FMcGovern

Upgrading to SP1 MR2 [In progress]

I just want to confirm, will SP1 MR2 automatically install to machines with SP1 MR1 without me interacting at all?

Will it just all automatically happen via the 'Applications Modules' update repository?

I just want to confirm, will SP1 MR2 automatically install to machines with SP1 MR1 without me interacting at all?

Will it just all automatically happen via the 'Applications Modules' update repository?

It's not like MR1. MR2 has it's own policy settings etc. If systems are encrypted they have to first be decrypted. It's more like a service pack in terms of installation.

It's not like MR1. MR2 has it's own policy settings etc. If systems are encrypted they have to first be decrypted. It's more like a service pack in terms of installation.

So I will need to push MR2 to all machines? When I push it out via a task, will it upgrade in place or rip/replace?

How do I obtain just the files to push out via a task instead of pushing out the whole client install?

Edited by FMcGovern

Hello,

the article answers to most of your questions.

Thank you.

Hi,

It will automatically download files needed for installation on the clients.

Files will be downloaded as ordinary updates.

BR

Wait, this is conflicting. User dpeters stated that I will need to push it out via a task. You're stating that it will install automatically.

It could be installed automatically, but you can push it manually.

If you don't have pf installed on machines or encrypted drives it will be updated.

All you need is to have a patch d installed on KSC and policy for new version.

BR

All of my clients have Patch D and my KSC is patch D as well. None of the machines are encrypted through Kaspersky. The policy is already in place in my KSC environment as I have the newest one installed on Windows 10 machines.

It sounds like it will install automatically to all of my machines. Is there a public timeline of when that will take place, as in commercial release date?

Edited by FMcGovern

All of my clients have Patch D and my KSC is patch D as well. None of the machines are encrypted through Kaspersky. The policy is already in place in my KSC environment as I have the newest one installed on Windows 10 machines.

It sounds like it will install automatically to all of my machines. Is there a public timeline of when that will take place, as in commercial release date?

Hi,

If I understand correctly you are looking for automated upgrading using the Kaspersky Lab Update Service? Have you got this option enabled in the policy?

Thank You!

Hi,

If I understand correctly you are looking for automated upgrading using the Kaspersky Lab Update Service? Have you got this option enabled in the policy?

Thank You!

I have that option checked. It's checked on the current SP1MR1 Tasks and new SP1MR2 tasks for "install critical and approved updates".

Is there a known date of when MR2 will automatically push through updates?

Edited by FMcGovern

I have that option checked. It's checked on the current SP1MR1 Tasks and new SP1MR2 tasks for "install critical and approved updates".

Is there a known date of when MR2 will automatically push through updates?

Hi,

Update will be installed according to you task shedule, if computer meets all requirements.

Thank you!

Hello.

None of my machines are using encryption and all of them are running SP1MR1.

MR2 does not seem to be installing automatically (through an update task) on machines. According to the above discussion, it should happen automatically through the update task. Is it not happening due to a problem on my end or because the install isn't released yet through automatic updating to endpoints? I can create a manual task and update the application, but I'd much rather it go through the normal update task to all machines.

MR2 is in my applications module updates as seen:

4lB69bI.jpg.

My update task is set to run every time new updates are downloaded to the repository:

ZKJ4wCZ.jpg.

The checkbox is set to install application module updates:

Fkw8sAy.jpg.

Edited by FMcGovern

Have you already approved the update?

Go to Application management > Software updates > KES10 SP1 MR2 > General > Update approved > select Yes.

Have you already approved the update?

Go to Application management > Software updates > KES10 SP1 MR2 > General > Update approved > select Yes.

This is what I needed. Thank you for this so much.

I only have the select license. I'm guessing I'm allowed to approve Kaspersky updates but just not the other updates until I have an Advanced license? It let me apply the change, but I'm unsure if my license will cause a roadblock.

This is what I needed. Thank you for this so much.

I only have the select license. I'm guessing I'm allowed to approve Kaspersky updates but just not the other updates until I have an Advanced license? It let me apply the change, but I'm unsure if my license will cause a roadblock.

Hello,

did you get to install MR2 ?

Thank you.

Hello,

did you get to install MR2 ?

Thank you.

I will need to wait to find out if this works. We are still conducting rollout testing of MR2.

So if I set "Update approved" to "Yes" in this window, KES10 SP1 MR2 will be installed for all computers UNLESS they have FDE?

It looks like it is already installing MR2 on computers even though I have not Approved the update.

r5T0e8g.png

Edited by tallonzek

Hi,

So if I set "Update approved" to "Yes" in this window, KES10 SP1 MR2 will be installed for all computers UNLESS they have FDE?

Yes, KES10 SP1 should be installed as update.

Thank you!

Hi,

Yes, KES10 SP1 should be installed as update.

Thank you!

I think I am getting confused between 10.2.2.10535 mr2 and 10.2.4.674 mr2

Which one is which? Because I have seen them both referenced as "KES10 SP1 MR2"

10.2.2.10535 mr2 = KES10 SP1 MR2?

10.2.4.674 mr2 = KES10 SP1 MR2?

m4AvfKU.png

Edited by tallonzek

I think I am getting confused between 10.2.2.10535 mr2 and 10.2.4.674 mr2

Which one is which? Because I have seen them both referenced as "KES10 SP1 MR2"

10.2.2.10535 mr2 = KES10 SP1 MR2?

10.2.4.674 mr2 = KES10 SP1 MR2?

m4AvfKU.png

Hi,

Version KES 10.2.1.23 is MR1

Version KES 10.2.2.10535 is SP1 MR1

Version KES 10.2.4.674 is SP1 MR2

Thank You!

Hi,

Version KES 10.2.1.23 is MR1

Version KES 10.2.2.10535 is SP1 MR1

Version KES 10.2.4.674 is SP1 MR2

Thank You!

Thank you. So just do not get confused when I see 10.2.2.10535 mr2 as seen in my screenshot above?

Thank you. So just do not get confused when I see 10.2.2.10535 mr2 as seen in my screenshot above?

What version is displayed locally on the client machines itself?

Thank You!

What version is displayed locally on the client machines itself?

Thank You!

10.2.2.10535 (mr2)

But do you see what I am saying? 10.2.2.10535 = KES10 SP1

HOWEVER there is (mr2) afterwards, which makes this KES10 SP1 mr2.... which is different from "KES10 SP1 MR2" (version 10.2.4.674)

Do you see why this is confusing?

Edited by tallonzek

10.2.2.10535 (mr2)

But do you see what I am saying? 10.2.2.10535 = KES10 SP1

HOWEVER there is (mr2) afterwards, which makes this KES10 SP1 mr2.... which is different from "KES10 SP1 MR2" (version 10.2.4.674)

Do you see why this is confusing?

Some of my installations have also reported back as 10.2.2.10535 (MR2) on both KSC and on the local client. Because I am extremely picky, I go through the process of removing the endpoint and reinstalling it so that it will reflect as 10.2.4.674.

Edited by FMcGovern

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.