Lobster Man

Problems using bitcoin miner: access denied and write not supported

I'm trying to use the poclbm bitcoin miner, but kaspersky keeps warning me that it is malware. Despite adding it to exclusions I keep getting access denied errors when I try to call poclbm.exe from the command prompt. Further, when I try to add it to my exclusions, I get a "write not supported" message and I am still unable to access the exe file.

hqjBb.png

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Poclbm

This is NOT malware, and adding it to the exclusions should work, but it for some reason is not. Disabling protection seems to let me access the file sometimes but other times it will not.

I would appreciate if someone could offer me some advice on how to fix this...

Kaspersky is not saying that it is Malware, rather warning you as a riskware tool.

If you absolutely trust it, one thing you could try: Detected Threats > Active Threats or All, and see if the detection is there. If so, try right clicking on it and select add to exclusions. Check the quarantine also to see if it was added. If so, restore it and add it to exclusions then.

Kaspersky is not saying that it is Malware, rather warning you as a riskware tool.

If you absolutely trust it, one thing you could try: Detected Threats > Active Threats or All, and see if the detection is there. If so, try right clicking on it and select add to exclusions. Check the quarantine also to see if it was added. If so, restore it and add it to exclusions then.

it's detected as 2 different objects, hence the bouncing around in quarantine. add both exceptions for the same file

Detected: UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic ... \poclbm.exe KSN service

Detected: not-a-virus:RiskTool.Win32.BitCoinMiner.r..\poclbm.exe/Py2Exe/poclbm.pyo Information

i've tried to do this, but the UDS module doesn't respond to the exceptions list, and flags the file anyway. may have to see if there's a way to fix the problem elsewhere.

as the KIS2011 GUI fails to anticipate multiple agents detecting the same file using multiple agents and allowing exceptions during the multiple conflicting detection chains. could be fixed with a better exclusion system that handles 'false flag' positives, i.e. files with multiple detections, ie packed, using DLLs, hardware access, etc. can be added to a 'safe list' and exceptions automatically added during the entire process list. this allows for process ID's to be created for a 'safe' execution, and behaviour added for a select few processes.

Adding the whole folder to exclusions for 'all components' wasn't working for me.

I also noticed...kaspersky seems to have removed the original poclbm.exe from my filesystem(it's not in quarantine as far as I can see), so I replaced it with a new copy of the .exe from the original poclbm archive. It will now suddenly let me use and access poclbm.exe as well.

I am on windows 7, but somehow this exclusion has also been added to my exclusions list (from one of the several times I clicked "add to exclusions" for this .exe):

c:\documents and settings\[username]\desktop\poclbm_py2exe_20110709\poclbm.exe

I do not know why it is documents and settings instead of users, perhaps this is related?

Edited by Viper2026

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.