Okashi

[pf106]Window 8 won't boot after installing Kaspersky Endpoint security 10 [Solved]

Window 8 won't boot after installing Kaspersky Endpoint security 10. I had to system restore tithe point with no kasprrsky installed in order to boot into window 8.

Can you be please more specific on this question.

1. What hardware you have installed KES10 on? Notebook? If so - what is the vendor?

2. BSOD? Was the OS able to boot in a safe mode?

3. What set of protection components have you installed?

4. Have you instaleld the network agent?

5. Were there any KSC policies applied to the computer?

I have a similar problem that after installation of KES10, restarting or booting after installation of drivers or Windows 8 patches, the machine doesn't boot anymore. Trying to repair the machine with restorepoint removes Kaspersky... i was reinstalling KES10 that often, that my 10 machine license ran invalid.

I am using a Samsung Series 9 900X3C with all standard-drivers installed. I did not boot with safe-mode option yet. Bios-setting fastboot enabled/disabled doesnt change anything with the problem. I have installed all protection components of KES10 and I dont use any other, Windows Defender is disabled. I have not applied any KSC policies.

I have a similar problem that after installation of KES10, restarting or booting after installation of drivers or Windows 8 patches, the machine doesn't boot anymore. Trying to repair the machine with restorepoint removes Kaspersky... i was reinstalling KES10 that often, that my 10 machine license ran invalid.

I am using a Samsung Series 9 900X3C with all standard-drivers installed. I did not boot with safe-mode option yet. Bios-setting fastboot enabled/disabled doesnt change anything with the problem. I have installed all protection components of KES10 and I dont use any other, Windows Defender is disabled. I have not applied any KSC policies.

1. Was the encryption (FDE or FLE) enabled?

2. Os is not booting, or crashing during reboot?

If OS is crashing, I suggest to contact technical support, and provide complete memory dump.

Support contacts:

http://support.kaspersky.com/support/busin...upport_contacts

2. Os is not booting, or crashing during reboot?

If OS is crashing, I suggest to contact technical support, and provide complete memory dump.

Support contacts:

http://support.kaspersky.com/support/busin...upport_contacts

Hi hope this topic is still open.. I also had this case with some of our newly purchased Samsung Series 5 Ultra Laptops.. after remote installation of KES 10, Windows 8 will not boot and I had to do a System RESTORE to roll back..

We have a dozen of Windows 8 users but this case only happens to this using Samsung laptops others like Acer, Lenovo laptops user are ok with KES 10 installed..

What our vendor did was to replace the HD (weird for a new unit).. after replacement same case ...totally weird..

Some Details:

Tests 1:

FAIL

1. Samsung Units purchased with preinstalled Windows 8 Single Languange.

2. Upgraded 2 units from Windows 8 Single Languange to Windows 8 Pro (with valid OEM).

3. Installed KES 10 successfully.

4. Restart - Windows 8 will not boot..

Tests 2:

SUCCESS!!!!

1. Samsung Units purchased with preinstalled Windows 8 Single Languange.

2. No Upgrade on OS.

3. Installed KES 10 successfully.

4. Restart .

5. Windows 8 Boots... :blink:

I am experiencing the exact same fault.

Hardware

Samsung Series 5 laptop

model: NP540U3c

Preinstalled Windows 8

Uninstalled Symantec AV

Installed MS Windows + Office 2010 Updates

Installed KES 10

Laptop now hangs at the Samsung logo.

The only thing that can be done is a system restore back to factory default.

Additional test result today on the Samsung Windows 8 Laptop

System factory reset.

1) uninstall Symantec AV

2) uninstall Norton online Backup

3) uninstall MS Office 2010 trial

3) Install KES 10

System boots up ok so far.

4) Install MS Office 2010 Professional

restart, now system now hung at Symantec logo. No MS updates were installed.

I had same problem.

1. setup KES10 no reboot apply SC10 policy upgrade from kes8

2. KES10 web filter fail

3. reboot ... still reboot

4. had the file...

Downloads.rar

This is the important question that has remained unanswered. If these devices are new enough that they have UEFI type BIOS, then KES 10 will crash the machine if the encryption module is installed. I just worked through this with support on an HP ElitePad 900. The only way to not BSOD the tablet is to perform a standard install WITHOUT the encryption (full-disk or file-level). This is a known issue with KES10. Support for UEFI is not going to be added until at least Q2 of 2014.

In the meantime, try doing a standard installation rather than a full installation and check your results.

We ran into the issue of all our machines that we converted to KES 10 BSOD at startup. We found the problem to be with the policy. We converted the KES 8 policy to 10 and apparently it didn't like that. When I removed that policy and create a fresh KES 10 policy all the machines were good and no more BSOD.

Hope that helps.

Hello!

It is a known problem and it happens on laptops that use UEFI (Samsung laptops mostly)

As a workaround you can install KES10 without Device control module (it helps in some cases)

But if it won't help then the only way is to wait until fix is released. Our developers are now at stage of fixing that issue.

Thank You!

Hello!

It is a known problem and it happens on laptops that use UEFI (Samsung laptops mostly)

As a workaround you can install KES10 without Device control module (it helps in some cases)

But if it won't help then the only way is to wait until fix is released. Our developers are now at stage of fixing that issue.

Thank You!

Hi how do you install KES 10 without the Device Control module? Thanks!

Same here. This is our second S9, with same issue.

Have Samsung Series 9 (NP900X4D-A03US). Installed KES 10.1.0.867, rebooted... and Samsung logo with black background, and white circle dots spinning round and round. Left for aprox 45 minutes, with no boot to GUI or any progress. Forced power off with power button for 5-10 seconds, powered on and started a repair. Unable to repair, and gave option to system restore. No dates to choose from, just a restore button. Pressed restore... took a really long time 15-30 minutes. Then restored, and booted to GUI. Was back to factory defaults.

I have sent a message to the Kaspersky Partner Team for assistance. Will be using an alternative solution in the mean time. Currently working OK with built in Microsoft Windows Defender / Security Essentials.

I just wanted to let others know we are also experiencing the same issue. We do not have this issue with other models of notebooks. So far, we have only seen this with the recent S9 models.

Did not try installing KES10, choosing custom install, deselect Device Control.

I did not exhaustively test.. however I also noticed that I was no longer able to get into System Bios on power on.. during this problem. I boot and it immediately goes to Black background Samsung logo spinning circle.

-

Brian Flores

Cognetic

Edited by Brian Flores

Hello!

Thank You!

Do you have an ETA on this? Our company uses the Samsung 7 Series ultra books for onsite client support for management calendars, time entries, and service tickets. This is kind of crucial especially in a domain environment where there is terabytes worth of data that could be compromised because of no AV software.

Do you have an ETA on this? Our company uses the Samsung 7 Series ultra books for onsite client support for management calendars, time entries, and service tickets. This is kind of crucial especially in a domain environment where there is terabytes worth of data that could be compromised because of no AV software.

Reply sent through private messaging.

Instructions:

[ http://support.kaspersky.com/8755 ]

Hi,

I am having this issue on our Samsung NP900X4D's with Windows 8 and HDD passwords; when rolling Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.1.0.867 via Kaspersky Security Centre

Is there a current solution or work around?

Cheers,

Michael

Hi,

I am having this issue on our Samsung NP900X4D's with Windows 8 and HDD passwords; when rolling Kaspersky Endpoint Security 10.1.0.867 via Kaspersky Security Centre

Is there a current solution or work around?

Cheers,

Michael

Hi,

I've sent you the patch (pf106) in PM.

I have the same problem! Any chance to try the patch aswell? How do I apply it?

Regards

Sebastian

Hello,

We are also receiving this issue.

could I trouble you for a copy of the patch also?

Thankyou

Hello,

We are also receiving this issue.

could I trouble you for a copy of the patch also?

Thankyou

Sure. Check the private message.

Thanky you very much. That does the trick

Sebastian

No worries)

No worries)

I am having the same problema with a Samsung ativ 700, I would be pleased if you could send me the patch.

Shall I install the patch befor reboot?

I am having the same problema with a Samsung ativ 700, I would be pleased if you could send me the patch.

Shall I install the patch befor reboot?

Hi,

After installing the patch OS reboots.

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.