Vastoking2

Kaspersky Pure Prevents Disk Check?

before I installed Kaspersky Pure Disk check Ran fine After i installed it

it i would restart computer get ready for the check and it would say something is preventing it then i removed Pure and it worked again Why is Kaspersky Pure Causing this i don't see what could be conflicting any ideas?

well im guessing id still ave to have it on my computer i uninstalled it because it was causing problems

You can run the GSI without Kaspersky installed.

You can run the GSI without Kaspersky installed.

here is the link thing http://www.getsysteminfo.com/read.php?file...b99a047caa76992

i saw were it said Incompatible with Malwerebytes ,Pure was on my computer and causing it before i had malwerebytes on and i have it so Malwerebytes is not working and i never run it at the same time as Kasper

Edited by Vastoking2

Your GSI is showing Kaspersky Internet Security as installed.

For now uninstall Malwarebytes Antimalware, reboot.

Next, If KIS shows as installed in control panel > programs & features, then uninstall it. If not then skip that.

Run the removal tool in safe mode (tap f8 when booting): http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 if it is a choice.

Don't reboot, instead run the removal again and see if PURE is a choice, if so chose PURE and run the removal tool, if not choose all known product instead. This time, reboot after tool use.

Run the GSI again and post the link of the new GSI before proceeding.

Edited by rudger79

Your GSI is showing Kaspersky Internet Security as installed.

For now uninstall Malwarebytes Antimalware, reboot.

Next, If KIS shows as installed in control panel > programs & features, then uninstall it. If not then skip that.

Run the removal tool in safe mode (tap f8 when booting): http://support.kaspersky.com/faq/?qid=208279463

Download and extract it to your C:\ drive (so its located in c:\kavremover). Scroll down in the linked instructions and select Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 if it is a choice.

Don't reboot, instead run the removal again and see if PURE is a choice, if so chose PURE and run the removal tool, if not choose all known product instead. This time, reboot after tool use.

Run the GSI again and post the link of the new GSI before proceeding.

i know i installed Kaspersky Internet Security Because pure was being stupid Malwerebytes is not causing problems i know what im doing with that program and it is not interfering because its set to only run if i manually run it and i really don't feel like doing all of this if its not going to work the Pure was only a trial version i also has restored my computer to before i installed Kaspersky pure before i installed internet security

Edited by Vastoking2

GSI looks good. KIS not showing installed any more. Please proceed with PURE install.

FYI. It is best to install kaspersky before MBAM then install MBAM after kaspersky is installed. :)

GSI looks good. KIS not showing installed any more. Please proceed with PURE install.

FYI. It is best to install kaspersky before MBAM then install MBAM after kaspersky is installed. :)

im creating a system image and restore point just in case i installed it now im updating it

Edited by Vastoking2

You could also let support know about this.

Also, if you uninstall PURE and before you install KIS, maybe try Disk Check to see that it works as it should.

Vastoking2, I am not sure whether I correctly have understood your first post. How did you run chkdsk; from a cmd window with administrator privileges? What option did you use, 'chkdsk /f' or 'chkdsk /r' to order a check at next boot? At next bot, did you receive a message telling something like “could not run chkdsk due to a newly installed software package”?

Check your Event Viewer, do you have errors like “ID 24620 BitLocker-Driver”?

If you open a cmd window and type: mountvol

Several drives are to be listed. Do you have something like this:

\\?\Volume{71239103-091e-11e0-909e-806e6f6e6963}\

*** NOT MOUNTABLE UNTIL A VOLUME MOUNT POINT IS CREATED. ***

If you execute the cmd 'mountvol /r' (without the quotes). Are you now able to run chkdsk with /f or /r option?

I am very anxious to here from you, Vastoking2. In the meantime, I kindly ask other users to perform this test:

1. Check your Event Viewer: Any BitLocker error? (pres ctrl-F and type 'BitLocker' or the error ID '24620' to search for the entry)

2. Open a CMD window as administrator: Type 'mountvol'. Is an unmounted drive listed? (as described in my previous post).

3. Open a CMD window as administrator: Type 'chkdsk /r' and confirm that the process is to be performed at next boot. Reboot. Does the operation start?

I have done this test on my XP computer with PURE 2.0. Point 1 & 2 are negative, but I do not think BitLocker is used with WinXP. Point 3 is worse: CHKDSK cannot be performed. “Cannot open volume for direct access.”

I have installed Diskeeper on my XP machine. Diskeeper is not able any more to perform any boot-time operations, “Probably the disk is not mounted.”

IF – be aware that I say “if” - PURE 2.0 is causing this problem, there is a serious bug in the program. I have recently (11.04.2012) reformatted my Win7 computer and reinstalled Windows due to the BitLocker error. I was not able to find the reason for the error. Now the error reoccurred two days later.

I have installed PURE 2.0 three times on this computer, always a clean install after a KAVRemover run.

PS. Please read my other topic 'Registry Warning, Event ID 1530_User Profile Service' at http://forum.kaspersky.com/index.php?s=&am...t&p=1835661

Danila Tyurin has asked me to open a support ticket. I have done so, request number: 313891904.

Danila Tyurin has asked me to open a support ticket. I have done so, request number: 313891904.

The helpdesk has been really impressive at this occasion. Yesterday (day #1) I had two emails from support; so the communication has started,

I am convinced I have found the reason for the culprit; I have of course sent all the information to the helpdesk. I am waiting for their confirmation and KL's plan for resolving the problem.

I assumed it was preferable for KL to learn from the users which systems are affected. Personally I know that my Win7 x64 and WinXP x32 computers are affected. No one has, so far, responded to my test-points in post #16. Maybe PURE users never run chkdsk or use programs like Diskeeper? :ao:

PS Vastoking2, where are you?

Guest Tube-Rider-Dude

Hi John,

Thanks for your earlier PM, I came here as soon as I read it but to be honest I have to bow down to your superior computing knowledge on this one. :pray:

I have looked at the event viewer but sadly that's not much help to you I'm afraid.., I deleted all my entries earlier today! As for running the CMD prompt as an Administrator, I have done that and here's a screenie of the output, ignore the user name, Christopher was my dear departed friends name who owned this machine before me.

post-408319-1334887720_thumb.jpg

I'm sorry I have not run the other tests you asked for, as I recall from previous experience running chkdsk takes a while and I'd rather not tie up my machine until later tomorrow. Hopefully someone else will offer some help on that one for you.

One thing which has come to my attention is that Pure is preventing 'Windows Paint' from loading on screen! It is running in the background if I check the task manager processes window although it does not appear in the applications tab! I had this problem yesterday too but did not make the connection. It was quite by chance that when I paused Pure's protection just now and then tried launching paint again it worked first time. I have reproduced this error twice now.

I don't know if this has any bearing on your existing problems with chkdsk but it may be worth mentioning. I've had my suspicions that some other programs have not been launching first time around either but dismissed this as my imagination. Usually a couple more mouse clicks had launched the program in the end.

Cheers for now fella,

Tyler :ay:

Hi Tyler,

On your XP computer: MOUNTVOL only displays your normal drives C:, D: and F:, no drive with subtext “*** NO MOUNT POINT ***” or “*** NOT MOUNTABLE UNTIL A VOLUME MOUNT POINT IS CREATED. ***”. I have exactly the same on my XP computer, and there is no BitLocker error in the Event Viewer under such circumstances. The only error you might encounter with XP (as far as I know), is the denial of running chkdsk. At reboot you might get the error message “Cannot open volume for direct access.” Yes, you are right, the chkdsk process does need some time, do not run if you are in a hurry.

The two first signs described in post #16, only occurs on Win7 and probably Vista computers. It should be great to know what other users experience. Does it matter whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit computer? Is it dependent on the CPU brand (Intel or AMD)?

The command “chkdsk /R” on a Win7/Vista computer might display (at reboot):

"Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package. Use system restore to bring it to a time before the software. An unspecified error occurred (766f6c756d652e63 3f1)"

Hi Tyler,

On your XP computer: MOUNTVOL only displays your normal drives C:, D: and F:, no drive with subtext “*** NO MOUNT POINT ***” or “*** NOT MOUNTABLE UNTIL A VOLUME MOUNT POINT IS CREATED. ***”. I have exactly the same on my XP computer, and there is no BitLocker error in the Event Viewer under such circumstances. The only error you might encounter with XP (as far as I know), is the denial of running chkdsk. At reboot you might get the error message “Cannot open volume for direct access.” Yes, you are right, the chkdsk process does need some time, do not run if you are in a hurry.

The two first signs described in post #16, only occurs on Win7 and probably Vista computers. It should be great to know what other users experience. Does it matter whether it is a 32 bit or 64 bit computer? Is it dependent on the CPU brand (Intel or AMD)?

The command “chkdsk /R” on a Win7/Vista computer might display (at reboot):

"Autochk cannot run due to an error caused by a recently installed software package. Use system restore to bring it to a time before the software. An unspecified error occurred (766f6c756d652e63 3f1)"

Unfortunately, Vastoking2 never came back. But I have inherited his problem on both of my computers (XP and W7). I am in touch with the support, so far, no solution. We are still working with he case. Thanks, Adrian.

If you, fellow user, might wish to contribute to clarify the spread of this issue, you might add /i/c as parameters to reduce the time for running the chkdsk (if you are lucky), that is: Enter the CMD (as administrator): chkdsk /r/i/c, reboot. Report what you see. Thank you. :unsure:

Hi, just saw the title of thread and read it, and did the test.

typed "chkdsk /r" in cmd window on admin privileges...

got this error:

post-214339-1337380468_thumb.jpg

running a Win7 x86 AMD Athlon Machine / Pure 2.0 (12.0.1.288 ab)

Edited by Spincast

Same issue for me when trying to run a check disk :(

Windows 7 32-bit

Kaspersky Pure 2.0

Same issue for me when trying to run a check disk :(

Windows 7 32-bit

Kaspersky Pure 2.0

A few days ago the Tech Support gave me a solution. It is a very simple one time operation!

I asked Tech Support for permission to tell about the solution they came up with. It is a pleasure to tell:

Yes please inform them the users on forum.

The solution to let chkdsk do it's job, is very easy: Just disable Self-Defense in PURE 2.0, execute the command 'chkdsk /r' and reboot. PURE reminds you to re-enable self-defense.

To my Win7x64 computer this run was a permanent cure. I do not understand why, but now I can start chkdsk without disabling self-defense. Not that way with Windows XP, I have to disable self-defense at every run, but that is not cumbersome! You do not run chkdsk every day.

Other methods to run chkdsk:

1 Perform a clean boot according to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us (use msconfig to disable all non-Microsofts services, but you still have to disable self-defense as the first step)

2 Run chkdsk in a WinPE environment, you may use your Windows Repair Disc.

3 Uninstall PURE 2.0, the drastic solution! But it works.

Thanks to Tech Support, they demonstrates a positive willingness to cooperate with the users. In that way we can achieve a stable product that serves the needs of the users. Thank you. :ay:

Edited by Don Pelotas
Merged the two posts

A few days ago the Tech Support gave me a solution. It is a very simple one time operation!

I have been told that support answers are “private”, it might be intended for one individual, not for all users (!). I am not allowed to quote anything from a private conversation.

Because of this, I have asked the help-desk for permission to inform other users through this forum. They have a lot to do, now I have loaded even more on their shoulders, but if the forum rules are like this, I have to wait for the permission.

But maybe I can PM you the solution later on today. (?)

Just came across this thread.

I'm having the same issue with Pure 2.0 under XP Pro 32-bit (Intel 8-core PC). Hadn't linked it with Kaspersky until now.

I hope you are able to publish the solution or, alternatively, Kaspersky do so (or issue a patch).

It's not a major issue for me at the moment but an inconvenience.

Do you know if it's an issue with Pure operation or just because it's installed (i.e. if I disable protection temporarily, will chkdsk work then)?

e.

Edited by Don Pelotas
Check out the post above yours

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.