HARIN NAMASIVAYAM

KPM 7.0.0.233 license

I am running KPM v5 at present (along with KIS 2013).

When will KPM v7 be officially supported?

Do I need to purchase a new license for v7? Will the license for v5 apply on v7?

In 2011 I purchased Kaspersky Password Manager5.0. Kaspersky Password Manager 7.0 does not accept my activation key!

In 2011 I purchased Kaspersky Password Manager5.0. Kaspersky Password Manager 7.0 does not accept my activation key!

Since I created the last post I have been using the free version of KPM 7.

I have not tried entering the KPM 5 license.

I am getting an annoying "cannot be synched' message although KPM 7 has synched and allowed full access through KIS 2013 firewall!

KPM5 license isn't suitable for KPM7.

Since I created the last post I have been using the free version of KPM 7.

I have not tried entering the KPM 5 license.

I am getting an annoying "cannot be synched' message although KPM 7 has synched and allowed full access through KIS 2013 firewall!

It is supported already for the US and the UK where it was released few days ago.

So I bought the KPM version 5.0! (License does not expire)

Why not be good for the 7.0 release?

This question, about licensing for this particular product, comes up frequently.

Let's take a look and see what we have.

Kaspersky products: A lot of Kaspersky products have a time length subscription. After a year (or two or more) expires, the license expires. Time to renew/purchase again. And, upgrade to the current product is free, with the current license.

So, with this scheme, the end result is: Periodic cost happens when purchase again/renew again happens after a year, or two years, or three years, along with the activation of the current version of the product.

Next, Kaspersky Password Manager. Let's see what we have. It looks like the license never expires. The license is good forever. But, when new product comes out, upgrade is not free.

So, with this scheme, the end result is: Periodic cost happens when purchase new product happens after a year, or after some similar time.

Now, we look at the overall picture: Either way, periodic cost occurs. Periodic cost to purchase another year of time, or periodic cost to purchase the new product.

Final result: Either way, periodic cost occurs. Same end result: There is no forever free lunch. :)

Why? Why do some Kaspersky products cost to purchase fresh, new time; and Kaspersky Password Manager costs to purchase fresh, new product? Ask Marketing. Maybe they will tell you.

This deception of customers! Kaspersky never see you! SYMANTEC is the direction in which free lunch is Norton Identity Safe! Now you can also buy Norton Internet Security 2014, which is Support Firefox 24! :cb_punk:

Dude, you bought version 5 and have a lifetime licence for version 5. This is version 7.

Are you really expecting someone to keep making new software and give it to you for free for the rest of your life?

I know what I bought and I didn't expected to get 7 version for free,just an upgrade discount.Something similar with Lamantine Software offer,if you see my point.

Do I have any chance of getting this offer?

I know what I bought and I didn't expected to get 7 version for free,just an upgrade discount.Something similar with Lamantine Software offer,if you see my point.

I am not a moderator; but I thought I should mention that the first 15 accounts are free. KPM version 7 runs very smoothly on WIN 7 64.

KPM5 license isn't suitable for KPM7.

Hi,

so is this possible: upgrade our KPM5 license to new KPM7 with some discount ? or ?

Dude, you bought version 5 and have a lifetime licence for version 5. This is version 7.

Are you really expecting someone to keep making new software and give it to you for free for the rest of your life?

The usual software licence is for the life major release (e.g. version 5, when version 6 is released the licence is no longer valid. That is normal, and is a standard business practice. However when I was researching password managers, it appeared that this was not the case for Kaspersky. As has been stated, how can a company continue to provide free updates with out a fresh cashflow? Of course there are the free password managers such as Norton!

I have also had the licence validation issue. I sent a message to customer service, requesting information. They have confirmed that the licence is valid and requested I send screenshots to them. I have a feeling that this is something unexpected.

For customer service I think that is wonderful, they are honouring at least for now their commitment to a buy once lifetime licence promise.

Best regards

Sleuth

I have bought my PW v5 just 3 month ago. I won't pay another 50€ for a product that I just used for 3 month. In that case I switch back to Symantec.

Despite "Customer Service" saying that the licence was valid, it now appears it isn't.

I will now think about looking for a different Password Manager.

I bought password manager 5, but no support for firefox 24.

So I decided to buy a licence for password manager 7, but it is instable on my windows 8 computer an it totally unstable and not working on my ipad.

I paid 15 dollars for what? For an alpha betatest? I want a return of my money, this is like throwing away 15 dollars on the streets.

I am totally unsatisfied with kaspersky. First no support for firefox 24 in password manager 5 which I bought for 50 dollars and now this!!!!

I bought password manager 5, but no support for firefox 24.

So I decided to buy a licence for password manager 7, but it is instable on my windows 8 computer an it totally unstable and not working on my ipad.

I paid 15 dollars for what? For an alpha betatest? I want a return of my money, this is like throwing away 15 dollars on the streets.

I am totally unsatisfied with kaspersky. First no support for firefox 24 in password manager 5 which I bought for 50 dollars and now this!!!!

It will be a new build compatible with FF24.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.