silver_mica

Remove annoying advertising/notification for Kaspersky Secure Connection

Aside from totally abandoning Kaspersky - what can I do to remove annoying messages coming from Kaspersky?    (see screen capture)

Screen Shot 2018-12-04 at 11.03.14 AM.png

1 час назад, silver_mica сказал:

Aside from totally abandoning Kaspersky - what can I do to remove annoying messages coming from Kaspersky?    (see screen capture)

Hello!

Please specify the product that you use.

Thank you!

17 hours ago, silver_mica said:

Given that the message claims to be 'Powered by Hotspot Shield',  uninstall Hotspot Shield.

• In your PC go to Control Panel > Programs > Uninstall Kaspersky Secure Connection (if in the list).
  • In Kaspersky Settings > Additional > Notifications > Uncheck notifications.

Thanks The Shield  - It took me a while to find "Settings" - but once I found it (really tiny gear - bottom left) I was able to navigate to the location you've specified.   I unchecked every notification - although, nothing stuck out about the Secure Connection.  However, I had already uninstalled Secure Connection - that might be the reason.

Do you know  if the method you've prescribed will also get rid of the annoying 'update software messages' that I constantly get?     

Hopefully it does

1 hour ago, silver_mica said:

Thanks The Shield  - It took me a while to find "Settings" - but once I found it (really tiny gear - bottom left) I was able to navigate to the location you've specified.   I unchecked every notification - although, nothing stuck out about the Secure Connection.  However, I had already uninstalled Secure Connection - that might be the reason.

Do you know  if the method you've prescribed will also get rid of the annoying 'update software messages' that I constantly get?     

Hopefully it does

Are you not updating Kaspersky after those update messages? If you did they would stop. If you want the VPN messages to stop that talk about Secure connections and you possibly leaving traces behind, The Shield already had mentioned how to get rid of that message that show the  message about traces left behind, and is caused by not enabling the Kaspersky's Secure connection installation that's already been installed with the rest of Kaspersky's product. So uninstalling it (Kaspersky Secure Connection), if you don't want it, will stop that message then.

On 12/14/2018 at 11:54 PM, silver_mica said:

If you mean the messages that suggest you to update the programs installed on your PC, proceed like this: Settings > Protection > Software Updater > Deactivate.

If you mean another type of message, please post a screenshot.

On 12/5/2018 at 4:33 AM, JakeSDS said:

Given that the message claims to be 'Powered by Hotspot Shield',  uninstall Hotspot Shield.

Oh my gosh - is Kaspersky installing bloatware?  

11 hours ago, The Shield said:

If you mean the messages that suggest you to update the programs installed on your PC, proceed like this: Settings > Protection > Software Updater > Deactivate.

If you mean another type of message, please post a screenshot.

I believe that's what I'm looking for.  Thanks again.

2 hours ago, silver_mica said:

Oh my gosh - is Kaspersky installing bloatware?

No, Kaspersky Secure Connection is powered by Hotspot Shield underneath.

2 hours ago, silver_mica said:

Thanks again.

You are welcome!

1 hour ago, The Shield said:

No, Kaspersky Secure Connection is powered by Hotspot Shield underneath.

You are welcome!

Kaspersky's Secure Connection is installed by Kaspersky. What runs the VPN secure connection is controlled by Hotspot Shield, which in this case makes no difference for what Silver_Mica was asking about. It is installed, as bundled with KIS/KTS, and he considered it bloatware. Which it isn't, but part of a security coverage overall, and as an option using Kaspersky...But since it can be uninstalled separately from KIS/KTS, its not an issue uninstalling it while still running KIS/KTS and without issues.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:36 AM, Dmitry Parshutin said:

Hello!

Please specify the product that you use.

Thank you!

Please give us an option whether we want to install this or not during the setup as I have my own paid for VPN (ExpressVPN) and am not interested in Hotspot Shield one bit and even if you uninstall it, it leaves traces behind. All I want is my Antivirus and that's it!

I agree with you. I think it gets pressed too much. Besides the installation as automatic, it also does too many notifications. Its like it set to hound you until you give in and buy the d*** thing. But after I seen it can be uninstalled as separate from KIS, I went for it and no more repeated msg's over and over..

The option already exists to opt out of secure connection install during install of Internet security since either version 2017 0r 2018, can't remember for sure.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 6:51 PM, Ultra Male said:

Please give us an option whether we want to install this or not during the setup as I have my own paid for VPN (ExpressVPN) and am not interested in Hotspot Shield one bit and even if you uninstall it, it leaves traces behind. All I want is my Antivirus and that's it!

2 hours ago, rudger79 said:

The option already exists to opt out of secure connection install during install of Internet security since either version 2017 0r 2018, can't remember for sure.

Yes, but does Kaspersky refer to it as a VPN? I didn't think it did, and instead Kaspersky uses the phrase, as you mentioned, Secure connection. Which to me anyways, doesn't necessarily equate to a VPN but rather using HTTPS and its security reinforced. I know in the past I zipped through the installation thinking there was nothing about a VPN as an option, just secured connections. And as such, extra security is all. Thats mostly what I was trying to emphasize.

On 12/18/2018 at 10:34 PM, rudger79 said:

Call me blind but I've never seen that option. Mind sharing a screenshot?

27 minutes ago, rudger79 said:

Third window, uncheck the option for Kaspersky Security Network. Acknowledge to Decline and secure connection won't install.

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/14109#block1

Kaspersky Labs says:

"The Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) is the cloud-based knowledge base of Kaspersky Lab containing information about the reputation of applications and websites."

Kaspersky Security Network and Kaspersky Secure Connection are two different things!

I want to stay connected to the Kaspersky Security Network  so I just uninstalled the VPN after installation.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.