19.0.1.447..Works now on this browser too 

Regarding to the "Wrong Master password message" displayed

ask Klab Technical support to advise you, what to Do..:rolleyes:

Link : https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create

include the above screenshot, when send the Help request

Thank you for your message Indio.

I want to use Vivaldi because it is the browser I prefer to use. If previous KPM extension worked with Vivaldi, the new KPM should as well. Otherwise, it means there is a regression in the service provided by Kaspersky.

For the password, I could indeed do what you suggest by contacting the Technical support.

Have a nice day.

@Berny Thank you for your suggestion. I didn't forget my master password (it works in KPM). It's just not recognized by the extension.

I did even change it from KPM desktop application to see if it could resolve the issue but it didn't. 

I've sent a request to the Technical support. We'll see what they suggest.

Have a nice day.

OK  i can reproduce your problem , Tech Support is your best option.

Same here, from what I can tell this is affecting all Chromium based browsers, save Chrome and Yandex, that previously would work fine, but now something in the most recent update makes the extension not talk to the server or the desktop application.  Would love for this to be reverted to the way it used to be.

@oconnetj Thank you for this information. I didn't know it was affecting all Chromium browsers. I feel less alone ;-)

Unfortunately, Kaspersky Support answered they only support Edge, Firefox and Chrome... that's it. So, as far as I know, I'm not sure they will do anything about this issue.

I'm posting again on this..Topic to make a correction on my above reply, where I pointed out

that KPM supported the following browsers :: Google Chrome : MSoft Internet Explorer 11

Mozilla Firefox and Yandex browser << I missed this -1 :  To support my case :)

What's New - check this KPM Tech article - Link :  https://support.kaspersky.com/14245

open the link & scroll to Line -12 : No Chromium or Vivaldi browsers supported..?

Also read carefully the first sentences of this article  " In the latest version of KPM 9.0

your Data will be converted to a new format that is incompatible, with previous

versions of KPM app "  Therefore any proposals send them to Tech Support

Link :  https://my.kaspersky.com/support/requests/create : select I've a suggestion

Edited by Indio

Thank you @Indio

I have had this fault since early June.

Vivaldi is an excellent browser. I have now been almost a month without the Password Manager extension. Really tied of cut&past of passwords. When can we see a fix? Reading the comments I would think the fix needs to come from Kaspersky?

Users are running from Kaspersky due to, well known political reasons. They should focus on keeping existing customers happy. 

Edited by mogle

29 minutes ago, mogle said:

Thank you @Indio

I have had this fault since early June.

Vivaldi is an excellent browser. I have now been almost a month without the Password Manager extension. Really tied of cut&past of passwords. When can we see a fix? Reading the comments I would think the fix needs to come from Kaspersky?

Users are running from Kaspersky due to, well known political reasons. They should focus on keeping existing customers happy. 

Thank you @mogle, I think you're quite right by saying Kaspersky should keep their existing customers happy. I've been using Kaspersky for more than a decade now and yes, because of the issue that we're discussing here and based on the answer I've received from the Kaspersky Support, I'm wondering if I should now uninstall Kaspersky or find another provider who could satisfy my "basic" needs.

I just got off the phone with Kaspersky Tech Support. 

First, tech support is an oxymoron. Depending on who you talk to, Vivaldi is supported. Or it's not. The supervisor didn't even know what Vivaldi was!!!

Second, IMO, this looks like a bug - it doesn't make any sense to randomly drop support for a popular browser. 

I will contact Vivaldi to see if they can light a fire with KPM - sometimes pressure from the browser vendor can motivate a plugin vendor to fix this kind of problem.

Le 10/07/2018 à 18:34, IMTanuki a dit :

I just got off the phone with Kaspersky Tech Support. 

First, tech support is an oxymoron. Depending on who you talk to, Vivaldi is supported. Or it's not. The supervisor didn't even know what Vivaldi was!!!

Second, IMO, this looks like a bug - it doesn't make any sense to randomly drop support for a popular browser. 

I will contact Vivaldi to see if they can light a fire with KPM - sometimes pressure from the browser vendor can motivate a plugin vendor to fix this kind of problem.

Hello IMTanuki,

Thank you very much for sharing this interesting information with the community.

Keep us posted!

Have a nice day.

OK, just heard back from Vivaldi and it is a known bug on their side and in their queue of bug fixes.

- no scheduled fix date, as dev team is on Summer vacation.

- but it's clearly supported, as they are aware of the bug and seem to be committed to fixing it.

Suggest keep trying every week or so until it's fixed.

UPDATE

Vivaldi just informed me that they've identified the possible issue and will try issuing a fix. So, I think this should be resolved in a few weeks.

ORIGINAL POST

OK, just heard back from Vivaldi and it is a known bug on their side and in their queue of bug fixes.

- but it's clearly supported, as they are aware of the bug and seem to be committed to fixing it.

Il y a 1 heure, IMTanuki a dit :

UPDATE

Vivaldi just informed me that they've identified the possible issue and will try issuing a fix. So, I think this should be resolved in a few weeks.

ORIGINAL POST

Thank you very much for this useful update!

I stopped using KPM when I discovered that: a) it doesn't work with Vivaldi; and b) it doesn't work with native Android apps.

I just tried testing KPM with Vivaldi, but now it seems the extension is gone - for both Vivaldi and Chrome...WTF?

Support - non-existent

Android Apps - no

Chrome / Vivaldi - no

If you're going to launch a PM product, there are certain minimum func reqs you have to hit. You guys should pull this product until you can deliver the basics.

@IMTanuki I really share your feeling.

I'm quite disappointed by the fact we don't get any support from Kaspersky on this.

If you find a good alternative to Kaspersky, would you mind sharing it with us (user experience, price, etc.)?

I prefer to keep Vivaldi and leave Kaspersky instead of leaving Vivaldi...

Thanks in advance.

On 7/16/2018 at 1:52 PM, IMTanuki said:

UPDATE

ORIGINAL POST

The fault is still there! I am on the latest release of Vivaldi, this fault is not fixed.

On 9/9/2018 at 5:24 PM, Ornorm said:

@IMTanuki I really share your feeling.

I'm quite disappointed by the fact we don't get any support from Kaspersky on this.

If you find a good alternative to Kaspersky, would you mind sharing it with us (user experience, price, etc.)?

I prefer to keep Vivaldi and leave Kaspersky instead of leaving Vivaldi...

Thanks in advance.

I will not give up Vivaldi. My default browser. I can see myself leaving Kaspersky. Twice I have contacted Kaspersky support, my tickets are escalated, twice I got feedback, that the fault is not for Kaspersky to fix. They believe the fault is within Chrome or the core.  That might be the case, but they have not been helpful to get the issue resolved. 

As Vivaldi is not one of their few supported browsers, they are not interested.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.