Could someone explain how to flush the DNS as both Kaspersky.com and Kaspersky.co.uk appear to heve been down since yesterday. Only .nl is OK

go into CommandPrompt (start>run>"cmd") and type in ipconfig /flushdns

I'am ok now no problems with Kaspersky.com.If you re-boot doe's this flush the DNA ,automatically

Charles.

Still no ability to view the web site of either Kaspersky uk or Kaspersky.

com. Can view Kaspersky .nl or any other but cannot view Virus.com.

All update downloads are running perfectly.

Tried both IE and Firefox same result. What I get is waiting and thenm of course it timeouts. ISP is Virgin.net

hello,

i have the same problem as gzkbb1. i can surf every where except on kaspersky.com. same if i stop kis or with a clean hostsfile ?!

What ISP are both of you using and what Country are you in?

If you really need www.kaspersky.com now, tunnel through this site: www.daveproxy.co.uk

The website works fine on my computer, but when i ping www.kaspersky.com, the replys are inconsistent... sometimes I get reply pings and sometimes I get "request timed out"... queer :huh:

re,

umh ? isp ? ^^ i go from belgium, internet acces with skynet.be and i dont really need to go on www.kaspersky.com but it is a little bit ennoying.

I have just had the Virgin Help desk in the UK test both Kaspersky.com and Kaspersky.co.uk and both they tell me are showing as down.

The sites do work if I use the proxy suggested above so my guess is the problem is between my ISP and the Kaspersky web sites

The sites do work if I use the proxy suggested above so my guess is the problem is  between my ISP and the Kaspersky web sites

Agree... try to contact Kaspersky.com's Admin, give them your IP address and ISP and see if they blocked it... some do this because they may have got attacks or something like that from the IP addresses

Same problem but i'm from Portugal.

Started yesterday and i can't activate 30 day trial for K.I.S.

aaaty5.th.jpg

Edited by slowdive

I have also not been able to (and still cannot) access kaspersky.com for a day or so.

Online from U.K and my ISP is Orange Broadband (formerly wanadoo/freeserve).

It's the same regardless of whether I use firefox or IE.

Decka

FWIW, i have not seen any problems connecting to kaspersky.com at all, have you who experience this tried to reboot and flush the DNS?

Your ISP's DNS server might be caching an older record for Kaspersky.com IP address. When you ping which IP address is returned. Also do a traceroute towards the site and see which hop it stops.

I'am ok now no problems with Kaspersky.com.If you re-boot doe's this flush the DNA ,automatically

Charles.

DNA, no.

DNS, yes. ;)

Paul Wynant

Moscow, Russia

Edited by p2u

I also cannot connect to the site, which is a problem for me at the moment because i have just formated my pc last night and reinstalled windows and today when i have reinstalled kaspersky everytime i put my activation code in it says connecting to activation server and then gives an error saying sending http request error and i cannot gain access to either site as well :(

i dont wanna go into to many things on me pc as i am using very old virus definitions and cannot update them as i can only use my software as the trail version at the moment :(

James

I also cannot connect to the site, which is a problem for me at the moment because i have just formated my pc last night and reinstalled windows and today when i have reinstalled kaspersky everytime i put my activation code in it says connecting to activation server and then gives an error saying sending http request error and i cannot gain access to either site as well :(

i dont wanna go into to many things on me pc as i am using very old virus definitions and cannot update them as i can only use my software as the trail version at the moment :(

James

Just a crazy idea that might not make sense, but could you try disabling your Windows DNS Client: Start - Control Panel - Administration - Services. Stop the service and set it to disabled (by double-clicking on the name and marking start-up type 'Disabled'). I've seen this work with some people. No promises...

Paul Wynant

Moscow, Russia

Edited by p2u

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.