jmbenedicto

Inventory job nothing appears in the "Executable File" section [In progress]

I have the KSC 10.3.407 and after successfully run the software Inventory job nothing appears in the "Executable File" section.

The users have KES 10 sp1 mr2

I have the KSC 10.3.407 and after successfully run the software Inventory job nothing appears in the "Executable File" section.

The users have KES 10 sp1 mr2

Hi,

Could you please describe your problem more informatively with screenshots.

Thank you!

Hi,

Could you please describe your problem more informatively with screenshots.

Thank you!

I am having the same issue. Just ran an inventory (with domain admin privileges) on one machine and yet there are no executible files present (see attached screenshot).

All apps were found , according to the Applications Registry section of the computers properties dialog box.

Also, when I find the application under Admin Server>Advanced>Application Management>Application Registry > <app_name> and try to "add to category", I get the following error:

"Information on executible files of this application is not available. You may have to run the inventory task" .... .which I just did.

Could this be related to my problem of not being able to deny the running of the same application using ASC?

post-604344-1480461114_thumb.jpg

I am having the same issue. Just ran an inventory (with domain admin privileges) on one machine and yet there are no executible files present (see attached screenshot).

All apps were found , according to the Applications Registry section of the computers properties dialog box.

Also, when I find the application under Admin Server>Advanced>Application Management>Application Registry > <app_name> and try to "add to category", I get the following error:

"Information on executible files of this application is not available. You may have to run the inventory task" .... .which I just did.

Could this be related to my problem of not being able to deny the running of the same application using ASC?

Hi,

Could you please provide screenshot of the error, and collect traces in moment of reproduction.

Thank you!

Dear Support Team,

I have the same issue, my console showing Application registry entries but when i try to add into app categories it show the error.

" Information on executible files of this application is not available. You may have to run the inventory task"

see attached images!

Thanks

post-542506-1483612866_thumb.png

post-542506-1483612872_thumb.png

Hi,

Could you please conform that inventory task was successfully completed but the error still reoccurs?

Thank you!

YES! it was successfully completed but error still reoccurs.

Thank you!

YES! it was successfully completed but error still reoccurs.

Thank you!

Hello,

please attach exported result of inventory task, KES and agent policy.

Thank you.

HI,

I have attached exported result of inventory task, KES and agent policy.

Thank you!

Hello!

Please attach the exported result of inventory task.

Thanks!

Hello!

Please attach the exported result of inventory task.

Thanks!

HI,

Please advise how do i get that , i cant see any option of export in inventory task right click menu.

Thanks!

HI,

Please advise how do i get that , i cant see any option of export in inventory task right click menu.

Thanks!

Just choose the task - view results - choose the result and click onto export.

Thanks!

Dear Support Team,

I have the same issue, my console showing Application registry entries but when i try to add into app categories it show the error.

" Information on executible files of this application is not available. You may have to run the inventory task"

see attached images!

Thanks

Hello.

The informatioin available in KSC was collected by the Network Agent, whose capabilities are limited.

To gather full application information from hosts complete with executable files list, set up KES to do so:

1. Enable Application Startup Control

2. In KES policy, Advanced settings, enable "Notify Administration Server about - Started applications"

3. Run Inventory task again (with the former settings enabled, it might take longer than otherwise)

After this, you will be able to see executable files and have KSC associate them with applications.

Thank you.

Hi,

Do you see executable files after you've performed those steps?

What exactly you want to add?

BR

I encountered the same problem.

Application Startup Control is enabled.

In KES policy the "About started application" checkbox is checked.

I'm running KSC 10.4.343 and KES 10.3.0.6294.

In attachment some screenshots of my settings.

1499167448132.remmina-2017-7-26-11:53:30,106953.png

1499167448132.remmina-2017-7-26-11:53:12,499374.png

1499167448132.remmina-2017-7-26-11:52:46,464657.png

1499167448132.remmina-2017-7-26-11:52:13,976393.png

1499167448132.remmina-2017-7-26-11:50:28,611006.png

Edited by maxfranco

i read some other posts on the forum.

In the 'Endpoint control' section of the KES policy i don't see the 'application startup control' settings. In the endpoint security settings on the clients the application startup control' is grayed out.

How can i install the application startup control?

many thanks.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.