SAJFLAD

URL advisor symbols not present in Google search results

Hi

Installed KTS15 yesterday. Noticed that URL advisor symbols appear in various webpages, using chrome, but they do not appear in google search results.

Any ideas please?

GSI report http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...a481ecfa211635e

Regarding 'Geardrvs' in the report, I've run the norton removal tool many times, searched for any items related to symantec/norton, and followed advice about removing entries, yet I can't find where the reported 'geardrvs' is to be able to remove it. It would be handy if the GSI tool gave the pathway to it but it doesn't.

Thanks.

Hi,

Please reove GearDrvs. This is from Symantec (Norton) - not compatible with kaspersky as every AV.

You have MR1 version 15.0.1.415 newer version is MR2 15.0.2.361 is available.

But if you want brand new version Kaspersky Total Security 2016 you can download it from here

Hi,

Please reove GearDrvs. This is from Symantec (Norton) - not compatible with kaspersky as every AV.

You have MR1 version 15.0.1.415 newer version is MR2 15.0.2.361 is available.

But if you want brand new version Kaspersky Total Security 2016 you can download it from here

Hi, thank you for your reply.

I've upgraded to KTS16.

Re Geardrvs, as I say in my post "I've run the norton removal tool many times, searched for any items related to symantec/norton, and followed advice about removing entries, yet I can't find where the reported 'geardrvs' is to be able to remove it. It would be handy if the GSI tool gave the pathway to it but it doesn't."

I know it's not a kasp issue but any ideas about how I can find where the geardrvs object is on my pc so I can remove it?

Thanks.

There is an uninstall link in your GSI under the installed programs tab in system properties, click on Geardrvs to expand it.

Hold the win key & press R, copy and paste this into the run dialog box MsiExec.exe /I{206FD69B-F9FE-4164-81BD-D52552BC9C23}

Click OK and it should start the uninstall process.

There is an uninstall link in your GSI under the installed programs tab in system properties, click on Geardrvs to expand it.

Hold the win key & press R, copy and paste this into the run dialog box MsiExec.exe /I{206FD69B-F9FE-4164-81BD-D52552BC9C23}

Click OK and it should start the uninstall process.

Hi, thank you for your reply. I know it's not a kasp problem, so your help is appreciated.

However, I followed your advice but it didn't work out. When executing the command in the run box, a box comes up headed 'setup,' stating within the box that 'This MSI must be launched through setup.' also having an 'ok' box.

Then after clicking 'ok' a box comes up headed 'fatal error' stating within the box that 'installation ended prematurely because of an error.'

Do you know how I can manually navigate to geardrvs to manually remove it?

Thanks

Edited by totallybaffled

I'm not sure how to manually remove it, maybe a moderator or more experienced user can help you with that.

Also,

That is an inert registry entry, you can ignore it; it is not related to your primary issue. There is information posted in google search results for that, but again, it is not relevant.

If the primary issue is not readily resolvable, please contact Tech Support: https://my.kaspersky.com/en/support/helpdesk

Please attach the following items to your Tech Support request:

a. Description of the issue.

b. Screenshot, as needed.

c. GSI

Thanks Richbuff and others.

I upgraded to KTS16 yesterday and problem resolved, symbols now appear in all search engines I use.

Regards

Edited by richbuff
You're welcome; I am glad that this is resolved. This is closed as resolved; please post anew if need be. :)