stinga

ATTENTION: AutoPatch "D" issues

That's strange, as far as i know Proactive Defense is the only tool against registry keys' modifications. If someone knows better please enlight me.

I believe that functionality is the "Self Defense" option found within the client and policy.

post-165608-1292009360_thumb.jpg

Edited by stinga

The self defense option only protects Kaspersky from being modified by malware.

It doesn't protect other parts of the registry that are non-Kaspersky related.

Edited by RedTechie

We have received the same sort of reply from Kaspersky support. Although that explains the random false positives we received last week. It still doesn't explain the Outlook issue.

You are correct. I should have clarified in my post that Kaspersky's advice to disable Proactive Defense (or the "Input/output redirection" option in the Protection Policy under "Application Activity Analyzer") does nothing to remedy Outlook crashes. Rather, it remedies only the barrage of false positives (experienced during True Image backups and Notepad++ updates, for example) we've experienced since the installation of AutoPatch D.

I received this response from Kaspersky support:

Hi,

maybe i'm wrong but behavior analysis (proactive defense) is different from heuristic technology...KL itself states it.

M

Any update about this.

More , more problems with Outlook plugin..........

Close the mail client

Click Start > Run

In the Open field enter the following command:

regsvr32 /u %WKS folder name%\mcou.dll

regsvr32 /u %WKS folder name%\mcouas.dll

regsvr32 /u %WKS folder name%\x64\mcou.dll

regsvr32 /u %WKS folder name%\x64\mcouas.dll

Close the mail client

Click Start > Run

In the Open field enter the following command:

regsvr32 /u %WKS folder name%\mcou.dll

regsvr32 /u %WKS folder name%\mcouas.dll

regsvr32 /u %WKS folder name%\x64\mcou.dll

regsvr32 /u %WKS folder name%\x64\mcouas.dll

This is a way to live with the error. But no solution.

That is right Helmut.

Other problem with patch D and Outlook plugin in post:

KAV crashed Outlook 2007 when sending attachments

Other with Proactive Defense

Waiting for Kasperksy solution........not temporal solution neither disable plugin...

Was wondering why some of our Outlook users had starting randomly crashing, the funny thing is we have the mail plugin disabled anyway (scanned by Messagelabs on the way in)

Proactive Defense makes no difference as ours has been disabled since the MP4 upgrade when it quarantined loads of random (and completely legitimate) programs we use on a day-to-day basis. Never felt the urge to take the gamble of turning it back on again since :rolleyes:

Send atach from aplicattion directly is working now.... this update will be automatic?

Send atach from aplicattion directly is working now.... this update will be automatic?

I don't know exactly. But i'll try to introduce automation update.

hai 2 all

from the past one month this kaspersky is deleting and quarantaining the genuine applications of user,

our service desk is filled with kaspersky problems now we disabled the proactive defence in our policy.....now the users are happy

any how kaspersky is telling they will release update to solve this but there is no improvement.. when we expect...full fledged kaspersky..

Hi everyone.

Let's try to use this version of mcou.dll

Replace it in the safe mode or disable self-defense, replace and then restart Kaspersky AV.

mcou.rar

So we have to go around to 400+ workstations and shut them down into safe mode over write the broken mcou.dll with the one you posted.

This isn't even a good fix, it is a very lame response to a very large coding issue.

When is this going to be pushed out? if it is not TOP priority for Kaspersky dev team, it should be.

What is Kaspesky's level of testing patches before releasing a potentially operation affecting patch like this?

So we have to go around to 400+ workstations and shut them down into safe mode over write the broken mcou.dll with the one you posted.

This isn't even a good fix, it is a very lame response to a very large coding issue.

When is this going to be pushed out? if it is not TOP priority for Kaspersky dev team, it should be.

What is Kaspesky's level of testing patches before releasing a potentially operation affecting patch like this?

What about using pendmoves (http://technet.microsoft.com/de-de/sysinternals/bb897556.aspx)?

I've tried pendmoves (movefile), and i'm not having any luck rewriting with the new dll.

Echoing others, will this dll be released within an autopatch?

Marty

What is your error message using movefile? Can you gimme your exact parameter?

What is your error message using movefile? Can you gimme your exact parameter?

... actually I got movefile / pendmoves to work... sort of. It replaces the file (I do a delete of the mcous.dll in the KAV directory, then a move of the new file to the KAV directory).

After a while after mcous.dll is replaced with the new version, KAV informs me of a change and wants me to reboot. I reboot and KAV replaces the .1454 with the old .1448 with .1454 presumably created with a .removeonnextreboot extension.

How do I update this file, and not cause the AK to freak out and copy .1448 over the later mcous.dll file (.1454)? I would rather not turn off the option to update application modules, if I can help it.

How do I update this file, and not cause the AK to freak out and copy .1448 over the later mcous.dll file (.1454)? I would rather not turn off the option to update application modules, if I can help it.

Sorry, no other way, dude. Ak will continously update the clients with the DLL provided by update servers.

I would also like to know a release timeframe for the auto-patch.

Leaving "update program modules" OFF for the update task (so the manual patch stays in effect) makes me nervous.

Thanks

J

I would hope that any company with a functioning version control system in place would be able to avoid that.

i.e. any new AutoPatch (version "e"?) issued from now on should automatically contain mcou.dll version 1454 or above.

J

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.