SF32

PDF Infected ? - UDS:Trojan.PDF.Badur.b - UDS:DangerousObject.Multi.Generic

Team,

I also recently downloaded a PDF file that my KTS 2019 showed being infected by a UDS:Trojan.PDF.Badur.b.
KTS disinfected it promptly and (after a brief message "cannot disinfect") deleted the downloaded file as well as the browser's (Chrome v72.0.3626.109, 64bit) cache version.
Well done!

I am still curious what kind of threat this Trojan.PDF.Badur.b actually is, so I entered it into threats.kaspersky.com, both with and without the UDS:...
Unfortunately, it reports "No search results".
Shortening the search to "Trojan.PDF" shows e.g. "Trojan.PDF.Badur":  "A PDF document “booby-trapped” with a link that leads to a site with questionable content."

Although in retrospect your naming convention makes great sense, it would still be helpful to emphasize to the user to shorten the search to a subset of the reported threat type -- unless you would eventually find the time to link threat names from the scanner's "Detailed Reports" page to a brief description as per your threats.kaspersky.com page.

But otherwise, I'd keep your priorities on keeping up with detecting and fighting the ever growing cybersecurity threats...
Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.