jbwisemo

Activation with Open Space license no admin server?

:bt: Hello,

:bz: We have a license for Kaspersky Open Space Security, which includes licenses for Kaspersky Mobile Security. We do not use the "Admin Server" because it proved to difficult to install and use.

:bravo: For all the other products covered by the license, we can simply use key files and activation code that came with the license.

:dash1: But activating KMS (On Android in this case) seems not to work:

[*]Activation by key file is a missing feature in KMS.

[*]Activation with the activation code from the Open Space license purchase is rejected with a message that the code can not be used to activate KMS.

:unsure: So how do we activate/reactivate KMS on Android using our already paid license.

P.S.

:russian: Purchase was direct from kaspersky.com using their Digital River powered web store, because our national distributor only knows about home products.

P.P.S.

:offtopic: The list bbcode tag doesn't seem to work, thus the strange stars where there should have been bullet points.

KMS is a home product and your key is for a corporate product.

The version for your key is here.

KMS is a home product and your key is for a corporate product.

The version for your key is here.

Thanks for the hint, it was not clear if the App was the same for corporate and home licenses.

:dash1: I downloaded the "KES 8" apk you pointed me to and copied both it and the .key file to the phone, but when I tried to install it, it insisted that it could only be activated by downloading a profile from the admin server.

:ireful3: As I wrote, I do not use the admin server for many reasons, one being that it requires an insecure firewall and server setup to work with out-of-lan computers, another that it is just horribly hard to install (like the docs saying it supports Server 2008 Core and not mentioning anywhere near that claim that it doesn't support Server 2008 R2 Core). At one point I almost got it working, but found that many things just didn't work with our network security (for instance, not all machines allow remote access via SMB, not all users are untrusted, etc.).

So is there a way to install a corporate licensed KMS/KES for Android without that admin server?

Or do we have to purchase an extra "home" license for each device?

There is no way to activate it without ksc...and it is hard to install and manage it as you want it to be...if you want to learn it want be hard...you can install it on win 7 if you want and follow the instructions how to prepare it kms installation.

Edited by zeljko.n