Mugi

Database problem

My problem is this,

On all my computers [i have 50+ desktops] I have installed KAV and KAV Agent, they work without a problem, but I can`t see them in KAV Administration Kit. Network conncetion are ok, firewall is off but they are invisible to Administration Kit. I think that something is wrong with KAV dabates, becouse it doesn`t updates the status od KAV and KAV Agent on desktops.

What could be the problem? I tryed to reinstall Administration Kit and I still have the same problem.

Hi,

can you see this computer in group Unissigned?

If "yes", then please move it to Group and open its settings on tab "Applications". is there anything present?

Regards,

Igor

Hi,

can you see this computer in group Unissigned?

If "yes", then please move it to Group and open its settings on tab "Applications". is there anything present?

Regards,

Igor

I can see only 1 computer and when I put it in Group and click on Applications tab, it gives me an error "Can not obtain...." like there is nothnig installed on that PC, just to be 100% sure I went to that PC a everything works ok.

Hi!

What version/build have you installed (AdminKit & Workstation) have you checked connectivity via e.g. Ethereal ... does the AdminKit machine receives and sends all packages ??

Hi! 

What version/build have you installed (AdminKit & Workstation) have you checked connectivity via e.g. Ethereal ... does the AdminKit machine receives and sends all packages ??

Of course, connectivity is ok. I have the latest versions of KAV and AdminKit.

Excuse... but if connectivity is OK you'll see your machines and can obtain them.

If your KAV Workstation is up-2-date with the signatures it's maybe the local update task of your workstation connection via internet to the Kaspersky update server!

How does the the eventlog looks like? any errors under application, system or kaspersky (on the WKS and AdminKit Server!)?

Make a WinReport and look if you can find any problems here:

START --> RUN --> type WINMSD and enter SAVE AS... you can also post the Reports here to be checked ;)

I can see only 1 computer and when I put it in Group and click on Applications tab, it gives me an error "Can not obtain...." like there is nothnig installed on that PC, just to be 100% sure I went to that PC a everything works ok.

How did you install these workstations? Were they cloned from an image including KAV? If so, you need to run the kldupfix utility on each workstation.

The symptoms you describe match exactly with what happened to us after we cloned the workstations from an image including KAV.

How did you install these workstations? Were they cloned from an image including KAV? If so, you need to run the kldupfix utility on each workstation.

The symptoms you describe match exactly with what happened to us after we cloned the workstations from an image including KAV.

@defekt

I installed all of my desktops over AdminKit. The problem is, event log only logs error on PC where AdminKit and KAV are installed. I`ll make the log that you asked for and posted here.

@vatson

Where can I find that utility? I looked under Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Workstation 5 folder, but there is no kldupfix utility.

Take a look inside the WinMSD -Report before posting and remove internal info's nodody should see

.....and here's also the KLDUPFIX ;)kldupfix.zip

Sounds strange... normally if you can't see the machines you're not able to install them at all but you installed the Agent & Workstation can not see the machines strange.

Try the KLDUPFIX as VATSON mentioned!

I found the file and started it, but still the problem remains. There is one strange thing I forgot to post, all desktops are updated over AdminKit and that works fine, but I can`t see anything on these workstations. I can`t see KAV or KAV Agent when I open AdminKit.

I started to log traffic and when AdminKit wants to connect to some destkop I get error "Checksum is incorrect", when I decode it as text it saiz something about certificate?

Can you post a screenshot of your opened AdminKit with GROUP opened to see (or not) the machines like this one:

post-1553-1133344827.jpg

If you click on 1 machine directly and go to the APPLICATIONS Tab you see normally the Agent & KAV Workstation:

post-1553-1133344846.jpg

Can you post a screenshot of your opened AdminKit with GROUP opened to see (or not) the machines like this one:

post-1553-1133344827.jpg

If you click on  1 machine directly and go to the APPLICATIONS Tab you see normally the Agent & KAV Workstation:

post-1553-1133344846.jpg

Here are the screenshots, I hope now u can understand what i am talking about. Just to explain you one more time, this machine on screenshot is working ok and has KAV and KAV Agent installed, updates are done by AdminKit and that works also fine, the only problem that i have is that i can see them in AdminKit as you can see on these screenshots.

Hope this helps.

post-3083-1133371615.jpg

post-3083-1133371644.jpg

Strange thing you've ...

Have yopu tried to RE-INSTALL the Network Agent locally on the problem machine ? Maybe this will help ?! Otherwise i'm out of idea's at the moment :blink:

Does the Agent & AdminKit Version have the same build ?!

Here are the screenshots, I hope now u can understand what i am talking about. Just to explain you one more time, this machine on screenshot is working ok and has KAV and KAV Agent installed, updates are done by AdminKit and that works also fine, the only problem that i have is that i can see them in AdminKit as you can see on these screenshots.

Hope this helps.

It seems your client computers don't have correct connection with Admin Kit server. Try to do the steps defined here:

http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?chapter=170710790&qid=171625464

Strange thing you've ...   

Have yopu tried to RE-INSTALL the Network Agent locally on the problem machine ? Maybe this will help ?!    Otherwise i'm out of idea's at the moment  :blink:

Does the Agent & AdminKit Version have the same build ?!

Of course, I tryed that a milion times.

I tryed this what kulaga said and this is the error that i got

Starting klnagchk utility

Checking command-line arguments...OK

Initializing basic libraries...OK

Reading settings...OK

Checking settings...OK

Administration Agent settings:

Server address: 'PGIT02'

Use SSL: 1

Server SSL ports: '13000'

Server ports: '14000'

Certificate: present

Use proxy: 0

Open UDP port: 1

UDP ports: '15000, 150

Ping period, s: 900

Conn timeout, s: 30

RW timeout, s: 180

Connecting to server...FAILED: Server

id or out-of-date certificate.

Full error info:

Code=1271

Subcode=0

Message='SSL server authentic

00'.'

File='O:\CS AdminKit\Developm

Line=323

Connecting to the Administration Agen

Administration Agent is running

Acquire Administration Agent statisti

Administration Agent statistics:

Ping count: 0

Succ. pings: 0

Sync count: 0

Succ. syncs: 0

Last ping:

How can I six this?

Of course, I tryed that a milion times.

I tryed this what kulaga said and this is the error that i got

Reading settings...OK

Checking settings...OK

Server address:  'PGIT02'

Use SSL:          1

Server SSL ports: '13000'

Server ports:    '14000'

Certificate:      present

Use proxy:        0

Open UDP port:    1

UDP ports:        '15000, 150

Ping period, s:  900

Conn timeout, s:  30

RW timeout, s:    180

Connecting to server...FAILED: Server

id or out-of-date certificate.

Full error info:

Code=1271

Subcode=0

Message='SSL server authentic

00'.'

File='O:\CS AdminKit\Developm

Line=323

Connecting to the Administration Agen

Administration Agent is running

Acquire Administration Agent statisti

Administration Agent statistics:

Ping count:  0

Succ. pings:  0

Sync count:  0

Succ. syncs:  0

Last ping:

How can I six this?

Certificate of Admin Kit server differs from the copy stored on the clients. The most probable reason is that you reinstall Admin Kit server without restoring certificate from backup. To fix this, see

http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?chapter=170710790&qid=174448935

Certificate of Admin Kit server differs from the copy stored on the clients.  The most probable reason is that you reinstall Admin Kit server without restoring certificate from backup.  To fix this, see

http://www.kaspersky.com/faq?chapter=170710790&qid=174448935

This is problem that I get now, after I overwrite the old cert

Reading settings...OK

Checking settings...OK

Administration server is installed locally

Ping period, s: 900

Conn timeout, s: 30

RW timeout, s: 180

Connecting to server...OK

Connecting to the Administration Agent...FAILED - error id 1186 ('Object not fou

nd')

Deinitializing basic libraries...OK

This is problem that I get now, after I overwrite the old cert

Reading settings...OK

Checking settings...OK

Administration server is installed locally

Ping period, s:  900

Conn timeout, s:  30

RW timeout, s:    180

Connecting to server...OK

Connecting to the Administration Agent...FAILED - error id 1186 ('Object not fou

nd')

Deinitializing basic libraries...OK

Have you restarted Administration Agent service?

of course, i did everything that was od that page that you posted

That error means that Administration Agent service is not running on your host. Check that Network Agent service is running and see Kaspersky Event Log for error messages.

That error means that Administration Agent service is not running on your host.  Check that Network Agent service is running and see Kaspersky Event Log for error messages.

On all host KAV and KAV Agent are working ok, but I still can`t see them in AdminKit.

On all host KAV and KAV Agent are working ok, but I still can`t see them in AdminKit.

Use "Find computer" feature in Admin Kit console to find required hosts.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.