MikeL

KSC 10 SP1 [Solved]

I can't install the plugin for "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows Workstations: Service Pack 1 (version 10.2.2.10535)" to a KSC 10 SP1 Console. The setup for klcfginst.exe runs without prompt, but doesn't install. Any suggestions?

Please check in the properties of the KSC if this plugin is already installed.

It will be installed during installation of the KSC.

Please check in the properties of the KSC if this plugin is already installed.

It will be installed during installation of the KSC.

The only plugins installed are:

"Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition 8.0.1.923"

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows 10.1.0.867"

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Maintenance Release 1 for Windows 10.2.1.23"

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 for Mobile 10.5.111.454"

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows 8.1.0.1042"

"Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server 10.2.434"

"Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent 10.2.434"

"Management of iOS-based mobile devices 10.1.254.0"

"Managing mobile devices via Exchange server 10.1.249.0"

The only plugins installed are:

"Kaspersky Anti-Virus 8.0 for Windows Servers Enterprise Edition 8.0.1.923"

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 for Windows 10.1.0.867"

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Maintenance Release 1 for Windows 10.2.1.23"

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 for Mobile 10.5.111.454"

"Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows 8.1.0.1042"

"Kaspersky Security Center Administration Server 10.2.434"

"Kaspersky Security Center Network Agent 10.2.434"

"Management of iOS-based mobile devices 10.1.254.0"

"Managing mobile devices via Exchange server 10.1.249.0"

Hello.

Please clarify what kind of installation you did (upgrade or clean), what distribution you used, and whether you have an entry for KES SP1 in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\28\Plugins]

Hello.

Please clarify what kind of installation you did (upgrade or clean), what distribution you used, and whether you have an entry for KES SP1 in

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\KasperskyLab\Components\28\Plugins]

This was an upgrade. I see a plugin for "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 for Windows Console Plug-in". Should I delete it, then reinstall the installation again?

This was an upgrade. I see a plugin for "Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10 Service Pack 1 for Windows Console Plug-in". Should I delete it, then reinstall the installation again?

What version were you upgrading from? Were there errors?

Please try and reinstall the plug-in, then let us know the result.

I attempted to uninstall KSC 10 Console, then reinstalling. The results are the same... the plugin will not install. Any ideas? This is on a Windows 8.1 machine.

I attempted to uninstall KSC 10 Console, then reinstalling. The results are the same... the plugin will not install. Any ideas? This is on a Windows 8.1 machine.

Hello,

could You answer questions asked by Kirill ?

Thank You.

What version were you upgrading from? Were there errors?

Please try and reinstall the plug-in, then let us know the result.

I was upgrading from the latest version of KSC 10. No errors were reported during the upgrade. Thanks

I just got the issue resolved. I took the Plugin registry settings from the KSC server, imported them into the KSC Console client, used the uninstall string for the problematic plugin, uninstalling it. Then reinstalled the plugin successfully.

There were a few little "try this, try that" attempts at trying various things between, but in the end, that's basically what happened.

I just got the issue resolved. I took the Plugin registry settings from the KSC server, imported them into the KSC Console client, used the uninstall string for the problematic plugin, uninstalling it. Then reinstalled the plugin successfully.

There were a few little "try this, try that" attempts at trying various things between, but in the end, that's basically what happened.

As I understood You found this plugin in registry, and deleted this. And then installed again.

Is it correct?

As I understood You found this plugin in registry, and deleted this. And then installed again.

Is it correct?

Originally I attempted to just delete the registry entry for the plugin, then reinstall it, but this didn't work. Afterwards, I attempted to uninstall KSC Console, then reinstall, which didn't work either. So after this, I tried to do a hack job at copying the plugin folder and the plugin registry settings from the KSC server to the KSC Console computer, but this didn't resolve the issue. Then I took the uninstall string for that plugin from the imported registry settings "msiexec.exe /x{CDFB0ED9-B553-4212-82DB-F244E8F39487} /qb", uninstalled the plugin, then reinstalled it. This seemed to have resolved the problem.

Originally I attempted to just delete the registry entry for the plugin, then reinstall it, but this didn't work. Afterwards, I attempted to uninstall KSC Console, then reinstall, which didn't work either. So after this, I tried to do a hack job at copying the plugin folder and the plugin registry settings from the KSC server to the KSC Console computer, but this didn't resolve the issue. Then I took the uninstall string for that plugin from the imported registry settings "msiexec.exe /x{CDFB0ED9-B553-4212-82DB-F244E8F39487} /qb", uninstalled the plugin, then reinstalled it. This seemed to have resolved the problem.

Thank You for sharing info.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.