Today I upgraded windows 10 to version 1809 and with KIS patch (c) issue seems to be solved.

Same issue here. Using Windows 10 1803. Only an issue since version 19 installed (18 worked fine). Pausing protection doesn't work, exiting Kaspersky Total Protection does.

Incidentally, this should be straightforward to reproduce:

1. Enable "Windows Subsystem for Linux". (Control Panel -> Programs & Features -> Turn Windows Features on or off -> tick box next to "Windows Subsystem for Linux", click OK, then reboot.)
  2. Go to Microsoft Store and search for "Ubuntu" app (this particular app installs the latest Ubuntu - for a particular release, you could select "Ubuntu 18.04" or "Ubuntu 16.04"). Install it.
  3. Run app. (When you run the app for the first time, it installs and asks for a UNIX username and password. Enter whatever you want here. From now on, you'll start each session as that user.)
  4. Enter command "sudo apt update" (you'll be prompted for your password). The image below is what I see:
    image.thumb.png.50700a361385d49e71d97ca136a22593.png
  5. This isn't what is supposed to happen, clearly. Kaspersky is blocking access to the web-site files specified.

Again, just to be clear, this is only happening in version 19 of Kaspersky Total Security - it wasn't a problem with version 18.

Same issue here. Please fix it!

Kaspersky Internet Security 19.0.0.1088(c), Windows 10 1803 (Build 17134.376). Fresh installation! Windows 10 and Kaspersky only!

It isn't even aware there is a connection from Bash in its Network Activity module as below:

image.thumb.png.ec1abb8c55a3108e05ec69381f12ccab.png

Just got off the phone with the Kaspersky customer service,, alias Kaspersky morons.  Their new theory is "Kaspersky does not support Linux".

I tried to explain that this is not linux but a feature of Windows, it's just like any other app in Windows. They don't want to hear that.

I have used Kaspersky for at least 8 years now, and this is the first time I decided to rely on their customer support. It is surprising how stupid these people can be. I wish I knew about this thread 30 minutes ago to show them how any Windows user in this thread is smarter than their best techs on the phone.

Btw, I have the same identical symptoms, Ubuntu works only if I completely exit Kaspersky, disabling all Kaspersky components does not work.

I just contacted "support".

Firstly, they have a systemic support problem in that they do not try to reproduce problems reported to them. Will not even consider it. If they were able to do that - or even if they were able to write-up the report for their software teams with those instructions - then they could investigate the problem as it happens. Far simpler and more valuable to them, IMHO.

Instead, they want me to run a tool called GetSystemInfo that produces a large ZIP file containing tons of information about my PC. When I looked into the file, I wasn't able to verify that it didn't contain any sensitive information. (I am a one-man consulting business, and my clients require that I sign NDA's to protect their IP. If any protected information gets slurped up by such a tool, I could be in legal jeopardy. Clearly, there's a level of trust we need to have in AV software, given the level of access that it has, but if I can't tell what's in the huge amount of information it has collected, I'm going to have to play it safe.) So I told them that I wasn't sending the GetSystemInfo output to them. Their response was to ask if they could access my system remotely and run the diagnostics themselves. Hmmm...

Given all of the apparent different tech. support conversations that people on this thread have had with Kaspersky about this issue, I'm amazed that no-one (I was in contact via chat with 2 of their support people) at their end is apparently able to do a search and discover that this was a known issue. It would have been great if they could say: "Yes, this is a known issue and we're working on it." I suspect that their systemic support issues (addressing the symptoms, not the cause) are ensuring that this is not recognized as an issue, and that no-one at Kaspersky is even aware of it, let alone working on it.

So, have to agree that I'm not impressed at all with Kaspersky's "tech" support.

I don't want to have to go back to V18 of the software, but that might well be the simplest option. It's annoying because I use the Ubuntu bash environment a lot and I find it ironic that I cannot install security updates for it because my AV software will not allow it to do so. :-(

Anyone having any luck in this regard with any other antivirus products?

I tried a couple and it seems like AVAST has an option in the settings to explicitly allow all WSL traffic but I am not very fond of the quality of their antivirus product.

Wait for windows 10 october update (1809). It is not available now.  I instaled this update before serious problems with it appeared. With this update I don't have problems with linux bash. I don't know why kaspersky 2019 is compatible with 1809 but not with 1803 windows version..

Yeah crappy Kaspersky team. Since Windows Defender is getting better by the minute, not gonna pay anymore for this crappy service. Paid antivirus isn't a must anymore. Thanks for nothing Kaspersky!

Instead ranting on the forum open a ticket via my.kaspersky.com submit logs and traces. Its the fastest way getting the problem fixed.

8 minutes ago, Whizard said:

Instead ranting on the forum open a ticket via my.kaspersky.com submit logs and traces. Its the fastest way getting the problem fixed.

As pointed out, you can reproduce this problem - and debug it as it happens - using the instructions above! Far better than "logs and traces"! I for one have been "ranting" (if that's the word) because Kaspersky is refusing to consider that basic point. Submitting that information isn't an option for me (see my post above). Others have been disappointed with your support too - and some of them appear to have submitted that information in any case. Remember, "the customer is always right". If you're in a position of influence, I'd urge you to convince someone at Kaspersky to (a) record this issue and (b) fix it.

Edited by Hindsight
Missed something from the original post

3 hours ago, Whizard said:

This is not the fastest way. I opened ticket #INC000009258873 with this issue over 5 months ago and I didn't get any answer yet.

Did you provide the logs and traces scenarios to reproduce this problem? I do not work for Kaspersky, I am simply a power user helping out. I am sorry you do not like the answer provided, however TechSupport is your best bet at this point.

I had a similar issue with Kaspersky Antivirus 19.00. APT was working, but cURL was unable to connect to sites like Ruby RVM (get.rvm.io). The solution turned out to be quite simple:

- Turn OFF Encrypted connection scanning (Settings > Additional > Network > Do not scan encrypted networks)

In all the truth this is the only setting that I have historically left on its default level in the Network settings. All that is there is pure junk, IMHO, like SSL interception, JavaScript injections and what not. So, now I have one more reason to shut these defaults off.

KIS 19.0.0.1088 (d) Win 10 17134.112. Still this bug happens. I opened a ticket in support asked when the bug will be solved... I tried KIS 20 technical preview but it's extremely laggy and causes BSOD so I couldn't even test if it's fixed in KIS 20... 
So far: Disable controlling of port 80 and 443 (Settings--Additional--Network) solves most of the problems, but of course reduces the security of the system. 

7 hours ago, Rules said:

KIS 19.0.0.1088 (d) Win 10 17134.112. Still this bug happens. I opened a ticket in support asked when the bug will be solved... I tried KIS 20 technical preview but it's extremely laggy and causes BSOD so I couldn't even test if it's fixed in KIS 20... 
So far: Disable controlling of port 80 and 443 (Settings--Additional--Network) solves most of the problems, but of course reduces the security of the system. 

(Russian) Tech support replied to me:
 bug 2796907 will be fixed in version в 2020. Fix for version 2019 is NOT PLANNED.
((
And they added: "as a temporary solution 
disable controlling of ports or exit KIS...."  ((

Posted (edited)

I'm having the same issue but don't have the necessary  permissions to update Kaspersky anti-virus.

But I was wondering if anyone tried allowing wsl.exe access, as i found in this issue on github

In Windows firewall, add a permission/exception for the program:

C:\Windows\System32\wsl.exe

And be happy.

My understanding of the tech is that WSL.exe contains the mappings of (low level) linux commands into windows commands. So bash.exe would not actually make the request; because that only knows about linux commands. WSL then takes that command, and turns it into a windows system command.

Edited by dovid

Fixed in WIndows 10 1903 18362.30  and KIS 19.0.0.1088(f) at least ... 

On 6/15/2019 at 7:28 AM, Rules said:

Fixed in WIndows 10 1903 18362.30  and KIS 19.0.0.1088(f) at least ... 

I don't think so.. I use Windows 10 1903 18362.175 and KIS 19.0.0.1088(f) and some git sources work and some don't. Please try this source:

git clone https://github.com/libusb/libusb libusb

and say is it working. And then kill KISS and try again :)

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.