dmack

Admin kit indicates two different versions of KAV installed on server

We have a client running the most recent version of the Admin Kit and the server and workstation clients. The Admin Kit indicates that protection is off on the server although the server client is installed and working properly according to the taskbar icon. When i check the Applications under properties of the server, it states the following:

Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 for Windows Server MP4 - Running

Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows File Server 5.0 - Inactive

Network Agent - Running

The problem is KAV for WFS 5.0--if I could remove that, the server would indicate its status properly. The thing is that 5.0 is not installed on the server. I've tried running the removal tool and it doesn't detect it. I also tried searching for "Kaspersky Anti-virus" in the registry and removing any reference to 5.0, but all that did was break a few parts of the Admin Kit but not remove KAV for WFS 5.0 from the server's properties.

How do I get KAV for WFS 5.0 to no longer show up under the installed applications for this server? Thanks!

Important Information

We use cookies to make your experience of our websites better. By using and further navigating this website you accept this. Detailed information about the use of cookies on this website is available by clicking on more information.