fred06

version 5.0.227 and application modules update

Hello,

I have a problem on my win2000 and XP workstations with "KAV For Workstation"

Since installation of version 5.0.225 (followed by patch to 5.0.227), and configuration for application modules automatic update, I receive a message sometimes on startup and sometimes in the course of use (obviously following modules update):

"It is not possible to continue using Kaspersky antivirus. The licence keys black list is damaged or is not included in this version of the program

In order to use the software, it is essential "to update the antivirus bases" or "to restore the correct version of the antivirus bases"

By updating bases the problem is temporarily corrected, kaspersky works correctly but the problem occurs each time the modules are updated.

If somebody is aware of this problem or has some ideas,

Thank you.

To rectify the problem clean the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\<name of the antivirus application>\5.0\UPDTemp .

To rectify the problem clean the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab\<name of the antivirus application>\5.0\UPDTemp .

Mike,

Thanks for informations and quick response, but before posting I found another topic with the same answer, and I have already checked the content of this folder, but it's empty.

So, I tried deleting this folder (and reboot computers) but the same problem occurs.

The problem is not persistant, when the message appears on startup, its solved by updating bases, but sometimes during normal use the monitor failed and real-time protection was disabled (this is more critical), and stay disabled until updating bases.

If I check the logs, when the "application module automatic update" download only the file "master.xml", no problem but when the file "kavset.xml" is downloaded, the next database update log contains the message "License error" "The licence keys black list is damaged or is not included in this version of the program"

Mike,

Thanks for informations and quick response, but before posting I found another topic with the same answer, and I have already checked the content of this folder, but it's empty.

So, I tried deleting this folder (and reboot computers) but the same problem occurs.

The problem is not persistant, when the message appears on startup, its solved by updating bases, but sometimes during normal use the monitor failed and real-time protection was disabled (this is more critical), and stay disabled until updating bases.

If I check the logs, when the "application module automatic update" download only the file "master.xml", no problem but when the file "kavset.xml" is downloaded, the next database update log contains the message "License error" "The licence keys black list is damaged or is not included in this version of the program"

Is there a positive solution to this problem as I too am experiencing the same problem with .227. This is a great annoynence and if I cant find a solution in the next few hours, I will have to uninstall it and try another AV solution.

Regards

Dick

Is there a positive solution to this problem as I too am experiencing the same problem with .227.  This is a great annoynence and if I cant find a solution in the next few hours, I will have to uninstall it and try another AV solution.

Have now uninstalled .227, cleaned everything and reinstalled .200 and everything is working normally. Will revert to .227 when I can find out how to make it work.

Dick

My suggestion for future upgrades would be to uninstall the existing version prior to upgrading, (not a necessary step under normal circumstances, but in this case appropriate) clean up the registry and disk with the KAV removal tool (available at http://www.ice-kav.com/downloads/util/KAV_...stry_Clean.zip) and then install the newest version. Something got whacked in your Bases folder that is causing the black.lst problem.

Mike

Allright... you're a corporate user.. You got your license key through a reseller or a kaspersky office directly...

Why not let them check if the key is really blacklisted?

Had this issue once before, but there was more issues on hand... Turns out that the MSXML parser was corrupted, and rendered the key useless... Fixed it with:

regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Lemme know if this helps.

My suggestion for future upgrades would be to uninstall the existing version prior to upgrading, (not a necessary step under normal circumstances, but in this case appropriate) clean up the registry and disk with the KAV removal tool (available at http://www.ice-kav.com/downloads/util/KAV_...stry_Clean.zip) and then install the newest version. Something got whacked in your Bases folder that is causing the black.lst problem.

Mike

I had already tried the complete delete twice, then the KAV removal tool, and it did not fix the problem. Eventally did a complete format and reinstall on XP and now .227 is running OK.

Thanks for the help.

Dick

I'm experiencing this same problem updating to version 5.0.228. The "Application Modules Update" seems to corrupt the bases. Our laptop started getting periodic errors about a "black list of license keys" after I installed Kaspersky on it last fall. After a reformat and reinstall of Windows XP Pro, it began happening again.

The steps I took:

1) Install Windows XP Pro, SP2, and all the Microsoft patches. Install nothing else.

2) Install Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations version 5.0.225 (the latest version available for download).

3) Run the "Application Modules Update". Choose to update to version 5.0.228.

4) Kaspersky downloads & installs the updated modules, then says that it will restart.

5) After the restart, Kaspersky complains that its database is corrupted, and real-time scanning is permanently disabled.

After uninstalling Kaspersky & deleting all the files in C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab and C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Kaspersky Lab, I reinstalled Kaspersky 5.0.225 again. Again, it worked fine until I tried to update to 5.0.228. This time, I did the update with real-time scanning disabled, and I got the error message about "Missing or corrupted 'black' list of license keys".

Hopefully, this info can help you track down & fix this problem. We've been using Kaspersky Anti-Virus for 2 years, and, other than this problem, are very happy with it.

Thanks,

Brian

Please see this FAQ item: http://www.kaspersky.ru/faq?chapter=168014658&qid=172647685

I can't seem to find the english version of this article but I hope the screenshots will help. It says to do the following:

1. Turn off downloading and applying Application modules in this task settings.

2. Start this task manually. After updating, restore its settings (turn on downloading Application modules).

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.