charliewhatshisname

2 legit sites blocked. "Threat of data loss, Heuristic analysis"

2 legitimate sites I use for payment have been blocked.  "Threat of data loss, Heuristic analysis".  I know I can unblock them but how am I to know better than Kaspersky? .  Having queried this the companies tell me they have had no problems with orders, even from Russia, but they are passing this onto their IT dept.  In my experience they will come back to me and say everything is fine.  I don't know why i waste my time letting them know frankly.  These may well be false positives, but how can I tell?  I use version 19 and get regular updates.  Anyone else have this problem?  Actually this throws up another problem.  We pay for protection.  How are we to know better than Kaspersky who we pay to protect us, what is legitimate and safe and what is not?  they are ranked as extremely low or not at all for false positives.

The site I just copied and pasted is safe, for scanning but is still blocked by my anti virus.  What's going on here?  All the sites that have been blocked, 4 in all are reputable.  this is a Kaspersky problem, but it is also our problem as users of their product.  May I repectfully ask that Kaspersky look into this matter please. I see other members have the same or similar problems. I don't have time for this.

Did you submit it via the link I had originally provided? The faster you do this the faster the fix will come. Choice is yours.

Yes of course. That is the point.  The site was accepted as legitimate in the link, but it was still blocked by my anti virus. I can accept the odd false positives obviously, but this has happened now too often in too short a time.  Its really frustrating and as a long standing customer this has never happened before.  Kaspersky has a good record in tests regarding false positives, usually zero in fact, which makes me wonder what has changed.  Thanks for the link by the way.

Totally understandable! However, you need to keep in mind as malware threats increase all vendors are bound to make mistakes sooner or later. Please keep the reports coming. If a false positive indeed true it will be corrected as soon as possible.

Also,

I do think there has been some sort of change to The Kaspersky anti virus.  It has become more aggressive in it's analysis.  It has discovered for the first time in years, an attachment to a phishing Email that I deleted completely.  I know Bit Defender do this to the hidden deleted Emails. Nothing wrong in this, but it does hint of change.  I notice on this Forum that a few sites are being blocked which were completely safe.  Maybe it has got something to do with HTTP and HTTPS.  I read somewhere that Google are blocking HTTP sites.  Maybe Kaspersky are taking this into account now.

Where do we report these issues? https://virusdesk.kaspersky.com only allows the ability to scan - i can't seem to see any specific way to raise a support ticket and have the issue resolved.

I have the same issue with another site and given the above, it seems as though there are some issues with Kaspersky - i want to know as the issue relates to one of my own websites and the above issue could affect customers who visit our site but also use Kaspersky.

Please advise on the steps to report and resolve such instances.

Support tickets via my.kaspersky.com 

If you want to submit as free user go to the URL I posted in my previous posts, paste the URL with false positives (hit scan). Once the results come back say I disagree with results. Enter your email if you want for notifications.

Done!

I have KAspersky Total Security 2019 and it is blocking trusted websites that games use.

I have added every site and link to Trusted and the exclusion list and sites are still blocked.

I have tried full sites with /* after them to include changing URLS and sites are still blocked and show up as blocked in the Kaspersky logs.

Every year KAspersky come out with new version and every year Kaspersky gets worse and worse to control.
I am at the point now that when my current license is done I will likely switch to another company.
Support tries to help but it seems like a game they play.
I contact support and first rep says its beyond his/her skill and it goes to level 2 tech.
Then they want all the tests and sometimes say it is a virus which is total BS.

I play EverQuest 2 and KAspersky is blocking the website that the game uses internally to download pre-cache files.
I have whitelisted or trusted every exe file and every website I see show up in logs and they are always blocked by kaspersky.
Since the game does not open a browser to download the files the Kaspersky Heuristic Analysis seems to be a piece of Garbage and that Kaspersky ignors trusted and exclusion settings no matter what.

It would be nice if Kaspersky would fix the issue and when fixed stop releasing new versions that are garbage.

I had next to no problems With Pure 3 but all versions after that are poor.

Anyone have any idea how to make kaspersky total security 2019 ignore what I trusted in its settings and even excluded settings?

Thanks in advance

Gren

Here are the steps to add a website as "Trusted" in Kaspersky Internet Security 2019 (KIS 19):

1. Open the main KIS interface. 
  2. Click "Settings" (the cog icon in the bottom left corner).
  3. From the left-hand pane click "Protection". 
  4. From the listing shown in the right-hand pane click on the words "Web Anti-Virus". 
    (NOTE:  Do not accidentally click on the 'toggle switch' icon at the far right, as this would turn your protection on/off.)
  5. From the list of options that are displayed click "Advanced Settings" (at the bottom).
  6. From the new list of refined options that are displayed click "Configure trusted URLs" (in the middle).
  7. Click the "Add" button at the bottom right of the new dialogue box that comes up. 
  8. In the little dialogue box that comes up enter the URL into the top field, and leave the Status set to "Active" (so that your preference will/should be respected). 
  9. Click the "Add" button at the bottom right of this little dialogue box. 
  10. Your preferences have now been entered.  Just close each of the remaining dialogue boxes (red/white "x" box in top right, in title bar). 

This process is so convoluted that the initial advisory message from KIS saying that the site was blocked should contain a 'deep link' to add an exclusion. 

—DIV

7 hours ago, DIVERSE said:

See also topic 397855 in these forums. 

—DIV

Sorry, this was posted in response to another thread, and then moved here by the moderators (so it no longer makes sense).

On 7/23/2018 at 9:49 PM, mikethebike said:

Let us know what KLab say in its reply. Thanks

mikethebike

So here we are some 6 months later. Has the problem been solved by KLab or what was Klab's response? Thanks

mikethebike

Now the site is "green" according to KSN:

image.png

Safe site:

image.png

If there some issues with sites detections, then please provide at least its URL and screenshot of the detection in product.

Hi, Mefodys. 

I am not sure whether the KSN rating correlates with the problem I described in comment 2851779.  (By the way, I'm not sure how many others can read that post, because it is still marked as "hidden" after more than a week.  Probably only Moderators.)  As I mentioned, simultaneous with the problem I described, both VirusTotal and Kaspersky VirusDesk reported the site as clean. 

The problem I encountered was in going to the home of the website (yellow.com.au) and then navigating through to the link I mentioned.  I did not check what came up as the Kaspersky annotation in a search engine. 

I'm not sure what you refer to with your advice/request:
"If there some issues with sites detections, then please provide at least its URL and screenshot of the detection in product."

I gave the URL of the site as shown in the browser's address bar, and if you check the record notes I quoted, they also give URL's that were apparently elements of that web page that KIS 'predicted' were risky. 

I also quoted verbatim the text of the message that came up, and specified the context. 
Yes, it's true that a screenshot would let you know the colour of the text, for example.  But if only an image is provided, it makes it impossible for other users to try to find the error by a text search of the forums!  In future I'll include both text and an image, where possible. 

—DIV

Hello, Mefodys. 

A follow-up:  it appears that the KSN rating and Kaspersky VirusDesk do not precisely correlate with ability to access the site when Kaspersky Internet Security is running. 

I can only access the site when I have added it as a Trusted URL, as detailed in the procedure listed in my Comment above

Otherwise my access is still (currently) blocked. 

Please refer to accompanying screenshots. 
(Text is as I quoted before, in my 'hidden' post.  Please unhide it!)

—DIV

20190208a_Kaspersky_get-yellow-com-au_blocked.png

20190208b_Kaspersky_get-yellow-com-au_blocked.png

20190208c_Kaspersky_get-yellow-com-au_trusted.png

Hello,

I have reproduced the issue, and sent the request to virlab. Lets wait for their reply.

Thanks.

Please retest the issue.

It does not occur anymore. Thanks.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.