Mewburn

Kaspersky - Fundamentally Flawed?

Dear all,

Most of the issues are currently being investigated by our developers or already have been fixed and resolution will be included into our next Maintenance Release or Private Fixes. Each issue has to be investigated individually as its cause can be different. Could you please provide us with your case submitted regarding the mentioned issues and we will try to provide you with an update on it?

When can we expect the next Maintenance Release? I've been told it should be available on the 15th, next Tuesday, Correct?

As for currently opened tickets.... Just look up my CompanyAccount, it'll be quicker than typeing them all out.

Hello Michael.

Unfortunately we can't provide you any more precise information than this article: - http://support.kaspersky.com/10002

Could you please post one of your incidents' numbers in this topic?

One that we have on one of our test servers for FSEE: INC000002225504 I can't trust the product on our other servers until I know its going to work consistantly. for 500 servers we have rolled this out to 25 of them so far... of those issues with Corruption are the major issue holding me back from pushing this out to more. I have a roughly 10% failure on those systems for the Update Database tasks.

When the product works, it works GREAT, my problem is getting it to work, and getting it to stay working. this is an issue with both FSEE8 and KES10.

One that we have on one of our test servers for FSEE: INC000002225504 I can't trust the product on our other servers until I know its going to work consistantly. for 500 servers we have rolled this out to 25 of them so far... of those issues with Corruption are the major issue holding me back from pushing this out to more. I have a roughly 10% failure on those systems for the Update Database tasks.

When the product works, it works GREAT, my problem is getting it to work, and getting it to stay working. this is an issue with both FSEE8 and KES10.

Hello,

The last record in the case states that no reboot was needed, it just auto corrected after weeks of corruption. Please reply in the case if you still experience the same issue sometimes as it is currently in pending state.

Here i was thinking it was just me that was having problems with Kaspersky, but i'm glad this thread has been started. I too came from an organisation where Sophos was used and i have to say the difference between the 2 products is huge.

I find the support for Kaspersky to be extremely slow. and what is more amazing is you can't upgrade from a previous version of Kaspersky to v.10 Instead you have to uninstall v.8, restart the PC, install v.10, restart the PC, update KES and then restart the PC again!

Here i was thinking it was just me that was having problems with Kaspersky, but i'm glad this thread has been started. I too came from an organisation where Sophos was used and i have to say the difference between the 2 products is huge.

I find the support for Kaspersky to be extremely slow. and what is more amazing is you can't upgrade from a previous version of Kaspersky to v.10 Instead you have to uninstall v.8, restart the PC, install v.10, restart the PC, update KES and then restart the PC again!

Hello,

Actually it supports upgrade even from version 6.0.4.1611. Please have a look at related article (http://support.kaspersky.com/9488).

Hello!

We are very sorry for the delay. Your incident INC000001896891 has been updated and the private fix for this problem was issued. Please check your Company Account.

As for upgrades, you are free to migrate to newer versions of Kaspersky Security Center 9 and even to Kaspersky Security Center 10, but please re-apply your private fix and everything will work fine.

Unfortunately we are unable to provide you the information about this fix being incorporated into next release of KES4MAC just yet.

Unfortunately, this fix did not work, either. We are approaching 16 months of having a product that we still cannot use in production. In what world is this acceptable?

Unfortunately, this fix did not work, either. We are approaching 16 months of having a product that we still cannot use in production. In what world is this acceptable?

Hello!

It is very strange that pf didn't work. Please, collect traces http://support.kaspersky.com/4473 after installing the patch and attach these traces to the INC.

Thank you!

Funny. So 6.0.4.1611 can be upgraded to 10, but to go from 10 to 10 MR1, it's uninstall/reinstall.

No, you can install the KES 10 MR1 directly over KES 10 (build 867).

No, you can install the KES 10 MR1 directly to the KES 10 (build 867).

This is correct. MR1 will be able to be installed directly over KES10 via installation package. Unfortunately people with encryption will have to decrypt and re-encrypt their drives.

Then there seems to be some confusion...

Posts from KL in this thread say you have to uninstall 10 to install the final build of MR1.

http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?showtopic=275330

I double-checked this information. SC MR1 will be able to be installed directly over SC10. I performed an upgrade in a virtual environment. In fact, you can perform any of these actions. You can either upgrade or backup and re-install

I double-checked this information. SC MR1 will be able to be installed directly over SC10. I performed an upgrade in a virtual environment. In fact, you can perform any of these actions. You can either upgrade or backup and re-install

are you talking about SC (Security Center) 10 MR1 oder about KES (Endpoint Security) 10 MR1?

Wow, and I though we were special with 10 months without a successful role out in production. Enterprise support within Kaspersky is simply non-existent. Even our local Kaspersky branch complains that they have no way to effectively escalate to the experts in Moscow. All they can do is hope and pray for a private fix to be released in due time. There are no SLAs, no tier 1-2-3 support with clearly defined escalation paths. This whole experience makes me wish we never made this purchase. Instead of complaining here I probably should go talk to our legal department and file for a full refund because of malpractice.

Edited by RichieB2B

Wow, and I though we were special with 10 months without a successful role out in production. Enterprise support within Kaspersky is simply non-existent. Even our local Kaspersky branch complains that they have no way to effectively escalate to the experts in Moscow. All they can do is hope and pray for a private fix to be released in due time. There are no SLAs, no tier 1-2-3 support with clearly defined escalation paths. This whole experience makes me wish we never made this purchase. Instead of complaining here I probably should go talk to our legal department and file for a full refund because of malpractice.

We are not to far from doing the same. We are only 4 months into the process, but the product just isn't ready for large enterprise use yet. I'm sure its great in the small business market, and I've had good luck with it in the home market. but on a large global scale, Kaspersky just isn't ready to play with the big boys on a support or useability front.

May I please ask you to post one of your INC numbers in this topic?

May I please ask you to poast one of your INC numbers in this topic?

INC000002212398 is about a network agent not working filed 3 weeks ago. Another nice enterprise example is INC000002260753 about using the Vulnerability Monitor / Scan without the results being visible to the end user. It seems that this can't be done.

Edited by RichieB2B

INC000002212398 is about a network agent not working filed 3 weeks ago. Another nice enterprise example is INC000002260753 about using the Vulnerability Monitor / Scan without the results being visible to the end user. It seems that this can't be done.

Please accept our apologies for the delay. We will provide you with the status update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

Please accept our apologies for the delay. We will provide you with the status update as soon as possible.

Thank you for your co-operation and understanding.

I don't know about RichieB2B, but I hear this an awful lot, or I'll hear, that will be in the upcoming MR1 release... What I don't hear all that often is 'Here is how you fix this issue'

So glad I'm not the only one who feels this way....I'm sitting on 7,000 clients and I feel like I'm beta testing this.

Kaspersky, before you push a product out, make sure you are willing to force every one of your own internal users onto it....next time my sales guy or his tech rep shows up and doesn't have KES10 on his laptop I am not going to be kind to him.

I know how you feel. I'm not sitting on 7,000... But I am sitting on 340 Point of Sale Devices. This software has crashed every proc (program/control) our point of sale application. We had a gentlemen setup a single use copy on our test lab, and it worked like a dream. But with Kaspersky Security Center- it just fails. Its been almost 4 months since we contacted support the first time.

Hello,

An update has been provided in INC000002212398 please have a look and I am following INC000002260753 at the moment.

I know how you feel. I'm not sitting on 7,000... But I am sitting on 340 Point of Sale Devices. This software has crashed every proc (program/control) our point of sale application. We had a gentlemen setup a single use copy on our test lab, and it worked like a dream. But with Kaspersky Security Center- it just fails. Its been almost 4 months since we contacted support the first time.

Same experience, in our lab it worked great....once we let it escape into production it went crazy.

Same experience, in our lab it worked great....once we let it escape into production it went crazy.

Same here. I think it was written this way on purpose:

if(this.lab==TRUE)
  behave;
else if(customer.paid==TRUE)
  go(crazy);

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.