kkgadu

Unable to see Wifi name while using Kaspersky Internet Security

I've been using Kaspersky Internet Security for over 2 years now on my Dell Inspiron laptop (Windows 10 OS). I've recently upgraded my internet to dual band Wifi (Dlink dir-825 Ac1200 with both 2.4Ghz & 5 GHz).

Initially, my laptop used to to connect perfectly to the new Wifi (displaying only the 2.4 GHz wifi name). But of late, I have noticed that Wifi name itself is disappearing from the list of 'available Wifi networks'. I did all the basic trouble shooting with laptop / Wifi drivers etc, but of no use.

Based on one forum from the internet, I have 'uninstalled' Kaspersky Internet Security from my laptop. Post restarting, the Wifi name was appearing again and I was able to connect. So looks like there is some problem with identifying Wifi signals from dual band Wifi or some issue with any specific setting in it. 

I have another Dell laptop (Windows 10) which has McAfee in it and there is absolutely no problem in connecting to same Wifi with it.

Can anyone please help me to correct the settings so that I have seamless connectivity to Wifi from my laptop with Kaspersky Internet Security.

Thanks,

KK

Thanks Berny for your prompt response. I have updated the settings as mentioned in the blog. Let me observe the behavior now.

But with this setting, I will end up spending $5 / month on securing my VPN connectivity if traffic is > 300 MB.

I don't remember this was the case earlier as I have been using licensed Kaspersky Internet Security since 2016 and never did I have any Wifi security / connectivity issues until I updated my Wifi to dual band in Jan 2018.

Not sure if other anti-virus / security providers are charging additionally in this manner.

thanks

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.