ryant324

Excluding a Folder from Real-Time Scanning

Hey guys,

I am running Kaspersky Internet Security 2014 on Windows 7. I am trying to figure out how to eliminate an entire folder and its subdirectories from being scanned. I tried to read the following article but still couldn't figure it out.

http://support.kaspersky.com/us/10017#block2

I am learning the C programming language, and whenever I compile or recompile a program, it takes a long time before the program runs. It only happens on the first run: all subsequent runs are instant. I know it is Kaspersky because I turned off Kaspersky and the problem was alleviated. One of my simple C programs, which contained several nested loops, took 26 seconds before it ran.

Someone told me I needed to create an exclusion rule, but I couldn't exactly figure it out from the above link. I am trying to make sure that any program I run in a folder (or subfolder) is excluded from being scanned on the spot.

I'd also like to ask some additional information that you guys don't have to answer if you don't know. Why are these simple programs taking so long to scan? If I would make a C program and send it to an end user and they were using Kaspersky, would it take just as long to run? Why don't programs I install take so long to run?

If anyone knows the answer to those questions, that would be awesome, but if not, I just want to know how to exclude a folder from being scanned in real time.

Thanks,

Ryan

Just to clarify, I am not talking about a normal scan. I am talking about the instant scan that is done when a program is run.

Due to compiling process...

Try to add your compiler in a trusted apps list. To create an Exclusion please go to Kaspersky Settings – Additional – Threats and Exclusions – Manage trusted applications – Add – browse a path to the executable and check all five boxes.

Didn't work : /

The slowness is not when I compile the program, but when I run the resulting program for the first time.

Here is an image of my Kaspersky settings and compling and running the program. It doesn't have the delay just for this program, but for all programs I run. The more advanced, the longer it takes.

HrCapMT.jpg

The path in the "trusted apps" list is the same path used in the command prompt.

Hopefully we can figure this out.

Thanks,

Ryan

Edited by RyanTK

Just want to reiterate, in case I didn't make it clear enough:

"The slowness is not when I compile the program, but when I run the resulting program for the first time."

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.