kolobashkin

Update KB2823324

Hello all , when i launch it , nothing append , no screen etc.. , i ran it as administrator but same issue

I don't if it applied or not

thank for your hel

Hi

I had the same problem.

I lunched it and nothing happened

I had to uninstall the microsoft update that everyone is talking about for the issue to be rectified.

Assuming you've configured KAV with a password, and you run the patch from a command prompt with a password, the only behavior you will see is it will unload KAV. Open the KAV app, then run the patch, and you should see it immediately closes KAV. Then reboot.

Thanks

i run it with the password

kav6mp4_fix_kb2823324.exe passwordstratégy

it's working

the patch disable kav

re enable it with the licence

reboot , last chkdsk

seem to working !

Hope we will have an official patch to push it on the server

This is probably one of the most frustrating situations. I have been uninstalling KB2823324 from tons of computers in my school. Now I got to this HP Workstation and Windows Update records KB2823324 being installed on April 10, 2013, but in the place to uninstall updates it is nowhere to be found.

We are using Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations 6.0.4.1424 and therefor the Fix kav6mp4_...b2823324.zip definitly did not work.

I have 2 computers with Windows 7 and KAV for windows workstations 6.0.4 and they had this problem:

Every time the computer starts it do a chkdsk scan.

When Windows starts, KAV didn't recognizes the key.

A error 55 from ntfs appears in the windows event log

Here is how I solved it:

Uninstall the KB2823324 update

Press F8 while the computer reboots and enter in repair mode

Select boot repair.

When it finish the computer will reboot and chkdsk won't appear.

Now you only have to enter the license key to the antivirus and problem solved

I have 2 computers with Windows 7 and KAV for windows workstations 6.0.4 and they had this problem:

Every time the computer starts it do a chkdsk scan.

When Windows starts, KAV didn't recognizes the key.

A error 55 from ntfs appears in the windows event log

Here is how I solved it:

Uninstall the KB2823324 update

Press F8 while the computer reboots and enter in repair mode

Select boot repair.

When it finish the computer will reboot and chkdsk won't appear.

Now you only have to enter the license key to the antivirus and problem solved

This is a great solution when you have fewer than 10 computers but I work for a city with 1000+. We are now pushing a script to remove the offending MS patch.

This is probably one of the most frustrating situations. I have been uninstalling KB2823324 from tons of computers in my school. Now I got to this HP Workstation and Windows Update records KB2823324 being installed on April 10, 2013, but in the place to uninstall updates it is nowhere to be found.

Hello try this:

wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:2823324 /promptrestart

Dear all,

Kaspersky Lab informs you that upon installing Microsoft KB2823324 update (dated 08.04.2013) on the following operating systems:

Microsoft Windows Vista x32/x64,

Microsoft Windows 7 x32/x64,

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x32/x64,

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2

the following situations may happen:

1. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Server version 6.0.4.1424 and 6.0.4.1611 displays the message: "Your license is not valid. Protection disabled." As a result, some or all protection components stop functioning.

2. the chkdsk utility is launched on a computer with Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Server version 6.0.4.1424, 6.0.4.1611 or Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows version 8.1.0.831 each time the operating system is started.

Kaspersky Lab experts are now investigating this issue. The company uses its best efforts to solve the issue as soon as possible.

As a temporary solution, we recommend not to install KB2823324 update or uninstall it before restarting the computer.

KB articles:

"Your license is not valid. Protection disabled" message is displayed after installing KB2823324 update

The chkdsk utility is launched after the computer is restarted upon KB2823324 update installation

Update

Please read this KB Microsoft article

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2839011/en-us

Dear all,

Kaspersky Lab informs you that upon installing Microsoft KB2823324 update (dated 08.04.2013) on the following operating systems:

Microsoft Windows Vista x32/x64,

Microsoft Windows 7 x32/x64,

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 x32/x64,

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2

the following situations may happen:

1. Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Server version 6.0.4.1424 and 6.0.4.1611 displays the message: "Your license is not valid. Protection disabled." As a result, some or all protection components stop functioning.

2. the chkdsk utility is launched on a computer with Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Server version 6.0.4.1424, 6.0.4.1611 or Kaspersky Endpoint Security 8 for Windows version 8.1.0.831 each time the operating system is started.

Kaspersky Lab experts are now investigating this issue. The company uses its best efforts to solve the issue as soon as possible.

As a temporary solution, we recommend not to install KB2823324 update or uninstall it before restarting the computer.

KB articles:

"Your license is not valid. Protection disabled" message is displayed after installing KB2823324 update

The chkdsk utility is launched after the computer is restarted upon KB2823324 update installation

Update

Please read this KB Microsoft article

You are welcome to participate in testing the patch addresses the issues arisen after KB2823324 is installed.

In order to install the patch please follow this instruction:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Servers versions 6.0.4.1424 and 6.0.4.1611

1. Download and unzip kav6mp4_fix_kb2823324.zip

2. Read the EULA.

3. If you agree with EULA, install patch as described in KB9844.

4. After the patch is applied, reboot the affected computers.

5. If the chkdsk utility is launched upon restart, let it complete the disk scanning.

6. After the reboot, the license has to be added automatically and the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows version 8.1.0.831

1. Download and unzip patch_pf98.zip

2. Read the EULA.

3. If you agree with EULA, install the patch as described in KB8755.

4. After the patch is applied reboot the affected computers.

5. If the chkdsk utility is launched upon restart, let it complete the disk scanning.

6. After the reboot, the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

Please inform us about the result.

Thank you for cooperation.

Mikhsil - is there a way to remove the KAV patch in case it botches something - we have several critical production servers which I am concerned about - even though we have tested in non prod - thaks!~ if so please post removal instructions

i have a question.

the patch pf98 from kaspersky what do? simply disable the chkdsk but the status of the disk remain dirty or repair kaspersky and after a scan disk the disk appear clean?

i won't disable the function of scanning the disk if it is not properly shutdown

You are welcome to participate in testing the patch addresses the issues arisen after KB2823324 is installed.

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations / Servers versions 6.0.4.1424 and 6.0.4.1611

2. Read the EULA.

6. After the reboot, the license has to be added automatically and the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

2. Read the EULA.

6. After the reboot, the chkdsk utility is no longer due to be launched while subsequent rebooting.

I applied the patch on My server 2008 R2 HAV v 1611. The databases are not updating with Kaspersky current signatures - but I still receive an invalid license. is there any solution? I am at least glad the signatures are updating and no chkdsk

Upgrading to Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows Version 10 (10.1.0.867) solved our issue. After upgrading, we no longer get the CHKDSK issue on reboot.

Hope this helps.

-

Brian Flores

Cognetic

Hi all, I have this problem on many machines. I have applied the patch and yes it does stop chkdsk from running on startup, but it still has broken system restore. When I try to roll back to any previous date I get the chkdks prompt and the nasty cycle repeats itself. Scan, no errors,reboot. THIS IS NOT A FIX! Seriously you must know this.

gmcgowan

Mikhsil - is there a way to remove the KAV patch in case it botches something - we have several critical production servers which I am concerned about - even though we have tested in non prod - thaks!~ if so please post removal instructions

http://support.kaspersky.com/8755 section Uninstalling the patch

gmcgowan

I applied the patch on My server 2008 R2 HAV v 1611. The databases are not updating with Kaspersky current signatures - but I still receive an invalid license. is there any solution? I am at least glad the signatures are updating and no chkdsk

Run key installation task once again. Or install the key locally.

1Canuck

Hi all, I have this problem on many machines. I have applied the patch and yes it does stop chkdsk from running on startup, but it still has broken system restore. When I try to roll back to any previous date I get the chkdks prompt and the nasty cycle repeats itself. Scan, no errors,reboot. THIS IS NOT A FIX! Seriously you must know this.

Have you let the chkdsk complete the scanning?

Do you get the following error http

://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...e-e9a92bee76d8?

This MS article might be helpful then http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows...start-correctly

1Canuck

Have you let the chkdsk complete the scanning?

Yes, I have let the chkdsk run to completion every time to make sure there were no errors on the disks as it was of course possible for some hardware failure at the same time or because of some other issue. There are no errors on any of the disks on any of the machines I have running your software, I ran your fix and the chkdsk does not run now on it's own at startup, but if I try to use system restore it gives me a prompt that I must run chkdsk, I ran chkdsk and then ran system restore and system restore errors out saying it can not run as there is corruption on the disk and must run chkdsk. Is no one else experiencing this with system restore?

2. Read the EULA.

2. Read the EULA.

:bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Thank you,Mikhail (Miguel ,for us ,the Spaniards)

It´s really working

A lot of PC with this problem in my network.

Solved now and redirecting to you people from forums looking for this Microsoft improvement.

greetings from Madrid. :beer: :beer:

blackknight.es

Glad to hear that :) .

It is recommended to uinistall the update KB2823324.

We recommend that customers uninstall update 2823324, which is provided in Microsoft Security bulletin MS13-036. This article provides multiple methods to uninstall the update.

blackknight.es

Glad to hear that :) .

It is recommended to uinistall the update KB2823324.

Hi,

i have some PC's win KAS8 and 10. Unistall KB2823324 is not the solution for all problems. (also upgrading to 10 etc)

Still remain one network problem (at least) : printer shared trought server connection doesnt work. (pointing IP directly yes) ... if anyone could test this i'd appreciate.

Since now i unistalled all versions, waiting for final procedure.

tks

Upgrading to Kaspersky Endpoint Security for Windows Version 10 (10.1.0.867) solved our issue. After upgrading, we no longer get the CHKDSK issue on reboot.

Hope this helps.

-

Brian Flores

Cognetic

Hi Brian, double-check your client machines 'Full Scan' setting. If they were set to run 'Every Week' scans (on a particular day) they will now run a 'Full Scan' nearly every day!

Kaspersky are aware of this bug with EP10, as a workaround I'm changing scan settings from weekly to run 'Days' (setting to 7).

We've been running into this issue as well on KAV v.6 MP4 and KES v.8 (I'm not sure if both 831 and 646.)

Has anyone had this issue with Endpoint Security 10?

I've just installed the latest Security Center and install package, and I'm wondering if I should start deploying it to avoid these issues. (I'm trying it with a few computers.)

Hi Ben, EP10 definitely sorts this problem as I've been rolling it out rather than installing the 'unsupported' pf82 Kaspersky fix.

Just be aware that EP10 contains a bug with scanning weekly (see above).

2. Read the EULA.

2. Read the EULA.

For all people who it doesnt work , check my update just below. I solve all computers who still give error 57 and chkdsk .

You might First check the status of kaspersy in the systray if it,s grey you migh turn in enable state (red) to install hotfix .

If its the case open the control center . Check if licence status is valid .if its not the case , you must give back licence file .it will give an error the licence file is allready install .do cancell and licence file status will be o,k,

After that , from control center ,check if active protection is enable . If it's not , perform an update . It will turn on the Kaspersky active protection to ON. (red in systray).

Finaly you can proceed to "'Mikhail Kolobashkin' procedure above . (Dont forget password string in case you have installed password protection to your software.)

Enjoy !!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.