cwb143

Windows Powershell spamming exe files

I think I have a virus but not being detected by Kasp. Total Security 19.0.0

Over 400 WIndows Powershell exes populating on my taskmanager 

overloading my CPU. What can I do to stop this? Malware tools?

Thanks for any advice.

Welcome.  Please post your GetSystemInfo report link, instructions are located in the second (2nd) pinned topic. 

Please see the small print that is located at the bottom of this message.

Also,

Will it still persists after you restart your system? Check msconfig and startup items for suspicious entries.

HELP. I am getting the same issue. The 100% CPU clog is starting to slow down my internet browsing and other work operations. I have updated my Kaspersky Total Protect to the latest version. 

I tried restart, and fixing the error using malwarebytes etc. But nothing works so far. I tried the GetSystemInfo tool but it didn't generate the GetSystemInfo.zip on my desktop -

Comodo seems to have worked something out:

https://file-intelligence.comodo.com/windows-process-virus-malware/exe/powershell

My apologies. 

The powershell issue was caused by one of the software I installed - I have notified the software coder, uninstalled and revert back to previous version and it resolved the whole issue.

I managed to identify which software by looking into the command line it was trying to execute in the Task Manager -> Details tab -> Right click and Select to reveal "Command Line" column.

Hope this helps other people getting the same issue.