Sign in to follow this  
Labone01

Scheduled Scan slows PC's

Hi,

I'm sorry if this topic has been raised before, I did a search, but nothing came up.

We have Kaspersky Admin Kit and KAV 6.0.4.1424 installed on the clients. quite a few clients slow down quite a lot when a full scan is taking place ( I schedule once a week )

Some PC's finish the scan in an hour ( which is acceptable ) but some take 4 - 5 hours, these PC's are often really slow during the scan, some of these PC's are virtually the same spec etc as the ones that take 1 hr.

So my question really is, what can I check that might be causing such a difference in scan times? and what might be slowing the PC's down?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mick.

Hi,

I'm sorry if this topic has been raised before, I did a search, but nothing came up.

We have Kaspersky Admin Kit and KAV 6.0.4.1424 installed on the clients. quite a few clients slow down quite a lot when a full scan is taking place ( I schedule once a week )

Some PC's finish the scan in an hour ( which is acceptable ) but some take 4 - 5 hours, these PC's are often really slow during the scan, some of these PC's are virtually the same spec etc as the ones that take 1 hr.

So my question really is, what can I check that might be causing such a difference in scan times? and what might be slowing the PC's down?

Any help would be appreciated.

Mick.

I had this issue and a number of people complaining as well. What I did was for the Group Scan Task under properties I checked the box showing under Run Mode "Pause scheduled scan when screesaver is inactive or computer is unlocked" ( Seems like a fancy option for 'scan during idle time'). At first I had concern that I would get many clients showing as not scanned in a long time but I don't get that many more than I used to get without the option checked. Since clicking this option I no longer get users complaining.

Its also possible that the PCs that take longer have more content requiring scanning stored on them, and that they could also be scanning a lot of archives (zip and rar files for example) if you have archive scanning enabled.

It could also be they have a lot of programs running, or the computers could require a reboot and possibly maintenance (e.g. temp file cleanup).

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.