Sign in to follow this  
modernizimo

Barclays Offer and no renew button anymore

Hi not sure what to do here, I had the 3 user licence Kaspersky internet Security 2015 from Barclays Bank, its got one day left, so went this morning to Barclays and they've updated their site so no longer see the renew button just an option in for this time a free 2 user 2016 edition of full edition for £6.99. Theres no button at all to renew, so I went with the free edition, put my email address I used last year and downloaded the new version and got the email back saying "Barclays is now verifying your Online Banking details - this typically takes 3-5 days. We'll then email you an Activation Code with instructions on how to access your Kaspersky software, giving you a full 12 months of free protection." I've the uninstalled my current one and gone to install this new one but it still says one day left.

How do I renew please?

Do I just wait 3-5 days and will I get a new code that will renew me or what.

Regards

Phil

I don't use Barclay's but did come across these FAQ's regarding Barclay's & Kaspersky. I have not reviewed the FAQ's but perhaps there is something there that will help. Based on what you said, it sounds like they will be providing the new cord soon.

http://www.kaspersky.co.uk/barclays_faq

Hi not sure what to do here, I had the 3 user licence Kaspersky internet Security 2015 from Barclays Bank, its got one day left, so went this morning to Barclays and they've updated their site so no longer see the renew button just an option in for this time a free 2 user 2016 edition of full edition for £6.99. Theres no button at all to renew, so I went with the free edition, put my email address I used last year and downloaded the new version and got the email back saying "Barclays is now verifying your Online Banking details - this typically takes 3-5 days. We'll then email you an Activation Code with instructions on how to access your Kaspersky software, giving you a full 12 months of free protection." I've the uninstalled my current one and gone to install this new one but it still says one day left.

How do I renew please?

Do I just wait 3-5 days and will I get a new code that will renew me or what.

Regards

Phil

The £6.99 offer is for Kaspersky Total security for 5 devices. Next to this is the free offer for Kaspersky Internet Security for 2 devices, which is free!

The £6.99 offer is for Kaspersky Total security for 5 devices. Next to this is the free offer for Kaspersky Internet Security for 2 devices, which is free!

Yeah I know this but its the renew link that isn't there, I've already got it and even though I completly uninstalled the 2015 edition it still says 1 day left on the new one. So don't know what to do basically.

Sorry about that, made a small boo-boo in my original post.

The Barclays instructions seem to be a bit wonky - Step 4 should bring you to a screen with two options and it's the one of the right you want to select:

post-125560-1452208946_thumb.png

Once you've selected that, just follow the instructions so that they send you a new code.

If you're still having problems, then you're best contacting Barclays online helpdesk directly on 0345 600 23 23 (number taken from the Barclays FAQ in Post #2 above).

Sorry about that, made a small boo-boo in my original post.

The Barclays instructions seem to be a bit wonky - Step 4 should bring you to a screen with two options and it's the one of the right you want to select:

post-125560-1452208946_thumb.png

Once you've selected that, just follow the instructions so that they send you a new code.

If you're still having problems, then you're best contacting Barclays online helpdesk directly on 0345 600 23 23 (number taken from the Barclays FAQ in Post #2 above).

Thanks thats what I clicked on so I guess I'll just have to wait a few days. Do you know if when Kaspersky runs out it offers any anti virus protection at all or should I uninstall and put something like Avast free AV for a couple of days.

Thanks thats what I clicked on so I guess I'll just have to wait a few days. Do you know if when Kaspersky runs out it offers any anti virus protection at all or should I uninstall and put something like Avast free AV for a couple of days.

If you've gone from KIS 2015 to KIS 2016 without activating KIS 2016 with your existing code, then you can use the trial 30 day period as you're going from one version to another. That should tide you over until Barclays send you the code.

If you've gone from KIS 2015 to KIS 2016 without activating KIS 2016 with your existing code, then you can use the trial 30 day period as you're going from one version to another.

I have a different understanding of that. As I recall, it's one trial per product per PC. I don't believe a different version number of the same product qualifies. In this case you could not go from the full blown version of KIS to a trial version of KIS (same product). You could do a trial of Kaspersky Total Security (KTS) since it is a different product.

Perhaps a moderator could clarify this.

I'm sorted now thanks, I got my code today, deleted my old license and put in the new one, only 2 PCs this time but got rid of a laptop and now have chromebook so 2 is enough.

Thanks for the help.

Regards

Phil

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.