george.h

Anto-spam database not updated - compilation error [In progress]

Hi,

I've just noticed that Kaspersky Security Centre 5.5 for Exchange Server 2003 (SBS 2003 actually, Exchange version is 6.5.7654.4) has been logging the following error every time it tries to update the anti-spam database (every hour):

Update resulted in an error, anti-spam database has not been updated: compilation failed. (screen shot attached)

It seems this error has been going on for quite some time. I've been trawling through the KB and posts on the forum and tried the action listed in KB articles 4556 and 1980, but neither have worked.

Does anyone have any further suggestions? Officially support in the UK is provided through Wick Hill, but frankly I may as well stick it in a bottle and throw it in the sea - that is more likely to get response before they give one.

Attached is a screen shot of the last manual update I tried and a diagnostic log from yesterday. The following lines in the log appear to stand out:

16:28:56: Getting user defined sites information from file 'C:/Program Files/Kaspersky Lab/Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Exchange Server/sites.xml' (using <site2> tag)

16:28:56: Read from file failed, because unable to open 'C:/Program Files/Kaspersky Lab/Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Exchange Server/sites.xml', last error 2

16:28:56: Failed to read XML sites configuration file 'C:/Program Files/Kaspersky Lab/Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Exchange Server/sites.xml'

16:28:56: Failed to get user defined sites information from file C:/Program Files/Kaspersky Lab/Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Exchange Server/sites.xml

16:28:56: Getting user defined sites information from file 'C:/Program Files/Kaspersky Lab/Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Exchange Server/asbases/transport/updcfg.xml' (using <site2> tag)

16:28:56: Read from file failed, because unable to open 'C:/Program Files/Kaspersky Lab/Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Exchange Server/asbases/transport/updcfg.xml', last error 2

16:28:56: Failed to read XML sites configuration file 'C:/Program Files/Kaspersky Lab/Kaspersky Security for Microsoft Exchange Server/asbases/transport/updcfg.xml'

16:28:56: Using hardcoded source list

Kaspersky Security Centre version is 5.5.1388.0

Any help would be appreciated.

George

_UPD.LOG

post-376085-1406196602_thumb.jpg

Edited by george.h

Hi,

Please create a request at KL Support an attach all previously collected logs to it.

Please tell us the number.

Thank you!

This version is not supported anymore.

Hi Helmut,

Thanks for the definitive answer which explains what I'm seeing.

Interesting how one of Kaspersky's resellers quite happily sold us (via WickHill) a new 12 month license for this on 20th June 2014 - didn't say a word about it being End of Life and no more database updates as of 31/12/2013. That I find quite annoying - that Kaspersky (albeit via their authorised resellers) will quite happily take money and issue licenses for an end of life product.

Hmmm...

It will be a moot point soon anyway when we decommission Exchange 2003 and move to Exchange On-Line.

Edited by george.h

Interesting that the last anti-virus database was created on 20/06/2014 and the last anti-spam database was created on 13/05/2014.

But as I said, all going to be moot as I need to get our mail off Exchange 2003 so we can finally (!) complete our migration to Windows 7 Pro 64-bit and Office 2013.

Edited by george.h

I too will be migrating off of Exchange 2003 later this year and was happily sold antivirus and spam protection that says it expires in two years from now.

This is bull that the protection is not updated as we are experiencing a boat load of spam now.

Please specify have You created a request?

What is it`s number?

Thank You.

I attempted to create an incident with the correct Kaspersky software - it wasn't listed. However here is the incident I was able to create using the wrong software title - INC000003401712. I need the spam module and antivirus in this product to work for at least till the end of October.

I attempted to create an incident with the correct Kaspersky software - it wasn't listed. However here is the incident I was able to create using the wrong software title - INC000003401712. I need the spam module and antivirus in this product to work for at least till the end of October.

Hello.

Your incident has been assigned to an engineer and is being processed now.

Please expect a reply in the case soon.

Incident INC000003401712 was created and the answer provided was to download Rescue Disk 10 and the incident closed by Kaspersky.

HOW is that supposed to get the spam and virus databases updated on version 5.5 for Exchange?

Kaspersky was glad to take my money for mail server protection of Exchange 2003 at the beginning of this year. So why did they not tell me it was not supported? I wont have Exchange 2010 running for at least 2 more months. This is not acceptable.

Hello.

The thing is that the best way for You is to update to an actuall supported version.

It is absolutely free of charge.

Thank You.

That is the problem - you do not have one that works on Exchange 2003. I would of done that first. I cannot migrate for another 2 months to Exchange 2010.

Sorry, it`s just the way it is. Bases are not produced for non supported products.

Thank You for Your understanding.

Sorry, it`s just the way it is. Bases are not produced for non supported products.

Thank You for Your understanding.

Hello, we also have the same problem and were sold licenses for a three year period ending in 2016. It really is not acceptable to say 'sorry it's just the way it is'. Rather you should be trying to be more customer focused and helpful if you wish to keep customers. I know I can't recommend Kaspersky to management based upon lack of support. Sorry, it's just the way it is.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.